Page 19 of 94 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post
    Does it matter that they were employees? If they were all going to the same destination, and it was for work, just put them in a car and drive them, it's ~5 hours.

That's a lot cheaper than $3200, or beating someone's face against a seat.
    We don't know if was work related or not. They may have been customers that happened to be United employees. The media has a way of sensationalism. We all know this.
    Couldn't the unruly passenger that was picked by the computer have done the very same thing? He is not better than anyone else. Instead he chose to be noncompliant with airport police. If only he had done as he was asked. If only...
    Last edited by Allybeboba; 2017-04-10 at 08:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post
    Because those employees were customers too. They just happened to be United employees.
    They were also on stand-by

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    What? Really? lol. This is 100% on United, they have no right to ask someone to leave the plane because they overbooked a flight. He has one hell of a lawsuit on his hands.
    This isn't a result of overbooking. This was a result of needing to move employees to another airport and needing to free up seats. It's an unforeseen situation. Unforeseen situations usually result in shitty situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiili View Post
    Murder can be justified and to a certain extent I believe genocide can be justified aswell.

Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    Keep defending profit over people.
    I'll defend the law over those who are ignorant of it.
    How to tell if somebody learned World Geography in school or from SNL:
    "GIBSON: What insight into Russian actions, particularly in the last couple of weeks, does the proximity of the state give you?
    PALIN: They're our next door neighbors and you can actually see Russia from land here in Alaska, from an island in Alaska."
    SNL: Can't be Diomede Islands, say her backyard instead.

Stood in the Fire
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    LOL an insult AND nazi comparison, good day sir or ma'am.
    He is correct tho even tho he used to nazi card, he actually used it well. Even if you arent committing a crime you are still held to certain duties that you can be held liable for. Not acting is also included in some duties. Saying I was ordered to do X is not justification in many jurisdictions.

Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post
    Couldn't the unruly passenger that was picked by the computer have done the very same thing? He is not better than anyone else. Instead he chose to be noncompliant with airport police. If only he had done as he was asked. If only...
    No, he's not, but the airline could have avoided the problem entirely, and saved money, by just sending them by car.

Now they get to deal with this shit storm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    I am ACTUALLY ASKING for them to ban me and relieve me from the misery of this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    They were also on stand-by
    That is not how standby works, and not likely the situation.
    Murder can be justified and to a certain extent I believe genocide can be justified aswell.

Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post
    Do not question it, do not suggest people rail against it, just accept it.
    You can question it all you want, you can write letters to your Congressman, you can protest. At the end of the day, nothing will change. There is a reason why all airlines do this. If it was me, I would have canceled the flight and forced everyone to rebook.

Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    What other options are there than remove people that there aren't any seats for?

While it sucks for that guy he should just have left on his own, anything that happened to him is his own fault.
    Well, for example they could have increased the offered compensation until one passenger volunteers.

Stood in the Fire
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by alexkeren View Post
    Read what is is your agreement the next time you make any hotel, airline, etc reservation.
    Disney hotels say that if they catch me smoking in the room the will charge me 500$ to clean it up. no lie. The robbery they commit is insane.

Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    If the guy would have complied then they wouldn't have to drag him off the plane. Yeah it sucks and was definitely the airline's fault but when you behave like a toddler you're going to be treated like a toddler.
    Because a lot of doctors are shitheads who think that being a doctor entitles them to being treated better than everyone else.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mindark View Post
    This isn't a result of overbooking. This was a result of needing to move employees to another airport and needing to free up seats. It's an unforeseen situation. Unforeseen situations usually result in shitty situations.
    Now if there was just some kind of machine that could track people in some kind of big, lets call it a data base, that would then be able to figure out where people were needed and when they were needed......

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    What? Really? lol. This is 100% on United, they have no right to ask someone to leave the plane because they overbooked a flight. He has one hell of a lawsuit on his hands.
    If only the world ran on what you think, instead of laws and policy, they ABSOLUTELY have the right to boot people due to overbooking.

https://www.transportation.gov/airconsumer/fly-rights
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by Mindark View Post
    That is not how standby works, and not likely the situation.
    I agree the news site could have gotten it wrong but...

Bridges says United asked for four passengers to relinquish their seats for airline employees on stand-by

Now if there was just some kind of machine that could track people in some kind of big, lets call it a data base, that would then be able to figure out where people were needed and when they were needed......
    They do. But shit happens. That's what "unforeseen" means. You can make predictions, but that doesn't mean they're guaranteed to be accurate.

What would you do if you had to be somewhere and you were chosen to be removed from the flight?

How in the hell with computers today, do you overbook a flight? I see it happen all the time.

Another source - http://www.kcci.com/article/video-sh...flight/9254661
    IMO they should have an on the spot Survivor type reality show to vote off the four passengers who are over booked. This would provide incentive to not show up in flip flops, with your nasty toes visible, or any number of other hygiene shortcomings.

Stood in the Fire
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by smooshtheman View Post
    Disney hotels say that if they catch me smoking in the room the will charge me 500$ to clean it up. no lie. The robbery they commit is insane.
    Would it be too far if Mcdonalds charged a 50$ fee to your credit card if you spilt the ketchup dispensor? Or how about if you take to many napkins from the condiment area? What if your insurance company said they will charge you double for you car insurance if they caught you listening to music over X volume while driving? When is the corporate coercion too far?

Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    Keep defending profit over people.
    It's the American way. Who cares if corporations fuck over people? Got to make that money.

The source is a passenger. I'd take that with a heavy grain of salt.

Stood in the Fire
    7+ Year Old Account
    Do not question it, do not suggest people rail against it, just accept it.
    Round up the jews and put them on cattle cars they said....We just accepted it.