Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nehezbegar View Post
    Well if parents were parents and would beat the shit out of this kid even thinking about bullying anyone, the case would be solved long time ago, but adults and parents dont give a fuck about kids nowdays, they want to have free mind and not be bothered about rising kids anymore.
    You're 100% right on that. Too many kids are being raised by the internet and TV.

Deleted
    Was this exclusively kept to online harassment or was there an ongoing bullying effort in real life, too?

Quote Originally Posted by Sykol View Post
    Being cyber bullied? Block them. Walk away from the computer. I really don't get how people can't deal with this stuff. If it's bullying in real life, punch the kid out or pay someone to do it for you. Beyond that, can't really help you. I got bullied a lot when I was younger and I dealt with it by fighting back, which stopped it.
    block one account new ones created, friends of friends etc... punch the kid YOU get in trouble these days not the kid bullying. Kids can't fight back thanks to stupid zero tolerance rules in most schools.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Too many posters here are looking at this as a one sided issue when its not. No one party shouders all the blame in these scenarios.

In order to combat this you need to address all facets of the issue. No matter what punishment you concoct for bulying it will still exist. The punishment could be death by firing squad and some people would still bully others. (Thats not to say that there shouldnt be a punishment). Also, you cant just expect a child to cut themselves off from society to avoid the issue, hell the child might feel they are being punished for being the victim if you enforce that.

Children need to be taught ways to handle the situation while also being taught the consequences of being the bully.

Parents also need to have more of a role in this. You have to pay attention to your child and notice change in their attitudes. If your child gets to the point where suicide is the only answer you havent been paying enough attention to them.

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    as a highschool teacher myself, bullying is literally common in schools to be honest, is how to deal with it, the kids need to learn.

i had a problem with a teen last year who was so weak and "poor?" dude, he was literally been builled by everyone, i just couldn't take action on all his classmates.

though i did warn and had several punishment on some his bullying classmates, but the problem lies in him, each year, he will meet new people and they will start bullying him, which kinda happened, i did report the issue to the school therapist, but the problem lies with his parents and the teen himself.

this girl case, its just one guy, some school take it easy on bullying, should have had a harsh punishment, as the problem lies in him, not her.

Quote Originally Posted by Teaon View Post
    as a highschool teacher myself, bullying is literally common in schools to be honest, is how to deal with it, the kids need to learn.

i had a problem with a teen last year who was so weak and "poor?" dude, he was literally been builled by everyone, i just couldn't take action on all his classmates.

though i did warn and had several punishment on some his bullying classmates, but the problem lies in him, each year, he will meet new people and they will start bullying him, which kinda happened, i did report the issue to the school therapist, but the problem lies with his parents and the teen himself.

this girl case, its just one guy, some school take it easy on bullying, should have had a harsh punishment, as the problem lies in him, not her.
    The other reason is that teachers have limited tools to handle situations like this either. Nowdays it is forbidden to even shout on the kid in the school not to mention hitting with the ruler which was very effective back in the days.

Second thing is coeducation as i mentioned earlier, boys and girls should learn in school separately, since they grow in different rate. Girls are more mature than boys earlier.

Third thing is the forced education. If a kid does not want to learn and go to school, he should not be forced to do so. Because of this there are kids that are bored and dont want to be in school and they do stupid shit.

Fourth thing, all teachers in my highschool were speaking to me per mister, not by You. If You speak to someone per mister he behave like a mister if You speak to someone by You he behaves like a kid, in school. You have different kind of relation with the teacher, You respect him because he respects You.

"You're an asshole." Block. Oh, added again. "You're an asshole." Block. Repeat as necessary.
    There is no end and it doesn't help that so few adults really care.

i feel sorry for the loss of the kid and also for the parents but really cyber bullying? back in my day I took a knife out of my leg and hit the bullys head with the end of it. delinquents would come in gangs to schools. a complete hokuto no ken style. i really dont mean anything bad but this generation is incredibly soft, no idea about how to cope with stuff. What can be more toxic than lol, cs or other online gaming communities? facebook bully? lol ignore? the bully by the way has to be severely punished. what a scum.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gref View Post
    i feel sorry for the loss of the kid and also for the parents but really cyber bullying? back in my day I took a knife out of my leg and hit the bullys head with the end of it. delinquents would come in gangs to schools. a complete hokuto no ken style. i really dont mean anything bad but this generation is incredibly soft, no idea about how to cope with stuff. What can be more toxic than lol, cs or other online gaming communities? facebook bully? lol ignore? the bully by the way has to be severely punished. what a scum.
    I've had knives put to my throat, hit, stabbed, jumped on by a group of 3 or 4 and a group of 9 or 10 many times. Words were always the most damaging, they don't hurt immediately, they degrade you over time. Physical wounds will always heal but mental wounds are forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffyman View Post
    Arguments like these support school shootings.
    Looks to me like support for thicker skin.

Deleted
    Being cyber bullied? Block them. Walk away from the computer. I really don't get how people can't deal with this stuff. If it's bullying in real life, punch the kid out or pay someone to do it for you. Beyond that, can't really help you. I got bullied a lot when I was younger and I dealt with it by fighting back, which stopped it.
    At this point it's become so common that it doesn't really matter whether people think they should be able to deal with it easily or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullettime View Post
    Yeah I find this really odd that people are just saying "well she shouldn't give a fuck." Nevermind that children and teenage minds aren't fully developed and most kids go through an emotional instability period during that time. Some go through a hardcore rebel phase while others go through a period of crippling depression. It's not uncommon in the least.

There's also the fact that cyberbullying isn't always just a "block them" solution. People in general are so connected on social media and such now an the only way to really "block" is to completely stop using social media in general, thus isolating yourself from friends as well, and self blocking also doesn't stop the other party from posting and doing what they want anyways. You don't have to be seeing a text or message telling you to kill yourself when the other party is spreading nonsense and can continue their harassment through third parties and anonymous sources anywhere that you go. It can even follow you through changes of schools depending on how ruthless the bully wants to be, ruin relationships around you, etc.

This is like when people on this board were defending a grown man cyberbullying kids and saying "just block him!" when the cyberbullying often had real life bullying and harassment involved, blackmail, etc. And again, even in cases of straight cyberbullying, there's so many ways to get to the person both directly and indirectly that the only way to deal with it is full self isolation which is harmful by itself at that age.
    I agree with most of what you said, I do have to say there is a problem with the thought that not being connected with social media is isolation. I also feel sorry for the victim and their family. One of my best friends committed suicide, his ex-girlfriend harassing him relentlessly was one of the reasons (others being alcohol abuse, and he mixed it with strong pain killers he was prescribed for when he was a passenger in a car accident).

Social media I've never seen help relationships grow, haven't seen people become educated through it, it's more a source for instant gratification and something to turn to for distractions. I really don't think kids should be on Facebook, snapchat, or instagram. Our society really hasn't seen any improvements from any of them. They aren't isolated or missing out by not being on them. They need face to face time with friends and family. Kids now no longer learn patience or how to deal with long term issues because they can turn to something and get their short term desires fulfilled instantly now without resolving longer term issues.

I really can't disagree more that not having social media isolates people, or as another person said, hinders technological knowledge. People haven't changed as fast as technology has. My niece and nephew love visiting me, and when they do, we don't touch a phone, tablet, or computer except to let them call their parents, or to let the oldest call his girlfriend a couple times. Instead we spend time together gardening, helping them study for tests or complete their homework, playing board games, reading, learning and assessing technological advancements and projects, etc. Social media, letting kids watch youtube all day (all I see kids doing anymore is watching game play/reviews on youtube), is just the lazy thing. It's not helping kids. It's hurting them.

So many people act like they need social media in their lives. Then we look at the newest generations and see the majority as failures and somehow we don't look at the fact they have never been treated like children who are in need of family and friends who help them grow.
    and then he cupped my balls...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Coconuter View Post
    I agree with most of what you said, I do have to say there is a problem with the thought that not being connected with social media is isolation. I also feel sorry for the victim and their family. One of my best friends committed suicide, his ex-girlfriend harassing him relentlessly was one of the reasons (others being alcohol abuse, and he mixed it with strong pain killers he was prescribed for when he was a passenger in a car accident).

Social media I've never seen help relationships grow, haven't seen people become educated through it, it's more a source for instant gratification and something to turn to for distractions. I really don't think kids should be on Facebook, snapchat, or instagram. Our society really hasn't seen any improvements from any of them. They aren't isolated or missing out by not being on them. They need face to face time with friends and family. Kids now no longer learn patience or how to deal with long term issues because they can turn to something and get their short term desires fulfilled instantly now without resolving longer term issues.

I really can't disagree more that not having social media isolates people, or as another person said, hinders technological knowledge. People haven't changed as fast as technology has. My niece and nephew love visiting me, and when they do, we don't touch a phone, tablet, or computer except to let them call their parents, or to let the oldest call his girlfriend a couple times. Instead we spend time together gardening, helping them study for tests or complete their homework, playing board games, reading, learning and assessing technological advancements and projects, etc. Social media, letting kids watch youtube all day (all I see kids doing anymore is watching game play/reviews on youtube), is just the lazy thing. It's not helping kids. It's hurting them.

So many people act like they need social media in their lives. Then we look at the newest generations and see the majority as failures and somehow we don't look at the fact they have never been treated like children who are in need of family and friends who help them grow.
    Social media certainly isn't required, however I get some peculiar looks from adults when I say I'm not involved with social media. I feel like an atheist in the 18th century; with children trying to fit in wherever they can it isn't surprising that social media seems obligatory to them. With so many kids glued to their devices so often you are probably going to miss a lot of the social queues and etiquette they develop from the medium were you to exclude yourself.

This is definitely something parents should be influencing more and certainly schools should be on top of it from an early age. Anything said on social media should be considered as if it were said in real life and punished accordingly so that children can recognise that there are consequences and that they are responsible for those consequences.

People getting thick skin, will not stop dicks from being dicks, and the less dicks I have to deal with in life the better.

Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    Wow, we have some serious badasses here !

/sarcasm
    Mind explaining what you mean and why it warranted a sarcastic reply?

Quote Originally Posted by FrankLampard View Post
    Mind explaining what you mean and why it warranted a sarcastic reply?
    Maybe it's because most internet tough guys are like cyber-bullies; throw them in a back alley somewhere and most become real quiet. (most, not all.)
    Virtual reality rarely ever reflects...reality, at least in this particular case.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Maybe it's because most internet tough guys are like cyber-bullies; throw them in a back alley somewhere and most become real quiet. (most, not all.)
    Virtual reality rarely ever reflects...reality, at least in this particular case.
    Throw anyone in a back alley somewhere and they become quiet, either because they're a coward in reality, or because they're smart. A fair assessment.

Internet tough guys? Where?

That guy who said he stood up to his bully?
    That's how you deal with bullies. You show them you're not afraid of them.

I was bullied for being short and 'weak'.
    One day - I was fed up and gave him a black eye. He never touched me again.

I guess I'm an internet tough guy now?

Quote Originally Posted by Lunaveil View Post
    Throw anyone in a back alley somewhere and they become quiet, either because they're a coward in reality, or because they're smart. A fair assessment.
    Well, they rarely ever want to meet face-to-face (anywhere) with the ones they're "bullying."

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FrankLampard View Post
    Internet tough guys? Where?

That guy who said he stood up to his bully?
    That's how you deal with bullies. You show them you're not afraid of them.

I was bullied for being short and 'weak'.
    One day - I was fed up and gave him a black eye. He never touched me again.

I guess I'm an internet tough guy now?
    Missing the point.
    Which was...anyone can say anything over the 'net. Lies..truth...doesn't matter. In this "virtual" world it's all about anonymity. It's only when reality intrudes that we see a person for what s/he is.

Well, they rarely ever want to meet face-to-face (anywhere) with the ones they're "bullying."

- - - Updated - - -

Missing the point.
    Which was...anyone can say anything over the 'net. Lies..truth...doesn't matter. In this "virtual" world it's all about anonymity. It's only when reality intrudes that we see a person for what s/he is.
    Well...duh?
    Don't exactly see how this ties in with the guy I replied to.

He was calling out someone for being an 'internet tough guy' because he explained how he dealt with his bully.
    I don't see why the poster had to make out like it was something to doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Yes, because "cyber bullying" is extremely easy thing to deal with and/or get over

There is plenty of time, people just don't know how to use it. Well, it's OK for a 14 years old kid to not know it (how to fucking rest) in modern world, but i wouldn't mind if they did.
    See I disagree, you can't watch your kids 24/7 if they are targeted by such actions. Denying your children usage of the internet will work, but they miss out on a portion of the world now.

Also the extent that most of these kids that do kill themselves are bullied online is pretty extreme. It's not the same as that one kid at school. I'd venture to guess it's more wide spread, even with it the veil of anonymity, it's easier for people to leave messages than say it to someone's face.