Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    "Let's see you do better"
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    But you have beliefs.
    We all do.
    Even those that want us to think differently..
    Of course I have beliefs, generally speaking. I'm talking about religious beliefs in particular though. I have none.

Quote Originally Posted by Tulune View Post
    Of course I have beliefs, generally speaking. I'm talking about religious beliefs in particular though. I have none.
    *shrugs*
    I'm sure those that vandalized hundreds of gravesites in the Philadelphia area didn't have any either.

10+ Year Old Account
    People who refuse to accept definitive, proven facts. How do people go through life willingly choosing to ignore science?

The cheerleader bitch or sports jock who never outgrew their high school mentality. Being pretty or popular doesn't make you a better person.

Barbie types. You know, the ones who place such a high priority on their appearance that all else falls to the wayside even to the detriment of those around them.

"Us vs Them"
    Last edited by De Lupe; 2017-04-10 at 01:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Neyze View Post
    What sort of commonly held mindsets do you strongly disagree with?
    That people are created equal or should be equal.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    *shrugs*
    I'm sure those that vandalized hundreds of gravesites in the Philadelphia area didn't have any either.
    Ok? What does that have to do with anything? I must approve of vandalism because I lack a faith? What a non sequitur.

Defeatists annoy me to no end. If you don't play to win, don't play at all. That extends to all areas of life.

Quote Originally Posted by De Lupe View Post
    Being pretty or popular doesn't make you a better person.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

15+ Year Old Account
    Patriotism, xenophobia, religion... the general unwillingness of people to let others have what they themselves already do have.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    Blizzard didn't have any problem killing Kael'thas, Illidan, Kael'thas, Lady Vashj, or even Kael'thas.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wenoxar View Post
    I despise when people explain why not.

- Let's get drunk as fuck today
    - Oh no I can't, I have to stay home because this and that

From a social perspective, this is very polite and kind, but from my perspective it's wasting each other's time explaining things.
    I'm the other way around.

"Just because" is not an acceptable reason. I need an explanations from people. And I need to give explanations to people.

Men thinking they are superior to the opposite gender, meanwhile thousands of women outperform them in personal achievements every day.

Same with racism. People are racist, and overlook the simple fact that tons of people of that particular skin color outperform them in life.

It goes against logic. I also despise the fact that people are content believing their lives are monitored and dictated by some figment of imagination despite the metric fuckton of information and knowledge we have of our world compared to the early civilized man that had to explain shit around them in some way... usually by "this mighty deity done did it!"...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    treating service people like shit because they cannot respond in kind at a threat of losing their job. treating them like shit, becasue you think they are beneath you. I make a lot of final judgements of people based on how I see them treat casheers, waitstuff etc.
    My god, this one needs to be stickied.

After spending my entire working life in restaurants, I can't stand the assholes who do that shit. I work BoH because I'm a sarcastic smartass. I wouldn't hold my tongue against them for long.

"If you can get away with it, that means its okay"
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    This is the #1 term used at my Work anytime someone fucks up and I question a way we can fix it. Frustrates me to no end since it usually means I'm going to need to fix it down the line anyway instead of just doing it at the time I first find the mistake, basically so that the original person who fucked it up can wash their hands of the responsibility.
    The only time, it is what it is, is appropriate is when a comet is about to hit the ground where you are standing.

Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    Clarity is exactly what people who say this cannot seem to ever provide. It's quite ironic that a number of people who have said this to me ended up changing their minds to my view years later. I guess I'll never know what was so clear, since they see 'even clearer' now.

The fact of the matter is, if you can't explain something to someone then chances are good that you don't actually understand it yourself. At which point 'you'll understand when you're older' becomes a get-out-of-discussion-free card.
    I'm not sure what it was that someone said, "You'll understand when you're older." about in your case, but there are plenty of cases where that statement could be true. For example, when I was a kid I had pretty much zero clue what my parents sacrificed in order to raise me and my siblings. That's definitely one of those "You'll understand when you're older." kind of things. There are some things you just won't understand until you experience them yourself. And I don't even have kids, but I have a lot better idea of what it takes now that I know how kids can act and how expensive they can be.

But like just about any statement, it can be used improperly.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by z3rK View Post
    respect women/elders/put whatever here. Respect is EARNED not granted for free.
    I think the whole respect your elders thing is just saying, "Hey, old people have experienced a lot since they're old so you should probably strongly consider what they have to say." That's my take on it.

Also, I'd say that yeah you should respect everyone the same, but I don't think respect needs to be earned. You should give people the benefit of the doubt and start off treating them with respect. I guess it depends on what you mean by respect.

And besides all that any "Respect [so and so]" statement isn't saying you shouldn't respect anyone else. I don't see why people would find respect to be such a horrible thing.
    Last edited by Docturphil; 2017-04-10 at 02:27 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    People that have militant hate for innocuous things that give people enjoyment and don't really matter beyond that.

For example, I am a fan of an anime called Sword Art Online. One time on Reddit, someone butted into a conversation I was having with someone else about Sword Art Online to inform me that, "SAO is dog shit and its fans need to go kill themselves."

Like, it's just a show. Overreaction much? Tbh, I see anime in general get that sort of hate quite frequently. Maybe not to that level, but I just don't get why some people feel the need to insult and belittle people that like things that they don't like. I will never understand why these people care so damn much. I mean, I don't much care for Harry Potter. I don't go seeking out Harry Potter fan communities to tell them that Harry Potter is evil and causes AIDS or something. It's one of the more ridiculous bits of human behavior I've ever witnessed.
    Welcome to my world.

<------

Quote Originally Posted by Tulune View Post
    That you should respect religious beliefs. Sorry, but most religions are just utter bullshit, and bullshit deserves no respect.
    This image sums my feeling up nicely.
    [IMG]https://pics.onsizzle.com/t-believe-the-earth-was-created-when-two-angry-turtles-6036486.png[/MG]
    I see it more as "I respect your right to have a religion, but I do not respect your religion itself." Meaning I won't go out of my way to interfere with your human right to believe what you want, but that doesn't mean I have to reward you for being stupid either.

If I'm a guest at someone's home and they pray over their food, I'm going to stay quiet till they are done just to not be rude. You don't have to convert to be polite...especially if you're they're guest.

Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    Unless their right to believe it starts killing people.

...and I'm talking about faith healing.
    Faith healing itself doesn't kill people. Gullibility and ignorance kills people. Now, if we're talking about parents forcing faith healing on their kids instead of seeking out proper medical procedures, then I agree that the parents should be getting charged with negligence.
    Last edited by De Lupe; 2017-04-10 at 02:35 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    "You're alt-right" - So many fucking morons on these forums and the internet in general.

People who would rather attempt to win an argument than seek the truth, usually incapable of admitting they are wrong and learning from the conversation.

Failure to acknowledge nuance; people who see the world in black and white with false dichotomies.

People who think being in the military deserves some inherent high degree of respect.

Reactionary thoughts and ideas rather than using logic.

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    "I am your parent, I know better how you should live your life."
    If this is a parent talking to their teenage kid or younger it's probably true about 95% of the time. If they're saying this after you're 25 then it becomes less likely to be true, but still could be true.

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    "You should start saving money for a mortgage, not spend it on the luxuries."
    I mean you can spend your money how you want, but being stupid with money is one of the worst things you can do for your future.

7+ Year Old Account
    "All your base are belong to us".

10+ Year Old Account
    I usually don't care what people think. I tend to let their comments go in one ear and out the other. I try to stay cool, calm, and positive but there are just times where I feel like setting the world on fire because of some of the people I come across.

I think the most annoying kind of mentality out there that I just have no tolerance for are the SJW kind. People who think they are constant victims to non-existing problems and feel the need to disrupt other people's lives so that they can have their attention. They also go as far as affecting different types of media like TV, video games, movies, and comics because of something they found during their research that "offends" them. I put offends in quotations because they are not really offended they just look for things to pretend to be offended about and blow it up so that they can have their attention and feel powerful. I swear to god it's their fucking hobby to do this kind of shit because they have nothing going on in their lives.