Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by jaimelannister View Post
    How is DF better for heavy AoE situations than Stomp?
    Because it gives more damage than Stomp? Not rocket science.

Quote Originally Posted by Jin View Post
    Yea but a lot of stuff move away from bosses, so I am curious if they '' stop'' focusing on it, say Tichon, normally i toke volley and stomp, on the top 10 of Bm's and their spec/legendaries, I see them all using DF, does that mean they just ignore the adds, and just are basically ranged melee?
    With the charge baked in to Kill Command, and the new Charge effect added to DF, it's not hard to instantly swap your pet to your target with a good
    #showtooltip Kill Command
    /petattack
    /cast Kill Command

macro, provided the target isn't in the middle of nowhere.

While it's not worth that much, I have been parsing top ten on my server since getting the Shoulders and swapping to DF, and I can tell you that I always swap to the priority adds on all fights- there's no need to tunnel, and with only a few exceptions, my pet can instantly get in range of a new target with a single KC cast.

My understanding is that, with the attack speed buff able to be maintained at multiple stacks with the shoulders, and the addition of Thunderslash, DF is strong enough for AoE now to beat out Stomp.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    Because it gives more damage than Stomp? Not rocket science.
    That's helpful, thanks for the fantastic insight!

On a serious note, perhaps someone can explain how DF outpaces Stomp in heavy AoE? I'm guessing the attack speed buff interacts favorably with Beast Cleave?

Quote Originally Posted by jaimelannister View Post
    That's helpful, thanks for the fantastic insight!

On a serious note, perhaps someone can explain how DF outpaces Stomp in heavy AoE? I'm guessing the attack speed buff interacts favorably with Beast Cleave?
    To be fair, it doesn't really need to be explained. It's going to be simple, Stomp does X dps, Dire Frenzy does Y dps. DF increases pet attack speed, which of course leads to more Beast Cleave alongside the single target DPS gains.

Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    With the charge baked in to Kill Command, and the new Charge effect added to DF, it's not hard to instantly swap your pet to your target with a good
    #showtooltip Kill Command
    /petattack
    /cast Kill Command

macro, provided the target isn't in the middle of nowhere.

While it's not worth that much, I have been parsing top ten on my server since getting the Shoulders and swapping to DF, and I can tell you that I always swap to the priority adds on all fights- there's no need to tunnel, and with only a few exceptions, my pet can instantly get in range of a new target with a single KC cast.

My understanding is that, with the attack speed buff able to be maintained at multiple stacks with the shoulders, and the addition of Thunderslash, DF is strong enough for AoE now to beat out Stomp.
    Thanks for the response, but now with the gigantic nerf, wonder if it is crap again lol.