Page 67 of 94 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    That is, at the time, an unprovable claim. It comes down to that man, his patients across the country have no bearing on the situation.
    I bet united did some background checks to make sure he wasn't a transplant surgeon, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Ouch View Post
    They did not call police, this is fake news. They were security officiers. One is currently fired (the guy dragging him). There was never any polices.
    I edited to security, and he's not fired. He's suspended pending investigation.

The problem is not overbooking, they all do this. The difference is plain costumer services. Like i said as well UA is notorious for being shit. In Canada people fucking trade UA tickets like its cancer. Air Canada, Delta, Porter, West Jet, Southwest, all way better. When Air Canada bumps you, you won the lottery.
    The only commercial airline I have flown is Southwest. I have no measuring stick to compare them to. I have flown them both before and after 9/11.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post
    I bet lots of people here never flied or flied only once.

$1350 is for refuse you to board.
    Should be more if you have already boarded.
    A little incorrect..

It's 400% of the price of a corresponding one way ticket, but not more than $1350.00 IF you suffer a delay greater than 2 hours from it.
    And it applies to all such cases, not just if you don't get boarded.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

I love this kind of topic. One were smart right and left wing united in one common idea that only an idiot would submit to shit like this. Watching people that are against one another on the same side of the forum for once. You can just tell who are the people that sit in their place and let themselves be walked all over.
    Last edited by minteK917; 2017-04-11 at 02:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kantalope View Post
    Him being suspended his probably protocol for this type of incident. More likely than not it is with pay.

Deleted
    Sure. How would you remove a childish passenger who refuses to move? You want to sit there for 3 hours and talk to him?
    Just shoot the doctor in the head to make room for a couple of stewards/esses, right.

The amount if people prepared to defend corporate actions continues to stagger.

If we can believe noises from the commissioner's office, he'd better start looking for a new job. Probably not alone.

Because his ticket was revoked when he was selected and told to leave.
    He can be denied boarding, but he had already boarded. It was too late to do that.

United fucked up and they are the only ones to blame for this.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by skitzin View Post
    Recovering? What the hell are you watching it's still dropping with it currently sitting at ~-4% and only getting a bigger drop as time goes on.

Not to mention that their current Q1 earnings are coming in at a significant drop from their 2016 Q1 earnings. Additionally, China is their largest growth sector and they aren't too happy with UA at present.

If this continues they will end up with an even worse Q1 earnings which I doubt they'll be able to make back if a large market like China stop using them.
    They were down >6% premarket. It's unlikely they'll hit that figure at closing bell. While they are on pace to lose about $600 million compared to last Friday, it could be worse going by the trends before 9am this morning.

Deleted
    I love this kind of topic. One were smart right and left wing united in one common idea that only an idiot would submit to shit likew this. Watching people that are against one another on the same side of the forum for once. You can just tell who are the people that sit in their place and let themselves be walked all over.
    And some people keep on and on defending corporations no matter how badly they behave.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love this kind of topic. One were smart right and left wing united in one common idea that only an idiot would submit to shit likew this. Watching people that are against one another on the same side of the forum for once. You can just tell who are the people that sit in their place and let themselves be walked all over.
    Good observation.. but keep in mind, this is the internet.
    At least half of the people who display an "only over my dead body" attitude will be acting as tame as a lamb in reality.

Quote Originally Posted by Dkwhyevernot View Post
    Just shoot the doctor in the head to make room for a couple of stewards/esses, right.

The amount if people prepared to defend corporate actions continues to stagger.
    Airport security, not United forcibly removed him. What part of this do you not understand? Is your skull this dense?

I bet united did some background checks to make sure he wasn't a transplant surgeon, right?
    They would have flown his patients to him?
    Last edited by Allybeboba; 2017-04-11 at 02:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    He can be denied boarding, but he had already boarded. It was too late to do that.

Every airline does this to ensure that all seats are filled. If they didn't do this, you would be paying more on your tickets to make up for the unfilled seats. I don't see this as a problem when compensation is offered, offer upped, and then they go to random selection.

Quote Originally Posted by Magicpot View Post
    That's the face of someone who stupidly comitted a felony by resisting air marshalls and also the face of a convicted felon (convicted for multiple counts of drug trafficking and one count of selling prescription drugs for sexual favors). Source:

http://www.state.ky.us/agencies/kbml...ders/22439.pdf

So reign in your sympathy for this guy

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/united-a...an-from-plane/

The Chicago Department of Aviation said in a statement that one of the officers did not follow protocol and added that he had been placed on leave pending a review for actions not condoned by the department.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    They then forcibly removed him.
    It's questionable whether or not they were within their rights to do this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    I am ACTUALLY ASKING for them to ban me and relieve me from the misery of this thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post

The law disagrees.
    It's allowed for airlines to remove passengers basically at will and at any possible given time.
    They just need to give preferable treatment to minors and ill people.

And some people keep on and on defending corporations no matter how badly they behave.
    Very few are "defending corporations".
    Many are however wondering why the hell he didn't just comply with the lawful commands of a police officer. Especially now that we know that he is a convicted felon. He should have known what was going to happen.

Every airline does this to ensure that all seats are filled. If they didn't do this, you would be paying more on your tickets to make up for the unfilled seats. I don't see this as a problem when compensation is offered, offer upped, and then they go to random selection.
    They clearly didn't offer enough compensation.

Maybe if they weren't such a shitty, greedy company they would have gotten volunteers.