Page 54 of 57 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Njorun View Post
    Being born to swedish parents. John ausonius was a 2nd gen immigrant. His parents were german and swiss.
    Problem with that argument is that almost no one would be considered a swede. Your parents might not be immigrants, but their grandparents might have been, or their grandparents etc. Which means that even if your family has lived in Sweden since the 1400s you wouldn't be considered a swede.
    Last edited by zephid; 2017-04-11 at 02:22 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zephid View Post
    Problem with that argument is that almost no one would be considered a swede, since their family tree probably started with immigrants.
    Nope.

10chars

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope.

10chars
    Ehm, yes.

Your parents might not be immigrants, but their grandparents might have been, or their grandparents etc. Which means that even if your family has lived in Sweden since the 1400s you wouldn't be considered a swede.

Deleted
    Ehm, yes.

Your parents might not be immigrants, but their grandparents might have been, or their grandparents etc. Which means that even if your family has lived in Sweden since the 1400s you wouldn't be considered a swede.
    I already went over this earlierin the thread.

Deleted
    Ehm, yes.

So? You're not going to be a swede by ethnicity, but by nationality.

10+ Year Old Account
    I already went over this earlierin the thread.
    Yeah, I'm not gonna sift through 56 pages of dribble just to find your flawed response to that problem.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    I already reported it since it's clearly against the rules, made a new report since the mods didn't do anything about it.

- - - Updated - - -
    Still not infracted, the post is 4 days old. We can only assume that this is the type of behavior that moderation condones on these boards.
    Meanwhile we have those responsible for taking action against this debating whether Ebonics are a dialect or not.

Priorities man.

Deleted
    Yeah, I'm not gonna sift through 56 pages of dribble just to find your flawed response to that problem.
    I'm not going to repeat myself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Safol View Post
    So? You're not going to be a swede by ethnicity, but by nationality.
    To me, being a swede is all about nationality. I couldn't care less about ethnicity. Njorun on the other hand seem to have a very strange definition of "swede".

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not going to repeat myself.
    As I thought, you don't have an answer. Well I think I'm done there.

Quote Originally Posted by b2121945 View Post
    That's not even the point, which you would see if you stopped snipping my posts, which you obviously do for some reaaaally unknown reason.
    Mods here would ban you for "insensitive photo" if it was that dead girl, but that dead boy who died "due to evil Europeans who don't want to take in more" was absolutely fine and was posted several times.
    Consent to have your dead child plastered on media is a big deal, out of respect for the family. And the dead boy on the beach didn't contain any gore so there's another possible (I don't know the details about the 11-year old's death) reason why it was more acceptable (in addition to the consent).
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

7+ Year Old Account
    To me, being a swede is all about nationality. I couldn't care less about ethnicity. Njorun on the other hand seem to have a very strange definition of "swede".

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah I have to admit I find it odd, myself. To at least me, if someone is born in Sweden and their parents were, I would consider them swedish, even if the grandparents came from Japan, middle east, afrika and italy.

Deleted

- - - Updated - - -

You refusingto read it doesn't mean i don't have an answer. Go back and read.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sigxy the Lemming View Post
    Yeah I have to admit I find it odd, myself. To at least me, if someone is born in Sweden and their parents were, I would consider them swedish, even if the grandparents came from Japan, middle east, afrika and italy.
    So if kim jong moved here and his kids here with his wife and then those kids had kids with a korean they're swedes to you? That's just laughable.

They say she's not japanese but we're supposed to call nonswedes, swedes? Laughable.
    Last edited by mmoc6608731cf5; 2017-04-11 at 02:38 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    So if kim jong moved here and his kids here with his wife and then those kids had kids with a korean they're swedes to you? That's just laughable.

They say she's not japanese but we're supposed to call nonswedes, swedes? Laughable.
    Well unless you can link me to something official that declares when someone becomes swedish, I can only see it as your opinion, which I personally don't agree to. Because even if there are few 'trueblood' swedish people, majority wouldn't be.

Deleted
    Well unless you can link me to something official that declares when someone becomes swedish, I can only see it as your opinion, which I personally don't agree to. Because even if there are few 'trueblood' swedish people, majority wouldn't be.
    Ethnic swedes can trace their family history way back here in sweden fyi. I have friends who have traced it back to the 12rh century.

7+ Year Old Account
    Ethnic swedes can trace their family history way back here in sweden.
    Yeah, like I said - there may be a few. But I certainly can't see majority being true swedish.

Deleted
    Yeah, like I said - there may be a few. But I certainly can't see majority being true swedish.
    That's your own problem.

7+ Year Old Account
    That's your own problem.
    I would rather call it my 'Opinion' - just like your point of view is unless there's some written statement about it. No proof? Opinion. Sorry if I don't agree with yours.

Deleted
    I would rather call it my 'Opinion' - just like your point of view is unless there's some written statement about it. No proof? Opinion. Sorry if I don't agree with yours.
    Mine isn't an opinion. It's what a nation is.

7+ Year Old Account
    Mine isn't an opinion. It's what a nation is.
    I'll let you believe that, then. If you do find some written proof about it, do send it my way, I'd be happy to know about it!

Deleted
    I'll let you believe that, then. If you do find some written proof about it, do send it my way, I'd be happy to know about it!
    Go check what nation and nation state are. Sweden is a nation state, swedes are a nation made by ethnic swedes.