Deleted

Was the legendary catchup (for different specs) implemented?

Hey.

I play quite a few alts, and had a monk which had 3x WW legendarys (Chest, Boots, Gloves = No global legendarys). At patch launch, I changed loot spec to MW and expected legendary to pop up quite rapidly (as I recall a blue post stating that you would get the 2 first usable by your spec fast).

I have not recieved one yet, and while I didn't play it a shit ton, I still played more than I normally do for the first legendary. Do anyone know if the "catchup legendary bonus" is in the game for loot specilizations?

Deleted
    Yes it is.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Theprejudice View Post
    Yes it is.
    Do we have a official source, patch note etc? I do understand that my question is based on anecdotal evidence, but would love a official source so I can be sure

7+ Year Old Account
    I only have 1 Frost legendary and have had my loot spec on frost constantly since 7.2 hit. Been playing a decent amount too, even started running EN again to increase the lege drop chance... still nada tho

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Faylo View Post
    Do we have a official source, patch note etc? I do understand that my question is based on anecdotal evidence, but would love a official source so I can be sure
    Blizzard themselves in their QA
    http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/8...n-based-on-qa/

Yeah like when they said that mobs will never scale with your ilvl yet the put that into the game anyway. What they say in their Q&As means nothing anymore.

Where is the confirmation plz? Only thing I can see is:
    4) How does BLP 'acquisition' work under this new spec-based system? Do I 'build up' BLP for all specs as I play, or only for the one currently set as my Loot Specialization? If it builds for all of them, this has possible unintended consequences, where once I get an item in 1 spec, I know I should swap to the others and get items 'relatively fast' since the BLP is built up a fair bit (assuming it wasn't RNGesus giving you an item very very early on)

This one I'm actually not certain on the answer, but I'll look into it.

Deleted
    Well.. how much have you been playing OP

Quote Originally Posted by Mofn View Post
    I only have 1 Frost legendary and have had my loot spec on frost constantly since 7.2 hit. Been playing a decent amount too, even started running EN again to increase the lege drop chance... still nada tho
    general legendaries count too (blink chest, sephuz )

15+ Year Old Account
    Since 7.2 I swapped first to BRM and then to MW. Gotten 2 for BRM(Bracers+Trinket) and 1 for MW(boots) so far.

I had 5 legendaries for WW(Boots, Chest, Ring, Trinket, Cloak) before going into 7.2

So according to my anecdotal experience, I have either been super lucky or its implemented.

You've got to remember if you have any of the shared legendaries they also count for other specs, so if you have 8 for fire but 2 of those are sephuz/prydaz then you have 2 for frost/arcane and your chances after your first 2 are a lot lower as only the first 2 are a buffed chance.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by danieltang34 View Post
    general legendaries count too (blink chest, sephuz )
    dont have those :P

Ive got Bryndaor, Rattlegore and Ebon Martyr. really want to get another (hopefully) decent frost lege which could improve my dps nicely (mostly hoping for Necrofantasia)

dont have those :P

Ive got Bryndaor, Rattlegore and Ebon Martyr. really want to get another (hopefully) decent frost lege which could improve my dps nicely (mostly hoping for Necrofantasia)
    I got Necrofantasia a few days ago. First legendary on my DK. Hoping for the one that drops Sindy's CD down next. But just the ring? Man... I hope you get it. It is SO nice.

On topic... As to increased chance... I have terrible luck. And I've gotten 1 legendary on my DK. And 1 legendary on my DH. Necrofantasia, and Prydaz, respectively. Hoping Blizz tosses me some of that there Bad Luck protection soon...

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkedral View Post
    I got Necrofantasia a few days ago. First legendary on my DK. Hoping for the one that drops Sindy's CD down next. But just the ring? Man... I hope you get it. It is SO nice.

On topic... As to increased chance... I have terrible luck. And I've gotten 1 legendary on my DK. And 1 legendary on my DH. Necrofantasia, and Prydaz, respectively. Hoping Blizz tosses me some of that there Bad Luck protection soon...
    if you got Necrofantasia, you are better off getting Ebon Martyr, Koltira or Toravon. Consort is nice but mostly only Mythics. The extra Sindra is amazing, but i think that its not as useful (plus it takes up another possibly tier piece slot)

if you got Necrofantasia, you are better off getting Ebon Martyr, Koltira or Toravon. Consort is nice but mostly only Mythics. The extra Sindra is amazing, but i think that its not as useful (plus it takes up another possibly tier piece slot)

I definitely wouldn't say no to the Bracers. Would make my BoS absolutely insane. With Necrofantasia, and getting lucky, I can keep BoS up for around 2 mins. Only 876 iLvl right now, but I can pull a solid 650k or so. With AoE fights, like first boss in NH, I've gotten around 1.7mil DPS. Pure meter fluff, I know. But it's so nice to see <_<

Belt would be pretty nice too. More runes, more BoS. Helm would be a waste, I feel, though. Full Howling Blast relics, and maxed trait, my HB already hits like a truck.

So, here's hoping you get your Necrofantasia, and I get my Toravon or Koltira!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkedral View Post
    I definitely wouldn't say no to the Bracers. Would make my BoS absolutely insane. With Necrofantasia, and getting lucky, I can keep BoS up for around 2 mins. Only 876 iLvl right now, but I can pull a solid 650k or so. With AoE fights, like first boss in NH, I've gotten around 1.7mil DPS. Pure meter fluff, I know. But it's so nice to see <_<

Belt would be pretty nice too. More runes, more BoS. Helm would be a waste, I feel, though. Full Howling Blast relics, and maxed trait, my HB already hits like a truck.

So, here's hoping you get your Necrofantasia, and I get my Toravon or Koltira!
    Imagine your howling blast hitting like a bigger truck though

And good luck man, may the Toravon and Koltira be found in your bags soon ^^

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Yeah like when they said that mobs will never scale with your ilvl yet the put that into the game anyway. What they say in their Q&As means nothing anymore.
    I dont care what you think, im linking him sources

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Honik View Post
    Where is the confirmation plz? Only thing I can see is:
    4) How does BLP 'acquisition' work under this new spec-based system? Do I 'build up' BLP for all specs as I play, or only for the one currently set as my Loot Specialization? If it builds for all of them, this has possible unintended consequences, where once I get an item in 1 spec, I know I should swap to the others and get items 'relatively fast' since the BLP is built up a fair bit (assuming it wasn't RNGesus giving you an item very very early on)

This one I'm actually not certain on the answer, but I'll look into it.
    Go watch or re-read the QA sum on this very site?

Posted by Amadraimarcy
    1) How does the above work in regards to Non-spec-based Legendaries (like Shard of Exodaar for mages, who works for all 3 specs. Does it account for ALL specs, or just the one that it was dropped on?

If a Legendary can drop for your spec, it counts. An easy way to check this is to open the Adventure Guide ingame (Shift-J by default) and click the "Loot" tab without having a dungeon or raid selected. That'll show you which Legendaries are counted for your spec.
    This alone should tell you how it works

I dont care what you think, im linking him sources
    It's not so much about what I think and more about how Blizzard acts.

Since you have NO choice whatsoever... you're better off just getting ANY legendary because once you have one, your chances of getting an optimal one are better... sort of.

Legendaries in this expansion? A joke and a sellout. Disgusting turn of events.