Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Allenseiei View Post
    Blizzard wants to completely remove it but can't. They introduced it as a way to fix the messed up flightpaths that were later fixed in WotLK. Since they can't remove it, they will at least comercialize it and cut loses.

Flying completely removes the little "danger" and inconveniences of world content has left.

As a marketing director myself, the marketing team (especially at a company as large as Activision) does not pay attention to every comment the development or customer service team make.

They make ads/campiagns to pusht he product. If I was on their team, I would sure as hell make the same banner advertising that flying is available. It is a sellable feature.

I do not see anything wrong with them.....marketing?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by Allenseiei View Post
    Blizzard wants to completely remove it but can't. They introduced it as a way to fix the messed up flightpaths that were later fixed in WotLK. Since they can't remove it, they will at least comercialize it and cut loses.

Flying completely removes the little "danger" and inconveniences of world content has left.
    They really should remove it from current content. Who really cares at this point. Once the next expac patch hits ... x.0 whatever, then introduce flying. Kids are going to bitch no matter what. Its a fact of life. Leave it in for all irrelevant content and remove it for all current content. The end.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    I totally agree... which is what BLOWS MY MIND about Blizz's position... they take flying away from 8 months because it trivializes the content... THEN all your alts get to fly from level 100!

That is simply ludicrous! Back in BC and Wrath... you pretty much had to get to max level (or near max level) before you could fly... on EVERY TOON!

Every toon experienced the content as intended. But in WoD and Legion.. only a toon or two leveled on the ground... and all future toons start with flying.

Complete and utter contradiction of their stated reasons for removing it. in other words... it's bullshit.
    Crying does wonders doesn't it?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Solute View Post
    As a marketing director myself, the marketing team (especially at a company as large as Activision) does not pay attention to every comment the development or customer service team make.

They make ads/campiagns to pusht he product. If I was on their team, I would sure as hell make the same banner advertising that flying is available. It is a sellable feature.

Well yeah, i never said them doing so was a bad thing. They need to at least make the best out of a feature they will never be able to completely remove.

Queue with insta porting to instance destroys world PvP... I don't see you rallying for them to be removed?

Ruins any feeling of the world? Really? Flying allows you to see the world with infinitely MORE perspective... flying isn't a removal feeling, it adds so much more.

No flying makes flying mounts useless? Recall all the sweet dragons from pandaria slithering across the ground of empty world of WoD? No? Probably because you never left your Garrison.. which ALSO destroyed world PvP.

I guess your game is ruined now that flying is in? I suppose you aren't going to get it yourself in support of your opinions? I mean, why would you voluntarily destroy your own experience just because others are?
    So you telling me flying over the trees adds more feeling to the world than riding the super detailed and atmospheric path beneath the trees? xD

If they add it now or not just to please all those crying kids, it's their thing.

But adding flying in the first place was a HUGE mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    Then why the big words "UNLOCK FLYING" and the bright button "LEARN MORE"? :-)

You are talking about an irrelevant thing.

The topic of the thread is that Blizzard are very happy to be selling flying over and over while forcing people to not have it under the false pretense that "this is good for the game" (in reality, they are holding flying back to slow you down so that you pay for more months).
    Let's also not forget that if flying trivializes content, then why release the ability to unlock flying in the same patch with new content? Lol

Deleted
    Which is exactly why we won't let the flying issue go... we are providing consumer feedback. It was posted 3 years ago... 2 years ago, 1 year ago and today. A lot of people are simply unhappy with the game without flying at max level and having to wait for 8+ months.
    Well if it means that much to you keep "fighting the good fight" I guess. Personally it's kinda sad in retrospect that someone has been angry for over 3 years over a video game.

Also, this is going to derail into another flying/no flying argument thread so lets see how long it lasts this time.

10+ Year Old Account

Yeah man... flying sucks for the game. It trivializes content. It allows you to miss all out hard work and miss experiencing the game as we intended.

Oh... hey! Earn flying in WoW... It's an AWESOME feature we have added because it's so desired.

Who exactly as the ads intended for? Are they reaching out to the millions that left game because they took away something and now using it as a carrot to come back?
    Something evades you, does it?

Yes, Blizzard admitted how flying trivialized the content/game play.
    But, at the same time they also admitted that it was too late now, and a full removal wasn't possible anymore.
    When did they say that? Around the time of MoP/WoD transition.
    So, I really don't know the point of this thread therefore.
    That horse, it's been dragged already too often. It won't come back to life.
    Last edited by Wildtree; 2017-04-11 at 04:14 PM.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

You cant make mobs scale to my ilevel! This is terrible, all the mobs that i will be FLYING OVER AND IGNORING will be slightly more difficult!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewor View Post
    Just so we're all on the same page, can you provide a link to where Blizzard said flying trivialises the content?
    https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/10571977123#6

Satisfied? Next time you want to use this cowardly line of argument here's a word for you. Google.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    So you telling me flying over the trees adds more feeling to the world than riding the super detailed and atmospheric path beneath the trees? xD

If they add it now or not just to please all those crying kids, it's their thing.

But adding flying in the first place was a HUGE mistake.
    Yeah, the subs tanked when flying was in the gam... oh wait subs grew at a high rate. So flying didn't seem to hurt that at all. Hmm...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/10571977123#6

Satisfied? Next time you want to use this cowardly line of argument here's a word for you. Google.
    What's wrong with you? I literally asked for evidence to support the argument so that people wouldn't call it out as a strawman.

Has it seriously come to the point where asking people to support their arguments with evidence is "cowardly"? Have you seen me attempt to post a counter-argument anywhere?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Solute View Post

Because (as a marketing pro also) it makes your company look two-faced and undermines trust. If you think it's bad for the game, then you add it, you can't be trusted to do what's good for the game (because, according to your product people, flying is bad for the game).

Now... when the decision has been taken to add it back would I market it? Sure. Because it IS a popular feature that is unlockable. But I'd make damn sure product knew how it could appear and that they might want to think about that next expansion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lewor View Post
    What's wrong with you? I literally asked for evidence to support the argument so that people wouldn't call it out as a strawman.

Has it seriously come to the point where asking people to support their arguments with evidence is "cowardly"? Have you seen me attempt to post a counter-argument anywhere?
    Perhaps I owe you an apology then, but I've seen far too many people who use the "show me a link" line as if it were some counter to the point being made. I also get kind of tired of people asking OTHERS to find the link when that took me quite literally 10 seconds to find using Google. If you or someone else REALLY wants the information it's easily findable... hence my supposition that you weren't interested in actually finding a link, but trying to counter the point.

Are you new? It DID trivialize content, but all the idiots who play this game complained for an entire expansion during WoD and they eventually caved. There were dozens of capped threads on the topic. Was such a joke.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    Perhaps I owe you an apology then, but I've seen far too many people who use the "show me a link" line as if it were some counter to the point being made. I also get kind of tired of people asking OTHERS to find the link when that took me quite literally 10 seconds to find using Google. If you or someone else REALLY wants the information it's easily findable... hence my supposition that you weren't interested in actually finding a link, but trying to counter the point.
    The burden of proof is on the original poster when making a claim and it should be supported by evidence or else it's not a solid foundation to start an argument with. All I intended was for the original poster to have something that supports his argument that people can see for themselves.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    It DOES trivialize content, doesn't mean there's no excitement around it coming back for a while.

I say after you have reached 110 you should be able to purchase flying like before. Problem with that is Blizzard would probably charge 100k +

Yeah man... flying sucks for the game. It trivializes content. It allows you to miss all out hard work and miss experiencing the game as we intended.

Oh... hey! Earn flying in WoW... It's an AWESOME feature we have added because it's so desired.

Who exactly as the ads intended for? Are they reaching out to the millions that left game because they took away something and now using it as a carrot to come back?
    i'm willing to bet that if tomorrow blizzard say flying in the future will be reverted back to buy at cap model 99% of those hard anti-fly supporter will switch side and praise blizzard.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hord4Life View Post
    I say after you have reached 110 you should be able to purchase flying like before. Problem with that is Blizzard would probably charge 100k +
    To be honest if you can't get 100k in this day and age then you've got more problems with the game than being unable to fly.

I think someone already pointed this out, but the Bashiok post that was quoted said "flying trivializes combat". He never said it trivializes content.

It was true too - how many times were you fighting to get a a quest mob or a rare only to have someone fly in and kill it, then you had to sit there twiddling your thumbs for a respawn? It slowed the game down for you if you were on the receiving end of it - and I recall heaps of forum posts complaining about just that, so it was changed to put everyone on equal footing. Just opening it up again at max level wasn't a solution because you still had people leveling that could have been affected still.

I know waiting on flying wasn't a popular decision for a lot of people. I personally don't mind it at all - I get some new content to work on when it seems things start to slow down and while I wait I get to explore the map - I think this xpac has some of the nicest scenery I've seen in a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Beckers View Post
    I'll be honest, flying should be unlocked but only at a later stage at only at 110.

The questing experience and the content at early 110 would suck with flying enabled right off the bat.

On that note, my comment would change the other way around if content was designed to be "3D" rather than 2D, meaning there would be more floating islands and more shit to get to only with flying.
    While I resent having to do anything for flying--we've paid a lot of gold over the years for it and at times where it actually meant a lot--if they are going to add flying "later" they would be better just to have the "Flying step 1" achievement. People who want flying would probably then not need to be lured back by advertisement.

The fact that they had to do this suggest that they lost more than a few people with this decision, probably the worst they have ever made. (Now, I am pro-flying; but if I were anti-flying, I'd probably say the same thing. It was incredibly controversial and divided the community more strongly than just about anything else did. I mean, people hated real ID, but it didn't divide the community like flying. They should have either kept flying or stuck to their guns and removed it. This compromise is just wishy-washy.)