Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    I never said the site is awful. It's not. It's a good, useful site with some flaws, as I said above.

Maybe it's just me because I am pretty much focused on 7.2.5 and regarding that topic the site seems to be a bit outdated (I know we don't have any particular details or patch notes yet, that's why I said it might be my fault).
    A long 7.2.5 video during the 1st week of the patch will be released with myself and Cele. Hard to create content without anything to base it on right now.

The one cute boss video we did was more as a teaser to give an idea of what type of content people should except from us. However, since -EVERYTHING- is changing in 7.2.5 we really don't think it would be relevant to create content atm.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by Seroz View Post
    However, since -EVERYTHING- is changing in 7.2.5 we really don't think it would be relevant to create content atm.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    And that's absolutely fine. As I said, it might be my fault, not yours.

Being 10/10m does not mean you're automatically the best MW and knowledgeable in all themes. How many MWs were wrong about MW's balance in beta/launch?

And the reality is, being a good technical raider does not make you a good theorycrafter, being a good theorycrafter doesn't make you good at crunching numbers and running tables. A community needs all those things to have a healthy balance.

This same behavior happened before where valid criticism was met with "Oh you're not 13/13m yet, so you're wrong" and posters were driven out of the forums despite being 100% factually correct. And a lot of MW posters here have been MW mains since MoP. I'm more inclined to look at someone who goes "I'm 10/10m, so I'm right" as perhaps a little bit naive at this point.
    Mistweaver Tax noun 1. The effect of both high mana costs, and lack of utility, coupled with requiring specific talent combinations to compete with other healers, while still not being able to compete with toolkits said healers have baseline in any competitive area.

This debate is always between feely craft and hard solid math and both are different and have their advantages and disadvantages. Its impossible to model a 100% accurate "sim" for healers because we as healers are so dynamic and have huge outside influences with other healers in our raids. That being said numbers can explain why some choices are better than others and a perfect example of this is Drape of Shame calculations, and on the flipside raiders can shed some light into why haste is overvalued or undervalued based on playing with it on varying fights.

I think Peak of serenity is trying to find a middle ground between these 2 by having hardcore maths guys like Garg and his spreadsheet along side mythic raiders and veteran players. To disregard someones opinion because they are not a "10/10 mythic raider" shows how little you know about the game to be completely honest. Thats like saying Sups has nothing of value to add to any mistweaver discussion atm because he has not raided on it in months.

mfw people say peak of serenity is feelycraft when its just maths and facts

mmo-c forums xd

Deleted
    forgot to add a depiction of your face

Quote Originally Posted by Tiphess View Post
    mfw people say peak of serenity is feelycraft when its just maths and facts

mmo-c forums xd
    No one said this, perhaps you misread Rekkal's post.
    Mistweaver Tax noun 1. The effect of both high mana costs, and lack of utility, coupled with requiring specific talent combinations to compete with other healers, while still not being able to compete with toolkits said healers have baseline in any competitive area.

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I never said the site is awful. It's not. It's a good, useful site with some flaws, as I said above.

Maybe it's just me because I am pretty much focused on 7.2.5 and regarding that topic the site seems to be a bit outdated (I know we don't have any particular details or patch notes yet, that's why I said it might be my fault).
    So the site, that has only been live for less than two weeks, and still has a lot more to be added since we rushed to get at least something out for 7.2, is outdated because there's no information on a patch that's several weeks in the future and not on PTR yet?

And while I totally agree that being good at theorycraft and good at playing the game do not always go hand in hand, the site is not one person posting things from their perspective. It's many people working together on content from a variety of perspectives. Discord has allowed us to communicate faster and better than ever before, so if you think there can be improvements made, specially with a site that's still brand new, people are more than welcome to join us in Discord and help to improve it.
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

I've withheld posting anything meaningful on the site about 7.2.5, since there's no hard data. Just class design philosophy. I've done tentative math and have spreadsheets in order for when the PTR is in my hands, which is when I'll start posting updates on 7.2.5 changes, but until then, there's nothing to base posts off of for 7.2.5.

10+ Year Old Account
    What are you guys even talking about

I love it when people are as vague as possible when they give criticism. For all people like seroz know, you could be complaining that peak of serenity doesn't give you a free blowjob when you click on the website.

Quote Originally Posted by Supliftz View Post
    What are you guys even talking about

I love it when people are as vague as possible when they give criticism. For all people like seroz know, you could be complaining that peak of serenity doesn't give you a free blowjob when you click on the website.
    Because infractions and cross site moderation make it hard for any valid criticism. That's all anyone can possibly say, without being afraid of getting an infraction for something stupid.

Or being banned from discord and not being able to use community resources. That's the only reason i like this new site, because It's in an easy to access place that isn't discord, but I'm sure the MMOC admin's won't like it because it's being co-opted by MMOC moderators which directly competes with their site goals.
    Last edited by Buildapanda; 2017-04-10 at 03:59 AM.
    Mistweaver Monk |
    "Those who lead through fear only stay in power while those they govern lack courage." ~ Lorewalker Cho

Deleted

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Buildapanda View Post
    Because infractions and cross site moderation make it hard for any valid criticism. That's all anyone can possibly say, without being afraid of getting an infraction for something stupid.

Or being banned from discord and not being able to use community resources. That's the only reason i like this new site, because It's in an easy to access place that isn't discord, but I'm sure the MMOC admin's won't like it because it's being co-opted by MMOC moderators which directly competes with their site goals.
    so cute buildapanda

Quote Originally Posted by Buildapanda View Post
    Yep sadly I constantly outperform people that blindly follow who follow that stuff with bis legendaries while I can't even get prydaz or velens while having 6 legs, I don't trust anything anymore unless I see it from top players in a top raiding guild in a video. experience will always be the better proof for me.
    yea sure you do buddy, sure you do

I regularly outperform my guildies when healing. I am 5/10 heroic. I also outperform most of them when DPSing on my WW, and noxxic claims my spec is bottom of the simcraft barrel.

Does that mean that my experience is at all relevent to anything? Does it mean that MWers are in a great place? Heh... nope.

The fights I do outperform my guildies are the ones I have spammed EF on, and the ones I got BoW and a leytorrent.

It doesn't feel good at all to spam EF. To me, it boils down to really shitty gameplay. That being said, I am hopefull for 7.2.5.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakoth View Post
    Does that mean that my experience is at all relevent to anything? Does it mean that MWers are in a great place? Heh... nope.
    That's the point. We're healers. You can calculate and write guides for DPS because DPS is easy and very foreseeable. Nothing unexpected can happen, you just stick to your rotation or priority list and that's it. I'd say high end raiders, theorycrafters etc. can write guides that are 99% accurate for DPS. But they can't do that for tanks and healers. That's why all guides for tanks / healers are "nice to read" but should never be seen as mandatory. They're helpful and informative, that's it.

7+ Year Old Account
    rip [MISTWEAVER] 7.0 Discussion Thread

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiphess View Post
    yea sure you do buddy, sure you do
    Is it really that hard to believe?

Logs of top MW'ers show some of them using 4pce, some not, some stacking haste, some stacking vers, some rushed 4th golden, some filled out their 3/4 traits. The entire spec is an up in the air shit show at the moment.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rife View Post
    Is it really that hard to believe?

Logs of top MW'ers show some of them using 4pce, some not, some stacking haste, some stacking vers, some rushed 4th golden, some filled out their 3/4 traits. The entire spec is an up in the air shit show at the moment.
    Mistweaver doesn't work without Geodew.

Quote Originally Posted by cqwrteur View Post
    Mistweaver doesn't work without Geodew.
    #FreeGeodew

I can't believe Babylonius can keep him locked up in his sex/spreadsheet dungeon for so long, this has to stop!

In all seriousness, Mistweaver community is incredibly tiny compared to other healer communities, everything is very close-knit and cliquey. I think people should just chill out sometimes and be less 'my way or the highway', especially since healing in Legion is more theory than raw data analysis right now.