Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Vrykul Women are Bae.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tome View Post
    Usually there's a lie to it, like "animations are better" or "armour looks better" and such, of course implying that female characters have better animations than male in every game ever (they don't, so here comes the mindblow.)

Guys just want to play pretty characters. They want to feel pretty, or they want to feel slutty. There's this obsession going on with guys having "waifus" and whatnot.

It all boils down to males wanting to feel pretty, or dolling up characters in skirts and whatnot, or having an imaginary relationship with the character.

Of course, there are people who think the armour and animation looks cooler (female blood elf stealth animation comes to mind) and go for that.
    Thank you for the explanation, i'm one of the old school RPGers that think their chars must have some similiarity whit miself, in fact the only time i made a female char on wow i had to delete it after hit lv4 or 5 becouse i fel very uncoftable whit it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    Again, you discount many of the contributing factors here and just want to point to one possibility and say "See! Im right!"
    For those most popular female races I can't see them having anything else in common but being non-ugly ("non-monster" or "attractive" or whatever you want to call them). They have different racials, some even useless compared to other racials from less played races. And number of classes per race doesn't have such big effect as you think, because we should see Troll and Dwarves to be equally popular as Blood Elves, since they can be 10 different classes, but they aren't.
    What kind of business strategy is that they make another race which is going to be played only by 3% of total wow player population again? Seems like a big waste of time to me.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrxz View Post
    Recently I saw many suggestions for new WoW playable race(s) and my question is: Is there any known race in WoW universe which doesn't have "ugly" looking females?
    Who has said that? WHO? Please, show me who, because that goes completely against everything I've ever heard said.
    Whoever said it can't be serious.

You're forgetting that racials also have it's value. For example troll racials aren't good for dk. While belven silcence is very handy in both silencing and getting resources. In case of races like druid you have to admit that worgen female was done poorly, and in case of trolls their forms were not living up to expectations - especially catform looks very unpleasing while the primal version of feral artifact is imo how troll catform should look like by default. Personally, I'm happy with population of troll females, the increase of their number was visible sice WoD. And overall I think the choices that are available are really fine. All they need is more customisation and more options. And lastly elves will be always popular as fantasy race, because they're meant to have flawless beauty and such, with also LotR factor going on. and majority of peple will go for that. I also belive that racial lore must vastly improve to also make certain combo not just for the looks. And sadly only blood elves had steady and good development each expansion. Which can't be said about goblins, tauren and trolls.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

My preferred race preferences:

Precious material : Wax
    Object of Worship : Lit fire
    Conviction of believe : Very strong
    Stature : Tiny
    Favored weapon : Pickaxes

Most commonly race MEMEs : You no take candle!

Let me play a Kobold already!

honestly i only play a female belf because i want arcane torrent and males character models look completely retarded. the body dimensions are all out of whack. night elves suffer from this even more, nelf males upper body is so over sized its a mystery they dont just topple over.

Deleted
    What does it matter the amount of ppl that like to pay a race??

If we only had Blood Elfs and Night Elfs left i am pretty sure alot would be pissed but with this idea it would sound like almost everybody would be fine with it.

For those most popular female races I can't see them having anything else in common but being non-ugly ("non-monster" or "attractive" or whatever you want to call them). They have different racials, some even useless compared to other racials from less played races. And number of classes per race doesn't have such big effect as you think, because we should see Troll and Dwarves to be equally popular as Blood Elves, since they can be 10 different classes, but they aren't.
    What kind of business strategy is that they make another race which is going to be played only by 3% of total wow player population again? Seems like a big waste of time to me.
    You keep saying "as big as you think" where is your solid proof here? We have already seen how powerful the racials can be in previous xpacs - after the nerf/buff specific racials, so its obviously and effect. That added with other things mentioned here could easily explain much of the disparity. Pandaren for instance? People likely already have maxed out characters. Should they be deleting characters to be a pandaren? Likely people use the extra slot in MoP to make a Monk, Pandaren Monk, or something else. This could explain why they aren't really as popular - at least partly. Along with having sub-par racials and again, other things mentioned here.

Sure, I won't pretend like "prettiness" has NO effect on things, but its not as massive as you pretend, and its not a good argument for only pretty races.

You know the basement dwellers are playing those attractive female races and rubbing one out daily staring at there login screen.

Deleted
    Well first off, if ever there would be a new race introduced into World of Warcraft after this point it would invariably be given a fresh new animation skeleton, texture work, a tide of customization, and all kinds of revamps required to meet the standard of the art direction and/or game mechanics. So really everything between tauren and goblin in size is pretty much fair game as a player race, because Blizzard will just make it happen if they decide on it.

Secondly, I don't think they will actually lose much sleep over (for example) Ogre women not being the most popular pick. The new animation skeleton, mountains of customization, weight of in-game realization, and exploitable lore makes up for a race not being wholly embraced.. just look at Worgen.. I mean the female worgen animation skeleton is used for DH's meta form even.

Edit:
    Tbh, the widespread utility of an intensely reworked Naga animation rig could have some amazing use in any upcoming Azshara centric expansion. Might as well start preparing snakepeople bunks in the inns.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tromage View Post
    What does it matter the amount of ppl that like to pay a race??

If we only had Blood Elfs and Night Elfs left i am pretty sure alot would be pissed but with this idea it would sound like almost everybody would be fine with it.
    Just analyzing what would new wow race need to be successful, so that it doesn't end up being another 3% used race and based on statistic, the pretty factor for females plays a big role.

You keep saying "as big as you think" where is your solid proof here? We have already seen how powerful the racials can be in previous xpacs - after the nerf/buff specific racials, so its obviously and effect.
    What changed? Show me statistics. Those few top raiders race changed and you claim it's a big thing. Show me some statistics like I did and convince me that total percentage actually changed because of the changes Blizzard made to racials, I don't think it did. They added a whole new class to elfs and % changed only for a few %.

What changed? Show me statistics. Those few top raiders race changed and you claim it's a big thing. Show me some statistics like I did and convince me that total percentage actually changed because of the changes Blizzard made to racials, I don't think it did. They added a whole new class to elfs and % changed only for a few %.
    You literally just said things did change... 1% is a lot of people. You show two graphs and then claimed you were correct. Sorry OP, thats not enough.

Deleted
    You literally just said things did change... 1% is a lot of people. You show two graphs and then claimed you were correct. Sorry OP, thats not enough.
    Sure some people (small percent) chose their race based on racials. Never said they don't. But you will never admit that there is much larger chunk of people who chose race based on visual appearance and they prefer them to be pretty (for female part).

Quote Originally Posted by Merillo View Post
    Why people have atraction on playing a female character being male is still a mistery for me after 12 years
    I prefer the look of female draenei and female night elves. My human/gnome/worgen/dwarves are male however, because I prefer their look.
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

Sure some people (small percent) chose their race based on racials. Never said they don't. But you will never admit that there is much larger chunk of people who chose race based on visual appearance and they prefer them to be pretty (for female part).
    No, I don't think its a "much larger" percent. I already said its probable that some do - but the actual break down would be for a variety of reasons:

1. Sexy standards
    2. Racials
    3. Lore
    4. Class restrictions
    5. Size
    6. Armor
    7. People who played WC series that started WoW because of that
    8. People switching to new races
    9. Character slot restrictions
    10. Male/female having bad animations
    11. Fantasy/RP purposes

These are off the top of my head, in no order, and they all play a role. I don't think "sexyness" is a large reason why people play certain races.

BE's might look "pretty," but they also benefit from having consistently good racials, strong lore throughout the series, being the first new race added - right when WoW hit its peak, being the only race on the Horde that could be Paladin for a long time (Paladin, one of the most played classes), probably the most similar race to the Tolkien elves, among other things. Those things add up. In BC, leveling in general got easier as the game got older, more people played, and knowledge of the game expanded. With BEs being the first new race, obviously lots of people chose to try them. The Paladin restriction lifted, and Paladins being a strong AOE tank class at the time.. I mean these are obviously strong reasons behind BEs being popular. Then Wrath came out with no race addition, and leveling became EXTREMELY easy and much quicker, especially with LFD out. AOE grinding dungeons became a thing .. rinse and repeat.

Deleted
    snip
    All those "reasons" your mentioned could apply to races like Dwarf (especially female). So why they aren't as successful? Because they look ugly. The end.

All those "reasons" your mentioned could apply to races like Dwarf (especially female). So why they aren't as successful? Because they look ugly. The end.
    Very, very untrue. Go back and read.

Dwarf females look very decent after revamp. Dunno where you see the problem.

But this thread basicly turned the OP to dismiss all other races he doesn't like to be ugly, and complain about it. Elves aren't going anywhere to stick to them if you so much dread of orc or dwarf females. Noone is forcing you to play them.

I actually enjoy and appreciate on how diverse the races are, and there is something for everyone. If I'd want to play uncanny beautiful people I'd go for Korean MMO. But I like characters to have flaws, to look somewhat weird at times it makes them more relatable, and gives them some charm.

I don't know what do you OP expect at this moment.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

Deleted
    After reading everything Lemonpartyfan and Ramz said in this thread, I realized I was very wrong all along. I feel very sorry to start this topic now when you opened my eyes. I agree with you completely. A race which has females with a slim body proportions, untrained muscles and no body scars does not belong in the WoW. Adding Blood Elves was a mistake and similar race type should never be added to the game again. Adding a race which follows the modern human objective beauty standards in all beauty contest has no space in WoW and we should never suggest anything like that anymore, because we want diversity (but not this type of diversity).
    I hope the new race is going to have Princess Theradras like females, it's what we all want and hope for. A true definition of beauty.

- - - Updated - - -

A strong beautiful woman, a true representation of what modern pro-female activists are fighting for. If anyone wishes to play slimmer female race, he or she should be publicly shamed. I mean can you imagine that some people prefer slim race over this? Sick!
    Adding such race would for sure knock down number of Blood Elf females.
    Great ending of this thread with final conclusion.