Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanatoss View Post
    Maybe people call you intolerant because I haven't seen you suggest once that the person doing the bullying should change anything about themselves too.
    I've said multiple times that it is fine to say that the bully should change, and that they should be more respectful. But I understand that simply telling them that is unlikely to change anything because it runs contrary to what they want to do, and it isn't a cut and dry task to punish bullies in a way that is effective. But I know that those being bullied want to be rid of it, they want it to no longer be a problem, and the best I can tell them is to change themselves and become more resilient and thick skinned. It will do wonders for them their entire life to be this way.

This isn't being intolerant. It is just being realistic.
    “Humanism means that the man is the measure of all things...But it is not only that man must start from himself in the area of knowledge and learning, but any value system must come arbitrarily from man himself by arbitrary choice.” - Francis A. Schaeffer

She committed suicide because of harassment?
    What a waste. Not to mention the immense pain it's caused to her family.

She could have also got support if she really wanted it. Gather evidence to hand it in to the police.
    A shitty situation, but one that could have been resolved.

RIP

Quote Originally Posted by spinner981 View Post
    I've said multiple times that it is fine to say that the bully should change, and that they should be more respectful. But I understand that simply telling them that is unlikely to change anything because it runs contrary to what they want to do, and it isn't a cut and dry task to punish bullies in a way that is effective. But I know that those being bullied want to be rid of it, they want it to no longer be a problem, and the best I can tell them is to change themselves and become more resilient and thick skinned. It will do wonders for them their entire life to be this way.

This isn't being intolerant. It is just being realistic.
    Well what's funny about a civilized society is we have laws that tend to curb people away from things they "want" to do when those things negatively impact/cause harm to others. I never said it would be an easy solution of actions to take but there clearly has to be some sort legal consequences which may depend entirely on a case by case scenario of how to handle it.

Why dont you all put your opinions aside and watch "13 Reasons Why". (A new series about a girl that explains why she commited suicide)

Eventho everyone is entitled to their own opinion, which is alright. You should keep in mind that a kid's brain is not fully functioning yet, they're seeing everything differently.
    You're delusional to think that at any given moment it's ONLY parent's fault that their kids are so called "pussies". Have you ever heard about nature and nurture? if not; get schooled kiddo. Some kids are dicks, some kids are not.

The argument that kids in 3rd world countries know what 'life' beholds is so dense that I cant help but laugh.
    You're such a hypocrite, sitting comfortably behind your keyboard thinking that you have to right to call out what life's about.
    Those kids have to deal with danger, hunger, war, death, .... every day and it WILL fuck their life up. So yeah, they've seen the worst, but they will be fucked up if they ever get out of said sitation.

Maybe you're so dense because you faced something similar back in your days and this is your way out? Who knows.
    Stay calm and reflect upon what you just said.

Lets just say that i would not care if that boy suddenly died a horrible death.

Quote Originally Posted by Requimortem View Post
    Thankfully you don't speak for society. If anything, "society" is on my side as evidenced by the various posts throughout this thread.
    Again, you have my sympathies.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankLampard View Post
    She could have also got support if she really wanted it. Gather evidence to hand it in to the police.
    A shitty situation, but one that could have been resolved.

RIP
    That's full of crap. Not only are people having to bug their kids because nothings being done but in one instance the school only took action against the person gathering evidence.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffyman View Post
    That's full of crap. Not only are people having to bug their kids because nothings being done but in one instance the school only took action against the person gathering evidence.

Point remains.
    Things can be done. Suicide is never the option.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post
    Kids need to learn to not give a fuck about other peoples opinions online. Power off your phone, tell your parents/teachers about it or if it gets criminal go to police. How do these kids even surive the smallest hardship in life if they cant even handle a school bully?
    Surely you can see... that they don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikerz View Post
    Why dont you all put your opinions aside and watch "13 Reasons Why". (A new series about a girl that explains why she commited suicide)

Eventho everyone is entitled to their own opinion, which is alright. You should keep in mind that a kid's brain is not fully functioning yet, they're seeing everything differently.
    You're delusional to think that at any given moment it's ONLY parent's fault that their kids are so called "pussies". Have you ever heard about nature and nurture? if not; get schooled kiddo. Some kids are dicks, some kids are not.

The argument that kids in 3rd world countries know what 'life' beholds is so dense that I cant help but laugh.
    You're such a hypocrite, sitting comfortably behind your keyboard thinking that you have to right to call out what life's about.
    Those kids have to deal with danger, hunger, war, death, .... every day and it WILL fuck their life up. So yeah, they've seen the worst, but they will be fucked up if they ever get out of said sitation.

Maybe you're so dense because you faced something similar back in your days and this is your way out? Who knows.
    Stay calm and reflect upon what you just said.
    Yeah I find this really odd that people are just saying "well she shouldn't give a fuck." Nevermind that children and teenage minds aren't fully developed and most kids go through an emotional instability period during that time. Some go through a hardcore rebel phase while others go through a period of crippling depression. It's not uncommon in the least.

There's also the fact that cyberbullying isn't always just a "block them" solution. People in general are so connected on social media and such now an the only way to really "block" is to completely stop using social media in general, thus isolating yourself from friends as well, and self blocking also doesn't stop the other party from posting and doing what they want anyways. You don't have to be seeing a text or message telling you to kill yourself when the other party is spreading nonsense and can continue their harassment through third parties and anonymous sources anywhere that you go. It can even follow you through changes of schools depending on how ruthless the bully wants to be, ruin relationships around you, etc.

This is like when people on this board were defending a grown man cyberbullying kids and saying "just block him!" when the cyberbullying often had real life bullying and harassment involved, blackmail, etc. And again, even in cases of straight cyberbullying, there's so many ways to get to the person both directly and indirectly that the only way to deal with it is full self isolation which is harmful by itself at that age.
    Last edited by Bullettime; 2017-04-10 at 11:26 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullettime View Post
    Yeah I find this really odd that people are just saying "well she shouldn't give a fuck." Nevermind that children and teenage minds aren't fully developed and most kids go through an emotional instability period during that time. Some go through a hardcore rebel phase while others go through a period of crippling depression. It's not uncommon in the least.

There's also the fact that cyberbullying isn't always just a "block them" solution. People in general are so connected on social media and such now an the only way to really "block" is to completely stop using social media in general, thus isolating yourself from friends as well, and self blocking also doesn't stop the other party from posting and doing what they want anyways. You don't have to be seeing a text or message telling you to kill yourself when the other party is spreading nonsense and can continue their harassment through third parties and anonymous sources anywhere that you go. It can even follow you through changes of schools depending on how ruthless the bully wants to be.

This is like when people on this board were defending a grown man cyberbullying kids and saying "just block him!" when the cyberbullying often had real life bullying and harassment involved, blackmail, etc. And again, even in cases of straight cyberbullying, there's so many ways to get to the person both directly and indirectly that the only way to deal with it is full self isolation which is harmful by itself at that age.
    Expecting regular people to have an understanding of human psychology or mental illness is ridiculous. Take their comments for what they are, ignorance.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    In this case they went to the same school, if I'm not mistaken. So that means she had to face her bully and deal with the slander on a regular basis, vs. just "turning off the computer" and never seeing the person in their day-to-day life.
    There's also so many ways to reach a person, their friends, etc with how interconnected we all are. Going into self imposed isolation is also extremely harmful for kids during that period of their development and only helps one problem area of the bullying.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

Quote Originally Posted by Lunaveil View Post
    Surely you can see... that they don't.
    In that case, fuck them. There's no point of having a social media zombies that can't handle real life.
    Sounds brutal but life is brutal. We should get better all the time. Now? Everybody's a fragile little special snowflake, offended by anything. Even sometimes commiting suicide because of the Internet. That's pathetic. Stop living in fucking matrix and learn to live in a real world.

Darwinism will handle the rest. As it handled that case.
    Last edited by Radeghost; 2017-04-10 at 11:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Cheese View Post
    I will express sympathy for the girl's parents but really. This is fucking pathetic. It is not hard to put the phone down and walk away. Or ignore them. Unbelievable. After the shit I had to deal with in school I am unable to express any form of empathy for someone who gets upset from something they read on their phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sykol View Post
    Being cyber bullied? Block them. Walk away from the computer. I really don't get how people can't deal with this stuff. If it's bullying in real life, punch the kid out or pay someone to do it for you. Beyond that, can't really help you. I got bullied a lot when I was younger and I dealt with it by fighting back, which stopped it.
    Wow, we have some serious badasses here !

/sarcasm

Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    Wow, we have some serious badasses here !

/sarcasm
    Wow,.It hurts you that someone can take care for himself in a normal way, not with suicide?

Quote Originally Posted by Radeghost View Post
    In that case, fuck them. There's no point of having a social media zombies that can't handle real life.
    Sounds brutal but life is brutal. We should get better all the time. Now? Everybody's a fragile little special snowflake, offended by anything and commiting suicide because of the Internet. That's pathetic.
    Well i am all for natural selection, if it was an adult i wouldn't give a fuck, but this is a kid, so You can't expect from the kid to have a stone skin and be durable for mental attacks, which in my opinion are worst than physical attacks. Yes, nowdays ppl are easily offended, but kid is kid. I think this is a parent fault of the bully that they didn't teach the kid how to behave and in my opinion they should be charged for passive participation in the girls suicide. I also blame the parents of the girl, nowdays parents leave rising kids to school, school friends and the internet.

Second thing this is also a fault of coeducation, girls and boys grow differently.
    Last edited by Nehezbegar; 2017-04-10 at 11:58 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds brutal but life is brutal. We should get better all the time. Now? Everybody's a fragile little special snowflake, offended by anything. Even sometimes commiting suicide because of the Internet. That's pathetic. Stop living in fucking matrix and learn to live in a real world.

What is pathetic is people so devoid of any kind of sympathy that they blame the victim, instead of the bullies. Case in point, you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GarlicGuy View Post
    I don't loathe humanity, but I 100% see your point.

There are:

1. Some truly evil people on this forum
    2. People who need to act like they are bigger than any issue because they think it makes them look tough
    3. so uncaring that I wonder how they make it through life
    4. not capable of even considering any view but their own as a possible correct way of looking at things
    5. Frightening individuals
    Yeah. Then there are those who tick all of the above boxes...

Quote Originally Posted by Sykol View Post
    Being cyber bullied? Block them. Walk away from the computer. I really don't get how people can't deal with this stuff. If it's bullying in real life, punch the kid out or pay someone to do it for you. Beyond that, can't really help you. I got bullied a lot when I was younger and I dealt with it by fighting back, which stopped it.
    Sure you can, what do you do when the cyber bully makes fake accounts? Delete all your social media? Ok then lets do that. But now all the kids that are at your school still reads all the shit that was wrote and repeat it to you at school.

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Sure you can, what do you do when the cyber bully makes fake accounts? Delete all your social media? Ok then lets do that. But now all the kids that are at your school still reads all the shit that was wrote and repeat it to you at school.
    Well if parents were parents and would beat the shit out of this kid even thinking about bullying anyone, the case would be solved long time ago, but adults and parents dont give a fuck about kids nowdays, they want to have free mind and not be bothered about rising kids anymore.

But this is a state problem too, even if u want to rise a kid properly You can't, because some of the tools that parent should use are banned and can put u in prison for infringement of the goverments ass as kids are not parents anymore.
    Last edited by Nehezbegar; 2017-04-10 at 12:11 PM.

Deleted

Nah, I think society would be better off by exterminating the bully. Institute the death penalty, no age requirement or limit. Life is brutal after all.