Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    you will still complain about x in 10 years, mark my words

Why are we comparing a final patch of the expansion zone, to a mid expansion zone?

LoGiC? What is this.

Deleted
    Well, it is the "broken" shore...

But imo: Timeless Isle > Tanaan > Broken shore

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    You are comparing End Expansion Patch Content with Mid Expansion Content. So your complaint has been pointless.
    Your comparison is pointless, following your own logic.

Quote Originally Posted by Nachtigal View Post
    And to boot, if they included all the "content" the other "isles" had, you doomsayers would then complain
    How it's just rehashed content. They're telling a story here, not giving you content. The atmosphere of broken
    Shore is completely different than anything. They could've added in a few dailies that were "omg kill this big bad that spawned"
    But then you guys would complain it was rehashed content.
    Suramar told me a story. Are you trying to say the barren-ness of the content is thematic to show how 'broken' the shore is? Because if so that would be amusing.
    Mistweaver Tax noun 1. The effect of both high mana costs, and lack of utility, coupled with requiring specific talent combinations to compete with other healers, while still not being able to compete with toolkits said healers have baseline in any competitive area.

Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    Your comparison is pointless, following your own logic.
    How is it a pointless comparison? The last patch of an expansion is usually the largest. You can compare Broken Shore, with Isle of Thunder, which is pretty much the equivalent of each other.

If there isn't another large patch, larger than this one, before expansion ends, sure complain, but complaining now makes no sense.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Archer View Post
    How is it a pointless comparison? The last patch of an expansion is usually the largest. You can compare Broken Shore, with Isle of Thunder, which is pretty much the equivalent of each other.

If there isn't another large patch, larger than this one, before expansion ends, sure complain, but complaining now makes no sense.
    No, its not and never have been except for maybe 5.4. Broken Shore was advertised by Blizzard, with a big blog post by IGN & their own tweets @Warcraft, as the biggest WoW patch ever - which its not, hence the discussion in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurgath View Post
    Lol, whine, whine, whine, whine.

I don't know what you guys were doing on Timeless Isle, ToT Island or Tanaan Jungle, but I rarely returned to play in those areas after the initial quests and rares were killed on my character in that zone.

Maybe you just like to farm useless things non-stop?
    IoT was almost perfect in every sense. I liked it so much I have the Stormbreaker title to show for it.
    MoP was one of the best times I had in this game.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    Tanaan was all we got for over a year. Broken shore is just another step towards the finish line of Legion. It is a middle of the expansion addition not a final feature like Tanaan was.

- - - Updated - - -

To be fair if you are going to look at ToV as an addition then we should do the same for BRF.
    Difference between ToV and BRF was, that ToV was added and opened in 7.1, where as BRF was added at 6.0 and just didn't open until 6.1. Compare BRF to NH, not ToV.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

No, its not and never have been except for maybe 5.4. Broken Shore was advertised by Blizzard, with a big blog post by IGN & their own tweets @Warcraft, as the biggest WoW patch ever - which its not, hence the discussion in this thread.
    Well it is the biggest patch ever. It just isn't all out. That is the issue.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Difference between ToV and BRF was, that ToV was added and opened in 7.1, where as BRF was added at 6.0 and just didn't open until 6.1. Compare BRF to NH, not ToV.
    Except the design process of ToV must have been incredibly quick and straightforward. All models and environments were rehashed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Twilight Cultist View Post
    How do you know that?
    Also, do not by any means count ToS as part of the patch. This is hardly the case since in the PTR the raid testing will ensue more fervently as it did in the 7.2 PTR.
    Also previously major class changes were part of every major patch. This time we had just a few of those. + tier set balancing

It is just a marketing trick. Even the title of the patch is Tomb of Sargeras lol

Should have been "Gates of Sargeras"

If you look at the patch, as a whole, including the "gated" stuff, it would be one of the largest, if not the largest patch when it comes to new things brought into the game.

The only thing gated is the story campaign. The content is as is. So while gating will finish out the story. Isle of Thunder had that and much more. The fundamental flaw is how the Broken Shore is designed which is barren with content and consists mostly of farming chests, elites and portals for the smallest of reward. The flaw that upsets people is that by it's nature what content it has, which is very little (even fully online) has to be stretched to it's absolute thinnest.

It's content that is absolutely uncharacteristic and not up to par with the rest of Legion in quality, which is why people are so shocked.
    Mistweaver Tax noun 1. The effect of both high mana costs, and lack of utility, coupled with requiring specific talent combinations to compete with other healers, while still not being able to compete with toolkits said healers have baseline in any competitive area.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    ROFLMAO, you can't be serious.

You don't remember shit about Isle of Thunder. There was gradual unlocking with more than 30 quests, special forge for blacksmiths, "a few" dailies were 50+ (and I am erring on the lower side here), there was Treasure Trove, etc. Just look at the achievements to refresh your memory, because it is lacking. That's not counting Isle of Giants.

Isle of Thunder + Isle of Giants are several times greater in terms of content than Broken Shore.
    And you only did a few of them Daily. Just like BS has Many WQ's they jst aren't all up every day. Isle of Giants was just random NPCS that you farmed, which was what my comparison to Dinosaur Bones and Shards was. Treasure Trove was what I said with Shado-Pan coin thing, since you require a COin to do it, and I likened that to the Challenges that BS has, Special forge for BS, yeah well there is Legendary Crafted quest line in BS.

Literally everything you just tried to compare as better BS also has. so ROFLMAO. Yes I am serious. Learn comprehension.

Broken Shore is so unpolished that there is not even battle pets in the area!

Very little content in 7.1? It added a 9 boss dungeon and a mini raid. What non-major patch in WoW's history came with more than that?
    3.2 for example. I guess you'd classify 3.1 as "major" because it had Ulduar, Argent Tournament, etc. 3.2 had a non-mini-raid (ToC), an instance, and a big new battleground, among other things.

That 9 boss dungeon you are referring to in 7.1 also was a rehash of an existing raid. They saved 70% of the work. Not that I am against them reusing content, far from it, but that makes it clearer just how much effort went into 7.1 (not much).

- - - Updated - - -

You are basing your "biggest patch ever" on things like:

"On top of that, there is the 11 week campaign. We don't know how in depth they are though. They could be short little quest chains or large epic stories. There is no way to know until we see it all unfold." (that's your quote from another post)

We had 7.2 for about a week now and based on the scale of the things that were unlocked, I think that "11 week campaign" you are referring to is more like short little *quests*, not even quest chains, and certainly nothing like large epic stories. I don't know what else you want to wait on, but if you want to wait on this "11 week campaign", sure, let's wait. I've already waited for 7.2 holding on comments on the overall content in Legion giving Blizzard the benefit of the doubt. Well, 7.2 came, I can see what it contains and it is not a lot. The patch notes are almost bigger than the content itself.

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    3.2 for example. I guess you'd classify 3.1 as "major" because it had Ulduar, Argent Tournament, etc. 3.2 had a non-mini-raid (ToC), an instance, and a big new battleground, among other things.

That 9 boss dungeon you are referring to in 7.1 also was a rehash of an existing raid. They saved 70% of the work. Not that I am against them reusing content, far from it, but that makes it clearer just how much effort went into 7.1 (not much).
    Speaking pragmatically, only about 50% of Karazhan's base model was preserved, the later half being completely new, including both giant and normal sized versions of an area. The rest of the instance was completely re-textured, All of the bosses are new from a design perspective, or new completely. All of the audio is new as well, only the original music is preserved. Karazhan is enjoyed not because it's a 'rehash' but because it is a redesign with the feeling karazhan had, and it was a perfect mix of nostalgia and new.

So by Kara being 'rehashed' you mean, almost entirely a brand new instance. Save rehash when you see a nearly 1:1 Naxxramas makeover happening.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Potentio View Post
    Except the design process of ToV must have been incredibly quick and straightforward. All models and environments were rehashed.

- - - Updated - - -

How do you know that?
    Also, do not by any means count ToS as part of the patch. This is hardly the case since in the PTR the raid testing will ensue more fervently as it did in the 7.2 PTR.
    Also previously major class changes were part of every major patch. This time we had just a few of those. + tier set balancing

It is just a marketing trick. Even the title of the patch is Tomb of Sargeras lol

Should have been "Gates of Sargeras"
    I can't see how that is even remotely relevant.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Deleted
    I would like to see someone telling me that 7.2 is better than 7.1.

Karazhan is better than CoEN. Suramar story continuation was better than Broken Chore (yes, I have done it on PTR). ToV was actually part of the patch, ToS is not (PTR testing will continue more fervently in 7.2.5 PTR, in 7.2 most of the stuff was still broken as hell)

Largest content patch my a$$.

Quote Originally Posted by Potentio View Post
    I would like to see someone telling me that 7.2 is better than 7.1.

Karazhan is better than CoEN. Suramar story continuation was better than Broken Chore (yes, I have done it on PTR). ToV was actually part of the patch, ToS is not (PTR testing will continue more fervently in 7.2.5 PTR, in 7.2 most of the stuff was still broken as hell)

Largest content patch my a$$.
    Largest doesn't equal best.