Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Angry Anyone else pissed that blizzard let ppl abuse exploit to get flying faster?

Blizzard wants to keep subs, so they've time gated all the content. They put the invasions in, that botched. But they let people abuse the server hop feature and get max rep, and the response to that was stop it for everyone who didn't cheat the system and let the ones that did keep what they did... Now we have people flying well before those who did all the world quests and other grinding the normal way time gated still while the ones who abused the bug [which if it wasn't a bug it shouldn't have been fixed].

That's the only thing that pisses me off.. Blizzard needs to get with it, either allow it or take corrective actions. Don't reward the people who abuse the bugs.

Realm hopping is not an exploit. And you could have flying today without realm hopping anyway, just from WQs/playing the game normally. I got it like 3 days ago because I ran around the Broken Shore looking for chests/killing rares, tried realmhopping but it barely made a difference because it just caused massive lag.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Deleted
    why didn't you do it? and if you had would you be making this thread?

and why do you care if people start flying before you do? it doesn't make you fly any later. you lose nothing.

I haven't heard of the exploit until two days ago, so I never had the chance to use it

I can fly already anyway.

Your point?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zykaz View Post
    why didn't you do it? and if you had would you be making this thread?

and why do you care if people start flying before you do? it doesn't make you fly any later. you lose nothing.
    The sooner you can fly the more money you can make from the increased farming speed

Deleted
    let me ask again. do you lose money because other people are farming? or what is your concern here?

It's good to see you did it.. and actually it does. they get faster access to the chests and also makes the ap grind quite easier. Why didn't I do it? Because its an exploit.. if it wasn't it wouldn't have been hotfixed. enough said.

I don't care that people did it.. I care that blizzard changed it after they did it. if that makes a difference to you.

Flying is not content, so no.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xrexis View Post
    It's good to see you did it.. and actually it does. they get faster access to the chests and also makes the ap grind quite easier. Why didn't I do it? Because its an exploit.. if it wasn't it wouldn't have been hotfixed. enough said.

I don't care that people did it.. I care that blizzard changed it after they did it. if that makes a difference to you.
    They hotfix plenty of things that aren't exploits. Your argument is incorrect.

10+ Year Old Account
    Generally-speaking, they err on the side of caution for stuff like this as you could make a convincing-enough defense to a GM that you were just playing with friends on another server. They can't prove you weren't unless you do something stupid like communicate the exploit over ingame channels or through battle.net chat. So when they fix this kind of loophole, they typically grandfather in anyone who benefitted as a show of good faith, unless the players get stupid about it, and start bragging ingame or something, at which point Blizz usually does rollbacks on gains from the exploit.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

who cares, they got flying a few days early by grinding like crazy. i can't imagine putting so much effort into accomplishing something so ultimately pointless let alone being salty about someone else doing it.

Deleted

Yeah I get that. But you did not exploit and you are completing the game at the intended pace. Why does it piss you off that others used an exploit to do it faster?

I would understand if it was rated or racing for world first in pve, but flying around in the open world really doesn't matter too much in this expansion. I don't really believe that your only reasoning for not doing it is that you thought it was an exploit.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by gothfox View Post
    who cares, they got flying a few days early by grinding like crazy. i can't imagine putting so much effort into accomplishing something so ultimately pointless let alone being salty about someone else doing it.
    yeah this is how I'm trying to word it

Quote Originally Posted by zykaz View Post
    Yeah I get that. But you did not exploit and you are completing the game at the intended pace. Why does it possibly you off that others used an exploit to do it faster?

I would understand if it was rated or racing for world first in pve, but flying around in the open world really doesn't matter too much in this expansion. I don't really believe that your only reasoning for not doing it is that you thought it was an exploit.
    Flying enables your character to farm AP 10x the rate, chests, and crafting materials. And you say it doesn't change much ?

Aight...

Flying enables your character to farm AP 10x the rate, chests, and crafting materials. And you say it doesn't change much ?

Aight...
    crafting is useless these days, chests are fucking trivial. OMG I MIGHT GET 90k AP FROM THE TOKEN!!!!!!

and done lie, we know you will only do your emissary minimum and then not touch any wq the rest of the day
    Never believe you have seen the peak of human stupidity and ignorance, or you will constantly be surprised by the new levels the reach almost every day

10+ Year Old Account
    No, because what other people are doing doesn't influence in my own gameplay

10+ Year Old Account

Blizzard already said it wasn't exploiting, if I recall.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Blizzard wants to keep subs, so they've time gated all the content. They put the invasions in, that botched. But they let people abuse the server hop feature and get max rep, and the response to that was stop it for everyone who didn't cheat the system and let the ones that did keep what they did... Now we have people flying well before those who did all the world quests and other grinding the normal way time gated still while the ones who abused the bug [which if it wasn't a bug it shouldn't have been fixed].

That's the only thing that pisses me off.. Blizzard needs to get with it, either allow it or take corrective actions. Don't reward the people who abuse the bugs.
    I don't have flying....i did not do this....i did not do every single daily to max rep....i did not use dark moon fair rep bonus....i play a dwarf.....today i will get my flying once i get home and do a few quest.

WTF are you crying about.

Deleted
    Now we have people flying well before those who did all the world quests and other grinding the normal way time gated still
    I hate to say it, but...I already got my flying, and I did not really farm chests at all. Even less so with realm hopping. I got it purely by doing WQs, missions and killing rares when they were active.
    Last edited by mmocc02219cc8b; 2017-04-11 at 06:16 PM.

Server hop been there since...hell, I don't even remember anymore, but long. They changed it before, so you only change server if someone in the group is in the same zone as you are. They haven't changed it further, therefore they are fine with the way that it's working now. They never punished anyone for server hopping, and never will. Ergo...It's not an exploit.

And no, you're not whining because "it's an exploit, and I didn't want to get banned", you're whining because you don't have as much time as ppl who farmed it, and you couldn't do it regardless, but you're pissed off that someone has more time to farm than you, realm hop or not.

Deleted
    I don't understand how so many of you have already unlocked flying without actually farming much. I did every world quests, killed most rare mobs and opened 150-200 Wyrmtongue Chests. I only have 9200/12000 reputation.

I'm starting to get the feeling that something might be buggy or broken here. Wouldn't surprise me with how buggy patch 7.2 has been overall.

No, I only care about myself and my own toons. If I worried about what everyone else got, it'd keep me up at night that people who aren't me are clearing mythic raids and getting gladiator titles. But maybe that just has something to do with being an adult, I dunno.