Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ping-pong View Post
    Are you hearing yourself? They should only be making changes that were asked for? Who has the authority to tell them what to do? They are developers, they have ideas for the future of the game. They invent and implement stuff. Some of them will generally feel great, some will feel bad. Some you will personally like, some you won't. If something is widely accepted as bad, it will get worked on until fixed. Sometimes not right away, because the team is constantly working on something. It's all normal.
    no they should only change thing that really need a change and leave thing that work fine alone and also they should implement completely new things no change the existing stuff and tell us it's completely new.
    A positive example, inventing the phasing system and refining it was a great addiction to the game and something we all need to prise them, an example of a new tech created and implemented in way that rise the quality of the game.
    A negative example, messing the stat system at the end of wrath was something uncalled for who was still hunting us even nowadays through blizzard try to fix it many time.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

People actually gave solutions. People do give positive feedback and constructive negative feedback. But you know what? Blizzard ignores every bit of it. Whether feedback is positive, negative, constructive or whatever: It gets ignored. Look at the beta for Legion and even back before WoD. A lot of people pointed out flaws with the game and told them how and why things weren't good/fun. Ignored. So instead of ranting and offering solutions and giving feedback, it's just ranting now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Obvious Jayloc alt thread is obvious. I won't stop complaining because you can't make me you white knight
    Wrath baby and proud of it

Quote Originally Posted by cocacolawheresthesoda View Post
    tl;dr: Complain, because otherwise, Blizz doesn't know, but offer a solution, don't just rant for the sake of ranting.
    There is no point in offering a solution, because Blizzard is stubborn in refusing to implement the most logical solutions. Look at the invasions that are the current hot topic - instead of making them more accessible to more people they made one aspect of the game no longer rely on them. Yay?

That's just an easily available example though, we see it all the time on the ptr forums. People create eloquent, numerically sound arguments and well thought out solutions, and Bliz either ignores them or implements something pants-on-head retarded in an effort to cure symptoms that shouldn't even exist.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Now is the perfect time to give them shit. Seeing how both US and EU are down as both got the Command center recently which just had hot fixes pushed, wouldn't be surprised if that is whats causing some of these problems or...

Perhaps one of the Bot accounts unlocked flying flew up so high they flew out of the server right into the backdoor programmer hall and went thru the door with the bright light and is now in room full of TVs messing with our reality as it talks with Lore who siting in a chair with white hair wearing nothing but a Blizz fanboi shirt while he chokes a hamster.

Quote Originally Posted by Lobosan View Post
    World quests are not "new content". They're zone-wide dailies. And a disturbing number of them are literal repeats of main storyline quests.
    They are a new kind of quest. And by doing quests you unlock some of them, which is a nice touch to make you want to do more quests (by the general unlocking of WQ you already get enough of them, this gives even more).

I think you are one of the people who sees 'new' as something huge, something completely fantastic surprising wonderful.
    Very few new ideas are so grand. Most newness and creative steps are small, often build on previous ideas, or are put in a new context. You are of course free to have these large expectations, but then you may often be disappointed.

Blizzard has repeatedly said they don't want to be given solutions, they just want to be told what's wrong and then they'll figure it out. Too bad they don't do their part of that, but that's on them.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by Leonora View Post
    Generally this game is pretty popular, else less people would play it.
    I should have said (because that is what I intended) that Blizzard listen well, but then takes their own turn - as is their freedom. They explained as the basis for LFR that they wanted to provide some players a chance to see raid content without the hardships and rewards that comes with real raiding. So they did, and they succeeded.

What I actually find the least appealing change in WoW over time is that they made a lot of content easier which removed the social aspect you describe. In Vanilla and BC the harder instances forced you to cooperate; in Wrath, 5 men became doable without cc and that removed the need to cooperate. Raiding also forces cooperation and thus social activity.

Nowadays I can solo almost anything, and 5 men are so easy you dont need to talk. Good that m+ and raids still exist or I would change the game from MMO to MSO, the S for solo.
    The world feels bigger when there's unbeaten content out there. I feel like Blizzard forgot that. Now everyone see the whole content pretty quickly with the easy modes.

Okay.

What's your solution then? See the problem?
    We're not developers, it's not up to us to have solutions. We're consumers, and we point out problems when we see them.

Just as if you were customer at a restaurant, if there's a problem with the service then you point it out. It's not on to the dissatisfied customer to come up with brilliant and innovative ideas on how the restaurant should be run or what recipes they should use. All a customer wants is to be satisfied over the goods and services. How that happens is all in the hands of the provider.
    Last edited by Thimagryn; 2017-04-10 at 11:24 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.

They are a new kind of quest. And by doing quests you unlock some of them, which is a nice touch to make you want to do more quests (by the general unlocking of WQ you already get enough of them, this gives even more).

I think you are one of the people who sees 'new' as something huge, something completely fantastic surprising wonderful.
    Very few new ideas are so grand. Most newness and creative steps are small, often build on previous ideas, or are put in a new context. You are of course free to have these large expectations, but then you may often be disappointed.
    The quests are not new any more than a coca cola from a new type of vending machine is a new beverage. The person you are replying to doesn't have overly large expectations - just the ability to look at something and reasonably conclude that content is not "new" when it is the same old shit accessed slightly differently.

WQs are just daily quests dished out by a slightly more elaborate system that allows the resuse of levelling quests. Nothing about the quests is new.

"Leave Britney Alone!" didn't work out, so we're trying this now?

Hey, look. A good bunch of the endless complaining is utter bullshit, but you're not going to stop people with the kind of mental malfunction that keeps some of them posting for years after they quit simply by telling them to stop.

My theory is that people are vocal and obnoxious and whiny online because if they talked the way they do IRL to anyone they'd get smacked around. Or maybe they did as a child. Idk. Just a lot of wah wah about anything that changes or comes out
    Prot Warrior 2004-2008. Hunter 2008-2018.
    Retired boomer.

10+ Year Old Account
    World quests are not "new content". They're zone-wide dailies. And a disturbing number of them are literal repeats of main storyline quests.
    Speaking personally, I'd rather have a wide variety of daily quests even if they are repeated main story quests than the same 15 day after day after day doled out in increments of 5 and repeated ad nauseum. Mists pretty much cured me of that sort of thing forever.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by hyphnos View Post
    The quests are not new any more than a coca cola from a new type of vending machine is a new beverage. The person you are replying to doesn't have overly large expectations - just the ability to look at something and reasonably conclude that content is not "new" when it is the same old shit accessed slightly differently.

WQs are just daily quests dished out by a slightly more elaborate system that allows the resuse of levelling quests. Nothing about the quests is new.
    We never (in no previous xpac) had world quests before, with emissary chests as rewards, with rewards that upgraded as you upgraded your gear, giving an extra goal at max level beyond what you did before.

The way you reason, very little would meet your 'new' criteria. I call that high expectations that easily lead to disappointment. Ymmv of course.

- - - Updated - - -

I think you're one of those people who thinks "new" is "the same movie I saw last week, only now it's in black and white so it's TOTALLY DIFFERENT!"
    A movie that was in color and now black and white? That would be a setback, not something to watch. You have a remarkable ability to compare what worldquests brought extra this xpac, to what such a movie would lack.

If you cant enjoy the little things, can you still enjoy wow? Though the wq system was actually not so little a thing as extra option.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Koward View Post
    The world feels bigger when there's unbeaten content out there. I feel like Blizzard forgot that. Now everyone see the whole content pretty quickly with the easy modes.
    If they only offered new content everywhere, you would still burn out on it. They did so with Cataclysm and it felt both more coherent and I still miss the old world content.

Wow is a pretty complex game, and I think one of its biggest strength was the variety to be done when you logged in - do something alone, in groups, hard, simple, pvp, pets, quests, explore etc. When you have played this game for a long time it is very hard for Blizzard to upgrade everything to such a level that everything feels equally new for a long time. It would be almost a new game, and you would compare it to the old WoW that was built up in 10 years time. There is almost no way to accomplish that.

We never (in no previous xpac) had world quests before, with emissary chests as rewards, with rewards that upgraded as you upgraded your gear, giving an extra goal at max level beyond what you did before.

The way you reason, very little would meet your 'new' criteria. I call that high expectations that easily lead to disappointment. Ymmv of course.

- - - Updated - - -

A movie that was in color and now black and white? That would be a setback, not something to watch. You have a remarkable ability to compare what worldquests brought extra this xpac, to what such a movie would lack.

If you cant enjoy the little things, can you still enjoy wow? Though the wq system was actually not so little a thing as extra option.

- - - Updated - - -

If they only offered new content everywhere, you would still burn out on it. They did so with Cataclysm and it felt both more coherent and I still miss the old world content.

Wow is a pretty complex game, and I think one of its biggest strength was the variety to be done when you logged in - do something alone, in groups, hard, simple, pvp, pets, quests, explore etc. When you have played this game for a long time it is very hard for Blizzard to upgrade everything to such a level that everything feels equally new for a long time. It would be almost a new game, and you would compare it to the old WoW that was built up in 10 years time. There is almost no way to accomplish that.
    In replying to me, you are talking about a new reward system, not new quests. This is like running around and touting justice points and valor points as "new content" when they were introduced because they replaced a different type of badge that we "never had before".

Getting an extra bag of goodies as a reward for super exalted or for doing a fixed number of quests is most decidedly NOT NEW. (we had similar things past exalted with Argent, Molten Front etc the measure was just a currency in place of faction which is serving as the currency in this instance). The fact the rewards upgrade is new, but that has not a damned thing to do with the content being new. They could by your criteria, slap a new reward on every quest or dungeon or trash mob in the game and you'd call it "new content".

Escalating rewards are a good thing and the thing that is new, the content that is used to access them is the same and what credit they should get should be reserved for thinking up the brilliant notion of escalating rewards and putting new rewards on older content. Something I have thought they should do for a very long time and that pretty much anybody with half a brain could have thought of.
    Last edited by hyphnos; 2017-04-14 at 04:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hyphnos View Post
    In replying to me, you are talking about a new reward system, not new quests. This is like running around and touting justice points and valor points as "new content" when they were introduced because they replaced a different type of badge that we "never had before".

Getting an extra bag of goodies as a reward for super exalted or for doing a fixed number of quests is most decidedly NOT NEW. (we had similar things past exalted with Argent, Molten Front etc the measure was just a currency in place of faction which is serving as the currency in this instance). The fact the rewards upgrade is new, but that has not a damned thing to do with the content being new. They could by your criteria, slap a new reward on every quest or dungeon or trash mob in the game and you'd call it "new content".

Escalating rewards are a good thing and the thing that is new, the content that is used to access them is the same and what credit they should get should be reserved for thinking up the brilliant notion of escalating rewards and putting new rewards on older content. Something I have thought they should do for a very long time and that pretty much anybody with half a brain could have thought of.
    Nothing you see is new, and when you feel its new, its something you already had thought up. There is no convincing you of anything.
    /Agree to disagree
    /Bye

Quote Originally Posted by Karon View Post
    They still haven't fixed the fucking blink bug that's existed since classic. They deserve all the shit they receive.
    lol ... so true.

Deleted
    The game sucks because the gap between people that played more and those that played less is now almost non-existent. "Fairness" they call it.

And they are using psychological tricks and abusing our weaknesses by all this timegating. Give a cracker to a full man and he will say no, give a cracker to a starving man and he will say its the best cracker in the world. So most will just yearn for that new quest after each weekly reset.

3/10.

7+ Year Old Account
    tl;dr: Complain, because otherwise, Blizz doesn't know, but offer a solution, don't just rant for the sake of ranting.
    Sadly, many people cannot distinguish between lodging a legitimate complaint one time from constant and incessant whining. Some folks just like to complain about everything and nothing.

INB4 complaining about complainers.
    Last edited by -Joker-; 2017-04-15 at 04:25 PM.

What what what ? I think you misunderstood me. I mean unbeaten content. There was no such thing in Cataclysm (actually that was THE worst expansion about this specific problem IMO), I actually saw everything (I'm not including a difficulty setting as content) the game had to offer back then and I'm certainly no hardcore. So there was no "unseen" left to discover that I could forever try to reach. I think that results in boredom for a lot of players.

To me the solution is so simple it sounds stupid (but I actually think it would work) : a part of the content should be insanely hard so that a huge part of the population would NEVER see it. They would just keep dreaming about it and play to get better and see new places. I know it sounds weird like that, but really I think that would have its effect.