Page 35 of 94 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mindark View Post
    There are strict timelines for planes to leave the gates. Boarding a plane takes quite a bit of time. Usually, it isn't a problem to find volunteers to sit back, and you can't delay the boarding of a flight for 30 minutes every time in the off chance nobody volunteers to sit. This incident is not typical, and these procedures are followed without much incident regularly. Shit happens. This is one such case.
    It wouldn't have to delay anything at all. I'm not sure how early you are required to get to the airport where you live...but here, for domestic flights, you are required to check in at least 1 hour before the scheduled departure time. Plenty of time to sort out these issues before boarding.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Bad month for public relations people. First the Pepsi commercial, now this.

Fuck, I would hate to be a rep anywhere right about now.

Quote Originally Posted by scarfdeath View Post
    as a lawyer i can say i would love to be this "manchild"

he just won a easy 500.000 dollars in court.

the airline just fucked but this case.
    Why. It was in the ticket contract he might be bumped. He refused to deboard so they were forced to remove him. Airport security will be found not at fault and he wont get shit

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Bad month for public relations people. First the Pepsi commercial, now this.

Fuck, I would hate to be a rep anywhere right about now.
    Don't forget Delta. Right now Pepsi is breathing a huge sigh of relief I bet : P

Quote Originally Posted by Sicari View Post
    It wouldn't have to delay anything at all. I'm not sure how early you are required to get to the airport where you live...but here, for domestic flights, you are required to check in at least 1 hour before the scheduled departure time. Plenty of time to sort out these issues before boarding.
    In an ideal situation, I agree. Do you know how much notice the airline had to get the four employees on board? I don't. I would assume it was relatively short notice, given the events.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiili View Post
    Murder can be justified and to a certain extent I believe genocide can be justified aswell.

Pepsi: we're having the PR shitshow of 2017, maybe even recent years
    United: lol, hold on a second

10+ Year Old Account
    In an ideal situation, I agree. Do you know how much notice the airline had to get the four employees on board? I don't. I would assume it was relatively short notice, given the events.
    A failure to plan on their part does not constitute an emergency on his part.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    Pepsi: we're having the PR shitshow of 2017, maybe even recent years
    United: lol, hold on a second
    United is lucky, they atleast get a large internet defence force.

He'll get plenty of free shit. Even if the law legally can't touch the airline, this PR shit storm is beyond catastrophic. The video (which no one disputes) plainly shows a sympathetic figure (a doctor) getting rough-housed and essentially humiliated in front of everyone. People already hate when airlines bump people, but then the airline's violent response and subsequent defense on social media made it even worse. The reputation of both the airline and the security has been tarnished, and neither look professional. The story is trending worldwide. This is literally a nightmare scenario for the airline, and worse than any lawsuit.

the doctor should sue the shit out of United, hopefully he sees much $ as a settlement. United should also pay a 100M fine every time this occurs so they wont be such fuck ups in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    Don't forget Delta. Right now Pepsi is breathing a huge sigh of relief I bet : P
    LOL yea, goddamn dumpster fires everywhere out there.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post
    Just because the person is a doctor doesn't give him special privileges.

With the said it sucks what the airline industry does to it's customers each and every day.
    Tell that to his patient who is scheduled for an operation the day after. Some people have urgent matters to attend to and it is not acceptable for airlines to do this with people's tickets and their time. Statistics be damned, this whole thing is unethical and unsafe to practice. There will always be people who dont show up at airports, they have still paid for that seat. So long story short this is just the airline's greedy way to net more dollars per flight.

Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    If the guy would have complied then they wouldn't have to drag him off the plane. Yeah it sucks and was definitely the airline's fault but when you behave like a toddler you're going to be treated like a toddler.
    Behave like a toddler? What? He payed for his ticket and his seat. He said he had patients to see. One of those could of died with out him. His work is more important than a airline needing to move employees. Now United is going to have to pay out 100k+ for this. You can't just knock someone out and force them off of a plane for no reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    A failure to plan on their part does not constitute an emergency on his part.
    Failure to plan? They followed protocol. That literally is a plan.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by banestalker View Post
    Some people have urgent matters to attend to
    Like an airline getting crew to another airport? Too many people here are appealing to emotion.
    Murder can be justified and to a certain extent I believe genocide can be justified aswell.

There are strict timelines for planes to leave the gates. Boarding a plane takes quite a bit of time. Usually, it isn't a problem to find volunteers to sit back, and you can't delay the boarding of a flight for 30 minutes every time in the off chance nobody volunteers to sit. This incident is not typical, and these procedures are followed without much incident regularly. Shit happens. This is one such case.
    They ended up delaying for 2+ hours for this. So fuck off.

Like an airline getting crew to another airport? Too many people here are appealing to emotion.
    Yeah, if he wasn't removed so forcefully no one would care because there would be no story. The real story is how rough they were while removing someone who refused to be removed, but what else could they do?

Quote Originally Posted by Khuros View Post
    That was because of an uncooperative passenger, not the airline's fault.

Quote Originally Posted by Khuros View Post
    Also the guy re boarded the plane and flew.

In defense of Pepsi, their whole marketing strategy is based on apology.

"Sorry, we serve Pepsi not Coke. Is that ok?"
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by alexkeren View Post
    The robbery would be smoking somewhere where it's not permitted. It's not cheap to get rid of the smell and the residue it leaves behind.

- - - Updated - - -

The fact that your contract (the ticket) says they may have to rebook you for various reasons. When they tell you they can't accommodate you and ask you to leave and you refuse you are then violating the Criminal Law of Tresspass, hence why the police dragged him out within the scope of their duties because he was under arrest.
    The police didn't do shit. That was security. They have no power over that shit. He wasn't violating anything. He didn't volunteer so they volunteered him by smashing his face and dragging him off. You can't do that. He will win an easy 500k+

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    Also the guy re boarded the plane and flew.
    He re boarded. they cleared the plane and got him off again. So a 2+ hour wait.

- - - Updated - - -

That was because of an uncooperative passenger, not the airline's fault.
    This isn't Communist China. He didn't do anything wrong. He being on that flight could of been life or death for a patient. He payed for his seat. United should of reserved those seats way in advance.