Page 15 of 94 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    I have quite a bit of doubts about how it's legal for the company to unilaterally cancel a sale over their own fuck-up, especially once the customer is actually deeply engaged in it.
    Have your doubts, I have my facts, the United States DOT allows for over booking and paying customers off if they have need of the seats.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

I have quite a bit of doubts about how it's legal for the company to unilaterally cancel a sale over their own fuck-up, especially once the customer is actually deeply engaged in it.
    Haven't you ever bought something and then been told they didn't have it in stock?

10+ Year Old Account
    It is a good thing this passenger caused a issue or else nobody would be talking about it. I think every passenger getting bumped should do the same or demand appropriate compensation plus punitive damages.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    MMO-C is filled with far right pro-big business posters.
    It is filled with both sides of the political spectrum wouldn't you agree?

Stood in the Fire
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    It's not a fuck up. Overbooking happens with nearly every flight. Customers are responsible for understanding that they aren't guaranteed a seat on the flight they purchased the ticket for. It's morally questionable, but not legally.
    thats like saying you pull up to mcdees, pay for a burger, get to the window and the employee says sorry sir al out of burgers come back tommorow. and when you say wtf is going on they rip you out of your car in the drive through and arrest you

United, Southwest, and Delta are all on my don't fly with list, worst for overbooking. Unless given no choice, I will pay a premium to not give my money to these people. Hopefully they realize this kind of stuff doesn't just cost them compensation when someone is bumped, but potential business from other flyers.
    (This signature was clearly too awesome for the Avatar & Signature Guidelines and was removed to prevent further facemelting)

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not a fuck up. Overbooking happens with nearly every flight. Customers are responsible for understanding that they aren't guaranteed a seat on the flight they purchased the ticket for. It's morally questionable, but not legally.
    Just think if it wen to other aspects of life: Sorry sure, but we cant rent this house to you now, we rented to too many people. Im sorry, we sold the car you paid for to someone else that works at the dealership. Sorry, we cant let you take your seat at the Super Bowl, we sold it to someone else after you already bought and paid for it.

That customers find this even remotely ok, shows how well brainwashed Americans have become....

Stood in the Fire
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by God Emperor Trump View Post
    It is a good thing this passenger caused a issue or else nobody would be talking about it. I think every passenger getting bumped should do the same or demand appropriate compensation plus punitive damages.
    Ive been ASKED if i prefer to be bumped before and it came with a 100-200$ bonus and a hotel that night and I declined and that was that. To force someone into being bumped and then bust their lip cuz they deny it after they are seated on the aircraft is fucking ridiculous. If he wasnt supposed to board how the fuck did he get on in the first place? This is a huge pile of the airlines poop that they pooped out not the poor asian guy.

UA is garbage anyway. This is just reason number 546732907 not to fly UA.

It won't cost them through a lawsuit, just any additional expenses the customer may need, or any that the Airline may give as extra - hotel, upgraded seat on another flight, etc.
    Jesus Christ! I say this is not going to go anywhere near a court and you're arguing that it won't cost them through a lawsuit?! If you think that they will get away with paying the cost of a hotel or an upgraded flight then I really don't know what to say.

So the company fucks up, and the guy who doesn't want to get shafted is responsible ?
    I don't know how your brain works, but it certainly seems to be in need of tuning.
    The company offered the legally required recompense. The man is REQUIRED by FEDERAL law to comply with the instructions of flight staff, so yes, its on him. It sucks, I can imagine the frustration he felt, still, its on him to leave the plane peaceably at that point, not cause a scene and disrupt the entire flight.

Stood in the Fire
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post
    Just think if it wen to other aspects of life: Sorry sure, but we cant rent this house to you now, we rented to too many people. Im sorry, we sold the car you paid for to someone else that works at the dealership. Sorry, we cant let you take your seat at the Super Bowl, we sold it to someone else after you already bought and paid for it.

That customers find this even remotely ok, shows how well brainwashed Americans have become....
    PEOPLE OF THE WORLD HAVE BECOME not just Americans. I cant understand some things we all accept because we are told to accept them.

Stood in the Fire
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    The company offered the legally required recompense. The man is REQUIRED by FEDERAL law to comply with the instructions of flight staff, so yes, its on him. It sucks, I can imagine the frustration he felt, still, its on him to leave the plane peaceably at that point, not cause a scene and disrupt the entire flight.
    I fail to see how that poor asian man may have been responsible for a delay in the flight......

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    And? You seem awfully accepting of the fact that the airline can mess up and it becomes their customers' problem. I have never said that it is illegal only that this will cost them.
    Such is the bargain you make when you purchase a ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by smooshtheman View Post
    thats like saying you pull up to mcdees, pay for a burger, get to the window and the employee says sorry sir al out of burgers come back tommorow. and when you say wtf is going on they rip you out of your car in the drive through and arrest you
    No... no its not. Because A: the airline still honors the ticket, just for another flight to the same destination, just a few hours later. and B: the individuals are compensated 3-4x the price on the original ticket price (depending on the airline).
    No man really becomes a fool until he stops asking questions.

Stood in the Fire
    7+ Year Old Account
    Flights have their own laws and regulations once you board. They can forcibly remove you, should you not comply with orders. Just like Police can forcibly remove you from property you refuse to vacate.

And in your scenario, you wouldn't not be getting a burger. It's like you pulling up to the window, paying, then being told they don't have any ready, at the moment, and being told to pull into the parking lot till they can bring it out to you.
    And assume that they also said the next mcdees burger is scheduled in 5 hours, please sit in your car and dont even ask for a refund.

10+ Year Old Account
    Causing a scene is exactly what needs to happen though. Or there will be no change. I want to give money to this man.
    Last edited by zEmini; 2017-04-10 at 08:30 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Im glad he did, and I wish the bad PR would be enough to either force UA to change or go under, but I know the sheep will continue to drink corporate kool-aid....

Quote Originally Posted by smooshtheman View Post
    Its like paying for the burger, being given your money back, a free fry AND your burger tomorrow, actually.

Such is the bargain you make when you purchase a ticket.
    You seem to have completely missed the point, this is a customer service issue which they need to get under control, trying to hide behind the small print is only going to make it worse.