Page 36 of 94 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Khuros View Post
    The police didn't do shit. That was security. They have no power over that shit. He wasn't violating anything. He didn't volunteer so they volunteered him by smashing his face and dragging him off. You can't do that. He will win an easy 500k+

- - - Updated - - -

He re boarded. they cleared the plane and got him off again. So a 2+ hour wait.
    Well what I meant is he did wind up taking that same flight after all that nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    Well what I meant is he did wind up taking that same flight after all that nonsense.
    Ah, Sorry. That manager is going to be fired. I bet the security is also going to be fired. Huge lawsuit inc.

The police didn't do shit. That was security. They have no power over that shit. He wasn't violating anything. He didn't volunteer so they volunteered him by smashing his face and dragging him off. You can't do that. He will win an easy 500k+

- - - Updated - - -

He re boarded. they cleared the plane and got him off again. So a 2+ hour wait.

- - - Updated - - -

This isn't Communist China. He didn't do anything wrong. He being on that flight could of been life or death for a patient. He payed for his seat. United should of reserved those seats way in advance.
    He wasn't violating anything? Passengers on all U.S. flights are required to obey the orders of crew members, including flight attendants. Refusing is a federal crime. Their first steps weren't to smash his face and drag him off. That was after he refused and security was involved. His face was then smashed (very unnecessary) and he was dragged off after he refused again.

The wait was because of his actions and consequences of them, not because the airline takes that long to free up four seats.

- - - Updated - - -

This isn't Communist China. He didn't do anything wrong. He being on that flight could of been life or death for a patient. He payed for his seat. United should of reserved those seats way in advance.
    He did do something wrong. He disobeyed a crew member. Until we know all the details, I think it's safe to say that United didn't know they needed those seats in advance, and that this was a last minute emergency.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiili View Post
    Murder can be justified and to a certain extent I believe genocide can be justified aswell.

Quote Originally Posted by Mindark View Post
    He wasn't violating anything? Passengers on all U.S. flights are required to obey the orders of crew members, including flight attendants. Refusing is a federal crime. Their first steps weren't to smash his face and drag him off. That was after he refused and security was involved. His face was then smashed (very unnecessary) and he was dragged off after he refused again.

The wait was because of his actions and consequences of them, not because the airline takes that long to free up four seats.

- - - Updated - - -

He did do something wrong. He disobeyed a crew member. Until we know all the details, I think it's safe to say that United didn't know they needed those seats in advance, and that this was a last minute emergency.
    Well no, The manager who gave the order isn't a crew member of the flight or plane. The flight attendants/pilots had nothing to do with it and according to eye witnesses were very mad at the manager.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post
    Doctors have back up physicians.
    What if he was the backup physician? Or the backup-backup physician? lol

As an aside, was it really worth getting one more employee's ass in a seat to cause this colossal snafu? Seems like paying someone a little overtime might have been cheaper...
    Last edited by yoma; 2017-04-11 at 01:57 AM.
    "It is not wise to judge others based on your own preconceptions or by their appearances."

Well no, The manager who gave the order isn't a crew member of the flight or plane. The flight attendants/pilots had nothing to do with it and according to eye witnesses were very mad at the manager.
    Oh, if this is the case and the manager is technically not part of the crew, then I'm mistaken.
    Murder can be justified and to a certain extent I believe genocide can be justified aswell.

Quote Originally Posted by Sicari View Post

That is only in relation to whom and how they removed the passenger.

Which still isn't United that removed the passenger, nor negates they legally were able to have that person removed.
    How to tell if somebody learned World Geography in school or from SNL:
    "GIBSON: What insight into Russian actions, particularly in the last couple of weeks, does the proximity of the state give you?
    PALIN: They're our next door neighbors and you can actually see Russia from land here in Alaska, from an island in Alaska."
    SNL: Can't be Diomede Islands, say her backyard instead.

Quote Originally Posted by yoma View Post

As an aside, was it really worth getting one more employee's ass in a seat to cause this colossal snafu? Seems like paying someone a little overtime might have been cheaper...
    My assumption is this was the minimum amount of crew needed for another flight to be able to take off and was limited by actual bodies rather than money.

Quote Originally Posted by Torgent View Post
    You know what does give him special privileges? Being a paying customer and him being removed for United to seat their staff. Even United (in a previous statement) said that they are not allowed to force you to leave your seat once you board unless there is an incident. They initiated the incident by telling him he had to leave and calling security when he refused.

- - - Updated - - -

Rebooking occurs before boarding. Once a passenger is boarded and seated, they should never be removed from that seat. Proper procedure is to stop boarding when overbooked, they failed to do so and are now going to be paying a large sum of money to fix this mistake.

Actually they won't be, again it's in the contract (the ticket) they have the right to do so.

It's not United's fault they had to go with the lottery system that is in the contract.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by yoma View Post

There are strict guidelines on how long an employee (flight attendants and pilots) can work, so no, overtime isn't really an option in the airline industry.
    "GIBSON: What insight into Russian actions, particularly in the last couple of weeks, does the proximity of the state give you?
    PALIN: They're our next door neighbors and you can actually see Russia from land here in Alaska, from an island in Alaska."

Quote Originally Posted by alexkeren View Post
    Actually they won't be, again it's in the contract (the ticket) they have the right to do so.

It's not United's fault they had to go with the lottery system that is in the contract.

- - - Updated - - -

There are strict guidelines on how long an employee (flight attendants and pilots) can work, so no, overtime isn't really an option in the airline industry.
    Which is why I just don't understand why they didn't offer more money to deplane. Just sitting there has to be a few thousand per hour. And an entire missed flight? Ouch.

Technically it applies to any employee who works at the airport also, because that same gate manager can pull somebody aside for additional security screening and if you refuse it's the same as disobeying a crew member on board the aircraft.

Edit: You do realize airports are under federal jurisdiction, right?
    - - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ayla View Post
    Which is why I just don't understand why they didn't offer more money to deplane. Just sitting there has to be a few thousand per hour. And an entire missed flight? Ouch.

They made multiple offers, and even indicated if nobody volunteered they would have to go with the lottery system.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    Would you tell that to Rosa Parks? Was she acting like a toddler for simply not complying?

- - - Updated - - -

Nah, it just shows how it can backfire if very poorly implemented.

Usurping a civil rights protest like you are doing recently caused some backlash ...

Quote Originally Posted by alexkeren View Post
    Technically it applies to any employee who works at the airport also, because that same gate manager can pull somebody aside for additional security screening and if you refuse it's the same as disobeying a crew member on board the aircraft.

Edit: You do realize airports are under federal jurisdiction, right?
    - - - Updated - - -

They made multiple offers, and even indicated if nobody volunteered they would have to go with the lottery system.
    Afaik they stopped at $800. Which isn't really enough for me either.

The doctor is in for a really nice settlement. Specially in this day and age. This isn't leggings being worn by people flying for free. This is paying customers getting "kicked" off a plane so employees can fly. This won't go well for United.
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    To a narrow minded individual, sure.
    To an objective minded person. Unless you are suggesting no one ever claims to be something they are not for personal gain?
    READ and be less Ignorant.

If someone told me I had to disembark my flight before take off and I had to wait until the next day for another flight I'd at the very least demand to have my overnight stay paid for by the airline.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiffums View Post
    The doctor is in for a really nice settlement. Specially in this day and age. This isn't leggings being worn by people flying for free. This is paying customers getting "kicked" off a plane so employees can fly. This won't go well for United.

Glad you have such a great handle on how contract law works.

Now he has a good chance at going after CTA because of how their officer used unnecessary force to remove him for trespassing, but no case against United.

Not to say United won't toss him a bunch of miles for some free first class flights, but if they do he'll have to agree to an NDA.

Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    To an objective minded person. Unless you are suggesting no one ever claims to be something they are not for personal gain?
    Of course they do! I only believe people on the internet when they tell me they are doctors, lawyers or scientists especially when the argument/debate revolves around one of those specific professions..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mindark View Post
    Freeing up seats and compensating said passengers IS the well thought out response plan.
    No, paying people enough that you dont have to force them off is a good response plan.

Quote Originally Posted by Donald Hellscream View Post
    If someone told me I had to disembark my flight before take off and I had to wait until the next day for another flight I'd at the very least demand to have my overnight stay paid for by the airline.

They were offering $800, accommodation would have been provided and no additional charges for changing flights. Overall it would have amounted to $1,100 or so.

After he said he is a doctor and didn't want to leave, no other passenger volunteered to leave in his place...