Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    Its very likely (imo) that sometime in the future the human species will diverge into multiple species; either through natural or artificial selection on other planets if and when we are ever able to terraform and colonize Mars and other planets, the integration of cybernetics into our bodies or the introduction, removal or modification of genes into the human genome.
    I think this would only happen through separation of some kind.

Quote Originally Posted by iolar View Post
    The wealthy will diverge into super intelligent, super good looking beings using genetic and cyborg technologies. The rest of us will pretty much stay the same and eventually be wiped out most likely.
    We can only hope this is what actually happens. We will never actually evolve naturally again because science and medicine is stopping the weak from being weeded out. The more we progress, the more we regress as a species

10+ Year Old Account
    I think opposite that it will not diverge, but instead most of them will look very simmiliar like 1-2 persons. i.e. all males will look like Y male and all females will look like X female.

The ones who diverge probably will be minority.

Quote Originally Posted by Direpenguin View Post
    Chances are slim, with the use of technology to conform the environment to fit our own shortcomings, instead of being forced to evolve for the species to survive.
    We are merely deflecting the process, we are not stopping it.