Thread: Smelly People

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Smelly People

How do you deal with a smelly co-worker, friend or stranger ?

Do you get straight to the point and tell them to wear some Deodorant , brush their teeth or change their socks or worse.

I know it is coming into Summer in the Northern Hemisphere shortly, and their has been a wave of immigration into Europe & Canada etc.

In some countries , Deodorant's are uncommon and garlic is widely consumed.

How do you approach a person from another country that has immigrated to yours from the 3rd world who is a bit smelly without being called a racist ?

Do you fear taking your shoes off at a Japanese restaurant because the smell from your shoes or another persons can be overpowering?

Do you have any Smelly stories?

Never really had that problem. Though I guess you could count the time went the showers stopped working in the company gym and I felt I had to lock myself in my office all day. But thats as far as it goes around here.

I really doubt immigrants in general smell worse than anyone else. People with economic difficulties might care less about personal hygiene, for obvious reasons. The solution to that problem is not telling them to wear some deodorant though. Getting by will still be that persons number one care, no matter what you think.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Well, that went quickly from "C-workers" to specific immigrants that eat a lot of garlic and don't wash. Yeah, the French are pigs.....
    I was once told that the British, bath or shower once a week.

Do not know if that is true though.

10+ Year Old Account
    When I first got into bodybuilding and working out, there was this exchange student from Israel who wouldn't wear deodorant. He'd ask me to spot him frequently on bench and I probably got more red faced than he did holding my breath.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

Everyone is smelly though, all living creatures stink horribly. The thing is most people can't notice this because they got used to it.

So, ironically, getting use to it and letting your own senses retard is the only answer. Life sucks.

Deleted
    I smell the shit out of them, some tell me "you stink" and I say "good for me, bad for you". People who hate smelly people should better avoid me.

Sing this song to them. That'll teach him, mate.

Last edited by Rudkobing; 2017-04-11 at 08:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aussiedude View Post
    How do you deal with a smelly co-worker, friend or stranger ?

Do you get straight to the point and tell them to wear some Deodorant , brush their teeth or change their socks or worse.

I know it is coming into Summer in the Northern Hemisphere shortly, and their has been a wave of immigration into Europe & Canada etc.

In some countries , Deodorant's are uncommon and garlic is widely consumed.

How do you approach a person from another country that has immigrated to yours from the 3rd world who is a bit smelly without being called a racist ?

Do you fear taking your shoes off at a Japanese restaurant because the smell from your shoes or another persons can be overpowering?

Do you have any Smelly stories?

i luckily dont have htis problem but if i encountered something liek this i would ismply send him to take quick shower (our company public toilets have 1 shower on each floor i guess for cases like this )

The bus is where I encounter smelly people for the most part. Some of them don't have access to a shower I guess.

If you're out working in the hot sun you're going to smell eventually. It's mostly the women in my life who tell me that I need to shower, put on deodorant etc.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account

Was the one who told you that taking his standards from family guy? I shower once a day and brush my teeth twice.
    #boycottchina

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Hehe..I was told all (middle) easterners wipe their ass with one hand. Now that is a disgusting thought.

But as a rule of thumb: Not everybody in a nation does the same and we call the belief "prejudice". I work with 3 girls in my office and for some strange reasons I know more of them than I care to. One is compulsive. Showers zwice a day, washes hair every day, washes hands constantly. The other shower every other day, wash the hair ever 3-7 days (all with long hair). None of them smell, actually the one who washes constantly has a skin problem), none of them have disgusting hair or so.

In fact, the smelly ones are the co-workers who smoke and have bad teeth. I believe changing your clothes daily also helps. And then there are some people who just sweat more. I even found that some people I don't mind the personal body odour, while others is repulsive. I suppose it is one of the thing how people can even fall in love and exchange fluids :P
    Sadly, I fall into the sweat category. I usually have a clean t shirt in my work pack to swap into. During summer when I do a different job, I have 3-4 shirts from all the running around. I don't smell but I get really paranoid about it, I also get paranoid after going for a pee, during work I'm one of those guys who shakes and wipes in the stall instead of a cubicle, but I swear blind I can smell piss after leaving the bathroom,

Deleted
    Never really had issues with people I regularly meet, if I did I would simply tell them.
    Strangers on the train or bus however can smell rancid. I endure it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    Sadly, I fall into the sweat category. I usually have a clean t shirt in my work pack to swap into. During summer when I do a different job, I have 3-4 shirts from all the running around. I don't smell but I get really paranoid about it, I also get paranoid after going for a pee, during work I'm one of those guys who shakes and wipes in the stall instead of a cubicle, but I swear blind I can smell piss after leaving the bathroom,
    I tend to sweat a lot in Summer, but only under my armpits. I also get really self-conscious about it and always pack a spare cotton polo shirt. I never smell though, but it's hard to be relaxed when the Everglades are forming under your arms.

Luckily I don't really sweat on my forehead, hands, lower back or leave a snail trail.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I work in the Logistics industry. Which means a lot of smelly Freight drivers. Though I try to just avoid them.

It also doesn't help when there are certain groups of people that don't use Deodorant due to stupid traditions and such. They smell 10x worse than just sweaty dudes, its a musk that gets caught in my Office any time they walk in.

Deleted
    If Indians and "brown" people are washing themselves two or three times per day, it's not because some people think they smell, it's because they know that they smell, not so good.

Apparently, a nutrition based on fruits and veggies seems good to diminish the odors of the body.

Don't be surprised, if eating shit and bloody dead corpse, make you smell, like a cannibaal-necromancer.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paraclef View Post
    If Indians and "brown" people are washing themselves two or three times per day, it's not because some people think they smell, it's because they know that they smell, not so good.

Apparently, a nutrition based on fruits and veggies seems goodto diminish the odors of the body.

Don't be surprised, if eating shit and bloody dead corpse, make you smell, like a cannibaal-necromancer.
    I'm basically a Carnivore yet have been told that I rarely even have a smell other than whatever Deodorant I put on in the morning. Even after sweating my guts out at work.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Paraclef View Post
    What. I've been eating meat my entire life and I don't smell like a cannibal. What do they actually smell like?

The amount of drivel some people manage to produce on these boards...

Deleted
    Inform them in a manner which is not condescending, a lot of people are unaware of how they present themselves.

Deleted
    All-white office environment. No problem at all.
    The only issue I have is when I occasionally have to take a bus and there's some hobo sitting, or our "local Indians".

10+ Year Old Account

so what do you think yourself, lmao
    those damn british
    Warrior, getting my face smashed in because I love it

"The Perfect Raid Design Drawn by me .

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    The worst smell I've ever faced was a Roma bag lady. I was waiting at the line at the local fast food (and it was filled to the brim) and suddenly all of us just unconsciously shifted to the side of the store without looking. The stench was unearthly and many people actually gagged. This was before the financial crisis so homeless people were nearly exceedingly rare in Athens and the public baths were readily available for the few that existed.

Most Homeless people live, sleep and do whatever in their clothing which gets really putrid after a few days.

Some guys in Australia have tried to solve the problem , with a MOBILE Free Laundromat esp for the Homeless.
    It is working I think. It gives the Homeless some dignity back..

http://www.orangeskylaundry.com.au/