Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Right now I think the final boss of Legion might actually be, in an epic twist, the Prophet Velen himself. I'm envisioning something going horribly wrong when we take the fight to Argus - either Velen discovers something he didn't know before, or Sargeras manages to use his displaced anger and rage to twist him into a corrupted version of himself. We will then either be forced to kill or redeem him in the final fight, preserving Sargeras as an opponent for the future but leaving the Burning Legion scattered and lacking leadership for now.
    Velen cant be killed since he appears right next to Old Anduin in the Son of the Wolf comic

Something Void Corrupted to lead us to the next expansion.

Honestly I have absolutely no idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    No, her avatar is a troubled woman with a shitty past.
    Not to mention that she'll likely be in her teenager Stage (Like 13-15 Human Age wise).

So...

Emo Azeroth?

Last boss could be a void related boss after the legion storyline is pretty much wrapped up, as a preview to the next expansion. I believe there have been plenty of references to the void so far.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Sargerus View Post
    Velen cant be killed since he appears right next to Old Anduin in the Son of the Wolf comic
    If I remember correctly that is one of Velen's visions, which aren't always correct or lack critical context. It remains to be seen if that vision will come to pass or not - although I also hope Velen would ultimately survive even if we have to beat sense back into him.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

The last boss of Legion will be our trusty Naaru companion, aka the Illidan fangirl

Quote Originally Posted by Sargerus View Post
    inb4 alternate timeline

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Laubman View Post
    The last boss of Legion will be our trusty Naaru companion, aka the Illidan fangirl
    I think Xe'ra is already essentially dead. What we have floating in our Order Halls is her sentience core, a fragment containing her memories but little else. Basically a recording device infused with her essence and personality, but only the merest part of her.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by tss View Post
    Why do people treat this like a recurring phenomenon? The only time a final tier led strongly into the next expansion was HFC and that's because Blizzard wanted to get the fuck out of orcville ASAP.
    Which was last expansion, and I don't see why they wouldn't want to do the same again. We've seen plenty of Legion related content now.

I actually don't know and I like it. I like the fact that its 7.2 and people still can't really guess it. I mean WoD was a failure so they bumped archimonde as the final boss.
    I guess even in MoP, hadn't they revealed garrosh as the final boss before hand, there were a lot of hints already pointing to it when 5.2 was out.
    All expacs before that had someone on the cover.

My personal guess is something void related, but not N'zoth. Any other kinda famous old gold/void aligned characters that could fit as a final boss?

Actually, no. I want a council fight that consists of demons only, to fit the name and theme of the expansion.
    This could be a Dreadlord council with tichondrius mephistroth (the third one whose name I forgot) Mal'ganis and varimathras.
    Or any other combination of famout demons. OR ALL OF THEM.

Klaxxi style end boss encounter please.
    Last edited by micwini; 2017-04-10 at 08:18 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Right now I think the final boss of Legion might actually be, in an epic twist, the Prophet Velen himself. I'm envisioning something going horribly wrong when we take the fight to Argus - either Velen discovers something he didn't know before, or Sargeras manages to use his displaced anger and rage to twist him into a corrupted version of himself. We will then either be forced to kill or redeem him in the final fight, preserving Sargeras as an opponent for the future but leaving the Burning Legion scattered and lacking leadership for now.
    Not sure about Velen turning but leaving the Burning Legion in this limbo state would be interesting and keep them around for a future wherever Warcraft goes.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

I really don't think we're gonna fight Sargaras. The 2 main enemies in wow is legion/old gods. They're not just gonna completely end one of those threats when they can use them again in a few expansions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Not sure about Velen turning but leaving the Burning Legion in this limbo state would be interesting and keep them around for a future wherever Warcraft goes.
    I'm thinking it would only be a temporary turn - something due to forced corruption as opposed to a decision to embrace the Legion's agenda. For me it adds an element of completeness to having defeated the entirety of Argus' triumvirate leadership (Archimonde, Kil'jaeden, and Velen) and it would break Sargeras' control over the Legion be disposing of his primary general and lieutenants. The Legion would no longer be a unified threat but the specter of Sargeras would still linger - fuel for a future encounter or a new storyline.

Pre-legion comic greets you

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by micwini View Post
    Pre-legion comic greets you
    As I said above: if I remember correctly that is one of Velen's visions, which aren't always correct or lack critical context. It remains to be seen if that vision will come to pass or not - although I also hope Velen would ultimately survive even if we have to beat sense back into him.

Will be an old god of some sort I guess

As I said above: if I remember correctly that is one of Velen's visions, which aren't always correct or lack critical context. It remains to be seen if that vision will come to pass or not - although I also hope Velen would ultimately survive even if we have to beat sense back into him.
    If I remember correctly, it says [X years later] in the top of that page.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by micwini View Post
    If I remember correctly, it says [X years later] in the top of that page.
    It does, yes. I assume it's a future envisioned by Velen, however; as most future visions in WoW tend to be.

I just don't see it...

Yes, it'll be a cool concept, but it'll go 100% against what his character is.

Besides, Kil'jaeden has MASTERED The fel, he has trained under Sargeras' wing for thousands of Years. I don't think a fel tainted Velen will be Satisfying, nor powerful enough to take us on. Besides, it wouldn't be a fair ending for our Artifacts either....

- - - Updated - - -

I find Velen more or less like Alpha-trion/Optimus in a fusion. He'll get pissed, but he's still a Pure, Good-hearted leader with a goal...