I like it. They better not waste Cate Blanchett though (and with Marvel having spotty villains...hoping for the best)

the 2 previous thor movies are at the bottom of my marvel movie list. However this one looks pretty good. Not to mention when thor see's hulk in the trailer, i just couldn't stop laughing.

Seems like they only will have time to rip some parts from the Planet Hulk story, and rewrite a lot, which is sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    the 2 previous thor movies are at the bottom of my marvel movie list. However this one looks pretty good. Not to mention when thor see's hulk in the trailer, i just couldn't stop laughing.
    the main reason the first two thor movies are awful is because of jane foster, natalie portman talked shit so even though she was contracted for six movies shes been axed and wont be in this one at all.

there will be very little romance in this movie aside from a little bit of flirtation between thor and Valkyrie.

this movie at its core is a retro scifi throwback roadtrip movie. as chrth guessed almost all of that stuff is the beginning of the movie. majority of the movie is thor hulk and valk planet hopping and smashing shit up having fun.

this is going to be a very good movie, easily the best thor movie, and id say probably one of the top marvel movies.

this movie, just like civil war is going to feel very comic booky, tbh i feel like marvels getting more and more comfortable with themselves and were also getting into a media climate where weird shit is coming more and more into style so i feel like going forward the movies are going to get more and more comic booky.

infinity war is going to be insane

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Waynhim View Post
    Seems like they only will have time to rip some parts from the Planet Hulk story, and rewrite a lot, which is sad.
    ive been telling you guys for months this has nothing to do with planet hulk at all, literally the only similarity is that hulk is a gladiator when he meets up with thor.

theres nothing else from planet hulk and they can easily do a planet hulk movie later on, if anything this gives them MORE room to do planet hulk as this will be the first movie where hulk talks more than 3 words and actually becomes a character. theres very little if any bruce banner in this movie (although we may get some inner bruce and hulk conversations)
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    ive been telling you guys for months this has nothing to do with planet hulk at all, literally the only similarity is that hulk is a gladiator when he meets up with thor.
    It also takes place on Sakaar , so that's something. You're right though, they've taken one tiny portion of Planet Hulk, just as a way of getting him into the universe, so that Thor can meet him and it feels kinda natural, also gives us a rematch of Thor vs Hulk (which Thor should win, but it'll probably be a draw).

That out of the way:

DDAAMMNNNNN that was a great teaser. Showed enough to get me hyped, but didn't give away a huge amount of plot, which is pretty much the gold standard for teaser trailers IMO.

This is shaping up to be a solid entry into the MCU and by FAR the best Thor film yet.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

I don't know anything about the comics, but is Ragnarok based on Norse Mythology? Cause I used to read tons of that, and if they follow through, there should be an epic battle between the gods of asgard and Surtur, which is basically Sargeras from WoW (it's actually viceversa I know). Odin dies in battle, Thor kills a giant snake then dies from the poison.

Quote Originally Posted by fakaroonie View Post
    I don't know anything about the comics, but is Ragnarok based on Norse Mythology? Cause I used to read tons of that, and if they follow through, there should be an epic battle between the gods of asgard and Surtur, which is basically Sargeras from WoW (it's actually viceversa I know). Odin dies in battle, Thor kills a giant snake then dies from the poison.
    you might be disappointed. theres been rumours that surtur plays a role in the movie but i dont think hes actually IN the movie, i have a feeling theyre going to save him for a later movie.
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

10+ Year Old Account
    My takeaways from Thor 3 trailer:

- This has some Guardians juju. I like.
    - Cate Blanchett! Yaasss!
    - Woah. She just shattered Mew Mew like a boss.
    - All I care about is Cate Blanchett's Hela.
    - If Marvel gets Cate Blanchett only to make her another forgettable MCU villain then I will burn Marvel HQ to the ground!
    - Omg she's fierce.
    Last edited by Daws001; 2017-04-10 at 05:42 PM.

Oh they made Thor cut his hair!! Shit just got real yo!

10+ Year Old Account

Only reason to see the movie

That trailer already put it past Thor 1 and 2.

Looks like a fun blockbuster. Only concern would be trying to fit in too much and not a sharp focused story but we'll see

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daws001 View Post
    - If Marvel gets Cate Blanchett only to make her another forgettable MCU villain then I will burn Marvel HQ to the ground!
    I'm 90% sure at this point that we're going to be seeing a LOT more of Hela than just in Ragnarok. I have a feeling she's going to set the events in motion and maybe have a clash or two, but the big final fight of the film will be Thor vs Surtur, or someone similar.

Then the post credit scene will be setting up Hela as the Lady Death for MCU. Probably some interaction with her and Thanos.

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.

damn, Hela looks Hella amazing!!!

this scene right here is Godly. she looks... well Godly.
    Last edited by DemonHunter18; 2017-04-11 at 09:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DemonHunter18 View Post
    damn, Hela look Hella amazing!!!

this scene right here is Godly. she looks... welly Godly.
    That slow-forming smirk. ::melt::

I don't even like women (sexually)!

Deleted
    Ummm you're a? Ummmm norse ummmm god ummm ...

Chaos theory!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonHunter18 View Post
    this scene right here is Godly. she looks... welly Godly.
    It's hilarious seeing all the non comic fans losing their shit at this "But Mjolnir is made from magic metal, you can't just break it like that this is BULLSHIT"

oh, you sweet summer child... The Fimbulwinter is here, all you thought you knew is wrong.

p.s. Cate has always been on my low key love list... but DAMN she looks so fine in that outfit, it's just... DAMN.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    It's hilarious seeing all the non comic fans losing their shit at this "But Mjolnir is made from magic metal, you can't just break it like that this is BULLSHIT"

oh, you sweet summer child... The Fimbulwinter is here, all you thought you knew is wrong.

p.s. Cate has always been on my low key love list... but DAMN she looks so fine in that outfit, it's just... DAMN.
    Finished patting yourself on the back? "Non Comic fans" yuck.

It's good they are finally utilizing great stories of the past. You can keep the smug factor to yourself though marvel films have a broader appeal than "non comic fans".

Mob mentality everywhere even in art

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Mob mentality everywhere even in art
    Relax dude, I wasn't using that term in a derogatory manner, I merely meant "People who aren't familiar with the comics backstory of Thor". No need to flip out.

I'm dying to know how Hulk went from wandering around on a quin jet to being stuck on some far off planet in space. Last time I checked, SHIELD's quin jet weren't capable of space travel.

Quote Originally Posted by jimboa24 View Post
    I'm dying to know how Hulk went from wandering around on a quin jet to being stuck on some far off planet in space. Last time I checked, SHIELD's quin jet weren't capable of space travel.
    a wizard did it.

in reality though in the original cut of age of ultron the quinjet was supposed to go into space and not into the ocean since the plan was that if guardians didnt do well they would add hulk to gotg2 since it was already greenlit and they didnt know if it would be a success, they changed it near the end and hulk was going to have a cameo in civil war to explain it but that got axed and they didnt really know what to do with hulk so they thought about it and outside of loki the thor movies are their least critically liked and people love love love hulk and thors interactions in the avengers movies so they saved the guardians idea and put it in the thor movie.

hulk can talk in this movie so maybe he will explain it but we do know hulk has been missing for a couple years ever since age of ultron ended, he couldve gotten picked up by ravagers, worm holed, magic holed, maybe the people hosting the tournament scour the universe for "contenders" and beamed him up to the planet directly

it doesnt really matter all that much, what matters is that hulk + thor is awesome and they cant make a hulk solo film without sharing the profits and while that works for spidey hulk isnt spidey so they put it in a movie.