Thread: Lorewise

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Les Grossman View Post
    You people sound like you've never been in a fight before lol.
    tfw people think a giant jacked guy is going to be easy to hop around.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Quote Originally Posted by Dellis0991 View Post
    Taurens, Orcs, and Worgen are naturally strong and in a fist fight all the other races would have trouble winning.

Honorable mention: Pandarians....it would be like fighting Jackie Chan....maybe.
    Pandaren are exceptionally naturally strong. I'd put them on par with tauren and orcs easy.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Dellis0991 View Post
    Taurens, Orcs, and Worgen are naturally strong and in a fist fight all the other races would have trouble winning.

Honorable mention: Pandarians....it would be like fighting Jackie Chan....maybe.
    People often mock the Pandaren for a variety of reasons, from epithets like "LOLbrew" or "Moron Zhu," and I admit that much of their backstory has a comedic element that makes it difficult to take them seriously at times. But it's still difficult to forget about Taran Zhu putting an unarmed fist through a plate-wearing Mogu general or Jojo Ironbrow headbutting his way through a stone block that looked to be about a foot thick. They are as a people easy to underestimate and easier to mock, but you'd rouse them to anger at your considerable peril.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Les Grossman View Post
    You people sound like you've never been in a fight before lol.
    Haven't been in a fight since I was 8. I'm 32. So what? Want to fight about it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    tfw people think a giant jacked guy is going to be easy to hop around.
    Giant guys have mostly advantage in grappling because they can abuse their weight, in strikes the advantage in reach is easier to overcome for a smaller guy.

Also because of weight you can absorb shots better, but after a certain level of power your bone structure and muscle strength is not enough to prevent from getting knocked out. Ironically a Tauren might get knocked out by the same power required to knock out a tall lanky creature like Troll, who is way more agile in the end. Being huge means you spend more energy, getting tired fast also reduces your damage recovery which increases a chance to get knocked out.

As I said. Tauren might be big and strong, but their balance can be easily upset because they stand on two small points and their center of gravity seems to be pretty high (Their upper body seems heavy in comparison to lower half). There is a reason our feet look like they look, it provides you better balance while standing on two limbs while changing directions. Sure Worgen legs are not great either, but their physique allows them to move on all four because of their long arms (Sort of like great apes).

I totally forgot about Pandaren in my previous post. I guess they might be actually the strongest race because they have claws, strong bones and muscles. Bears are also surprisingly fast.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by RH92 View Post
    Giant guys have mostly advantage in grappling because they can abuse their weight, in strikes the advantage in reach is easier to overcome for a smaller guy.

Also because of weight you can absorb shots better, but after a certain level of power your bone structure and muscle strength is not enough to prevent from getting knocked out. Ironically a Tauren might get knocked out by the same power required to knock out a tall lanky creature like Troll, who is way more agile in the end. Being huge means you spend more energy, getting tired fast also reduces your damage recovery increases a chance to get knocked out.

As I said. Tauren might be big and strong, but their balance can be easily upset because they stand on two small points and their center of gravity seems to be pretty high. There is a reason our feet look like they look, it provides you better balance while standing on two limbs while changing directions. Sure Worgen legs are not great either, but their physique allows them to move on all four because of their long arms (Sort of like great apes).

I totally forgot about Pandaren in my previous post. I guess they might be actually the strongest race because they have claws, strong bones and muscles.
    I think I should have elaborated on my post. Orcs are naturally massive. Unless crippled. Bulky humans get tired quicker if they don't condition themselves, but the average orc has been fighting since they were a kid. I doubt a orc is getting winded quickly unless they are using a weapon they have little experience with like Garrosh when he just got Gorehowl and was trying to fight Carine .
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    I think I should have elaborated on my post. Orcs are naturally massive. Unless crippled. Bulky humans get tired quicker if they don't condition themselves, but the average orc has been fighting since they were a kid. I doubt a orc is getting winded quickly unless they are using a weapon they have little experience with like Garrosh when he just got Gorehowl and was trying to fight Carine .
    Yeah, Orcs seem like Gorillas. Their strength is natural.

I do believe Orcs, Worgen, Pandaren and Trolls have best physical attributes for unarmed combat. They all have pretty good center of gravity while their strength, endurance, durability and agility traits differ.

Deleted
    Please correct me if I am wrong, it's been a while since I've red the War of the Ancients Trilogy. Didnt Mannoroth observe Broxigar and said something along the lines of "Orcs are the most gifted race for combat"?

Not saying Mannoroth knows it all but he has visited countless worlds and destroyed the populace. Besides he himself had incredible martial prowess. I guess his words hold some weight.

If it's just an all out slugfest brawl, Orc wins it. If any type of martial arts besides boxing is involved (e.g. Monks) the Monk wins it every single time with no competition.
    If neither side wields arms, no one can win against the Monk (No matter the race). Thats the whole purpose of them. Being absolutely unbeatable in unarmed combat.

This is a super difficult question, as the opponents are not equal. Hell, most don't fight the way player characters do. And there's definite gaps between average and elite warriors.

For example. The Average Orc fights in relatively light armor, relying on great strength and superb battle instincts to carve a path to victory.
    In strength almost no human could hope to stand against it. Yet humans still often prevail, due to better armor, and a reliance on skill and training.
    But some of the most elite Orc warriors fight much different. Many wear thick armor. Most do not fight on rage alone, but temper it with strategy and skill.

Other races have other factors. Blood Elves are empowered by magic. Some races are fond of enchantments. Some boast great resilience through regeneration or already being dead. Some prefer light armor. You don't see many Tauren in full plate. Same goes for Trolls.

Elves probably beat humans. Forsakens surely beat humans. So do Dwarves. In lore, Trolls are also far superior to humans in strength, senses and instinct. But that's all just talking warriors. If the human is a Paladin, we already change the equation.

If they're all unarmored elites, I'd say Pandaren would win. If they are all elites in their field, in preferred gear, I'd say Orc would win. If they're all in medium or heavy armor, I'd say Tauren would win.
    Last edited by Caerule; 2017-04-12 at 03:36 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by KunkkaTheAdmiral View Post
    Please correct me if I am wrong, it's been a while since I've red the War of the Ancients Trilogy. Didnt Mannoroth observe Broxigar and said something along the lines of "Orcs are the most gifted race for combat"?

Not saying Mannoroth knows it all but he has visited countless worlds and destroyed the populace. Besides he himself had incredible martial prowess. I guess his words hold some weight.

If it's just an all out slugfest brawl, Orc wins it. If any type of martial arts besides boxing is involved (e.g. Monks) the Monk wins it every single time with no competition.
    If neither side wields arms, no one can win against the Monk (No matter the race). Thats the whole purpose of them. Being absolutely unbeatable in unarmed combat.
    Mannoroth didn't say the Orcs were the most gifted race for combat, only that they were highly gifted and would make exceptional slaves to the Legion. Funny how Brox inadvertently put the idea in Mannoroth's head, which would come to pass thousands of years in the future on Draenor.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Mannoroth didn't say the Orcs were the most gifted race for combat, only that they were highly gifted and would make exceptional slaves to the Legion. Funny how Brox inadvertently put the idea in Mannoroth's head, which would come to pass thousands of years in the future on Draenor.
    Ah! Thanks for clarifying And still. Mannoroth praising small mortals for combat ability holds some weight. Poor Brox, he started some shit while on his time woobly business.

Deleted
    goblins, they will bribe the judge and pull out a gun to a knife fight. (serious answer is probably either worgen or tauren of the playable races)

Quote Originally Posted by Caerule View Post
    This is a super difficult question, as the opponents are not equal. Hell, most don't fight the way player characters do. And there's definite gaps between average and elite warriors.

For example. The Average Orc fights in relatively light armor, relying on great strength and superb battle instincts to carve a path to victory.
    In strength almost no human could hope to stand against it. Yet humans still often prevail, due to better armor, and a reliance on skill and training.
    But some of the most elite Orc warriors fight much different. Many wear thick armor. Most do not fight on rage alone, but temper it with strategy and skill.

Other races have other factors. Blood Elves are empowered by magic. Some races are fond of enchantments. Some boast great resilience through regeneration or already being dead. Some prefer light armor. You don't see many Tauren in full plate. Same goes for Trolls.

Elves probably beat humans. Forsakens surely beat humans. So do Dwarves. In lore, Trolls are also far superior to humans in strength, senses and instinct. But that's all just talking warriors. If the human is a Paladin, we already change the equation.

If they're all unarmored elites, I'd say Pandaren would win. If they are all elites in their field, in preferred gear, I'd say Orc would win. If they're all in medium or heavy armor, I'd say Tauren would win.
    So...pretty much...

Humans= Weakest Warriors in Most cases...

Yet

Human PALADINS= DEUS EX BADASSNESS, CUZ LIGHT AND HUMAN! LEL!

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quite possible - Dwarves are beings of Titan make, so they may have strength that far exceeds organic baselines by virtue of their Earthen lineage. Night Elves have always been lightning bruiser or ranged types, favoring agility over raw strength or relying on spellwork instead. Goblins, like many smaller creatures, likely have great strength relative to their size and weight.
    Eh, pretty much anything that isn't a troll, panaren, elf, tauren or draenei is a Titanic creation.

- - - Updated - - -

Thankfully, all that Brox-Knaak nonsense never happened. Twas but a bad dream.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Eh, pretty much anything that isn't a troll, panaren, elf, tauren or draenei is a Titanic creation.

- - - Updated - - -

Agreed, although in the case of Humans they are a further mutation down from their Vrykul roots - which might account for further lost strength (comparative to their Vrykul forebearers) due to diminishing in size and relative muscle mass. Orcs are also of Titan lineage which might also account for their exaggerated physical strength.

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    eh... they did go back in time actually. idk how much of it is still canon, but the illidan quest line shows that ronin, krasus, and brox were there.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    eh... they did go back in time actually. idk how much of it is still canon, but the illidan quest line shows that ronin, krasus, and brox were there.
    Now that you do mention it, yes they were actually there.... Urgh. Though, that did seem a bit more like a fanservice act, but that's irellevant.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

II know it doesn't show the actual footage of who killed who... But...

Orc and Night Elf Fight:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYK_Gqyf48Y

Similar area, and Orc beaten:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8XtohlqEeM

Also I have to laugh... They called Eastern Kingdoms, Azeroth. Shows you how much the game has changed! Any race combo will beat another anyway. Getting into individuals is where it gets messy and also supports that anyone can beat each other other than Titans and Void lords mode.

10+ Year Old Account
    Undead. The Forsaken have no actual muscles, but are puppets of rotting meat powered by shadow magic. Their strength comes from their will. This is why a Forsaken monk is the scariest thing ever, if they had the mind for it, they could level a mountain with a punch. Easy fistfight winner.