Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I have leg shoulders, CoF and only 1 meta relic, and when I use both gears, I always get sub- 2 minutes Meta, desyncing it with Nemesis or Chaos Blade by 10 secs (cd of ~1:40/50). I dont have the leg ring, only leg trinquet as my second leg.

I'm raiding in a very casual mood, so I cannot confirm neither this is a dps increase or not. Because I have very strange stat distribution, I usually use an Unstable Arcanocrystal and forget the CoD

Quote Originally Posted by Manu9 View Post
    That does not sound right tbh, if so, you're getting very very lucky on every single try with the Fury gen.
    i have 5 meta traits, ring and shoulders and 913-915 ilvl gear depending on trinkets, i sim 917k without cof and the meta cd is just about 2min, i have to wait like 10-15seconds on nemesis and chaos blades. But the thing is, this is with 100% boss uptime, if there is down time for whatever reason, you might have to use cof anyway and with cof and the 2 relics, i have to wait for nemesis and chaos blades for 5 to 15 seconds depending on rng with fury and cof procs.

edit: with the same gear setup but 895 eye of command switched to 890 cof i sim 890k, but again these sims assume ideal conditions which mean no down time on boss what so ever.
    Last edited by aGit; 2017-04-11 at 06:30 PM.

Its simple the best setup is: shoulders + ring and 2 meta relics (Halls 10+ or Guldan and Bota or Maw 10+) last Fel relic is Crittical chaos (ticho or Arcway 10+) or something thats +5 ilvl or higher

9/10M DH, I have shoulders, ring and COF.

I dont use shoulders or COF. I believe the tradeoff of using meta relics (instead of chaos strike relics) and/or using COF in a trinket slot, is too much of a dps loss. You're better off not using the shoulders and going for the traditional ring/bracers bloodlet combo

Quote Originally Posted by Measure View Post
    Just got this. Don't have the ring but do have cindaria. Also have CoF. Just how good is it? I hear a lot of mixed things about it.
    The irony. You say you hear mixed things and you want some clarity, but you still get mixed things in your thread.

That does not sound right tbh, if so, you're getting very very lucky on every single try with the Fury gen.
    I have Ring and Shoulders with CoF and 1 relic for meta get me around 2 minutes always, sometimes even bellow depends on the procs from the ring.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rankstar View Post
    9/10M DH, I have shoulders, ring and COF.

I dont use shoulders or COF. I believe the tradeoff of using meta relics (instead of chaos strike relics) and/or using COF in a trinket slot, is too much of a dps loss. You're better off not using the shoulders and going for the traditional ring/bracers bloodlet combo
    Depends on the fight, on HC farm it's much better since most of our fights are much quicker now expect some you have to wait like elisandre and such but still compensates alot.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by aGit View Post
    i have 5 meta traits, ring and shoulders and 913-915 ilvl gear depending on trinkets, i sim 917k without cof and the meta cd is just about 2min, i have to wait like 10-15seconds on nemesis and chaos blades. But the thing is, this is with 100% boss uptime, if there is down time for whatever reason, you might have to use cof anyway and with cof and the 2 relics, i have to wait for nemesis and chaos blades for 5 to 15 seconds depending on rng with fury and cof procs.

edit: with the same gear setup but 895 eye of command switched to 890 cof i sim 890k, but again these sims assume ideal conditions which mean no down time on boss what so ever.
    True eye is a tricky trinket. It sims higher but it will work well in trilliax and krosus. The rest of the fight there are better trinkets out there

Im getting just over 2mins to 2min30sec on meta with DoG + 1 Relic + 4/4 trait. No CoF, No AotHG (sadly)

Trying to farm for another relic to reduce further and bring it consistently to 2mins

Quote Originally Posted by KingBat View Post
    DoG, 2 meta relics and 4/4 trait will get you 2 min metas... you're not getting it with just DoG and CoF

With Aothg
    I actually put first trait into reduced meta and upgraded with way higher fel relic (with dogshit trait, but like +5 ilevel on weapon), so i have 4/4 and one relic with delusions and ring and right now, I get regularly 2:05 -2:10 metas and I even sim slightly higher than with belt by like 1% (and thats considering I have way better shoulders as a replacement than belt) and until I get proper shadow relic (which is kinda hard) I dont really need to change it as I like short metas (and were progressing tich now, so even better), but If I had proper one, I would likely switch to belt. still, I did manage to 950k on H krosus with shoulders, so its not half bad

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bladeweaver View Post
    Im getting just over 2mins to 2min30sec on meta with DoG + 1 Relic + 4/4 trait. No CoF, No AotHG (sadly)

Trying to farm for another relic to reduce further and bring it consistently to 2mins

I have DoG + 3/3 relics + 3 traits = 100 seconds meta redux, no AotHG.

Im getting 2:30 most of times, never 2 min, maybe 4th trait fix this.

Anyway i simcrafted 3x critical chaos relics at same ilvl and i get 15k + DPS, i cant post images or link to confirm but i did this:

300s duration, BL, patchwerk style, players style good

3x Unleashed demons: 606k
    3x critical kaos:620k

In all Length(sec) field tested without BL and with BL Critical kaos win, so i guess Unleashed demons is not worth.

Dæmonicus-Twisting nether

Quote Originally Posted by HeiAggra View Post

Depends on the fight, on HC farm it's much better since most of our fights are much quicker now expect some you have to wait like elisandre and such but still compensates alot.

- - - Updated - - -
    I'm going to have to agree with who you quoted. Fights are very much not all the same and if you want to excel you cannot have one spec. We're simply just not built for it. Screw the HC farm every kid and their gramma is heroic farming. We are talking mythic.

I've been a die hard I love my 2m meta person transitioning off of CoF + DoG to just using DoG and the short and sweet of it is it's a 30 second iron man then 1:30 floppy dick time. No woman would stick with a man who's only good for that they need more sustain. Great for a quicky but the real demon hunter top players do not use the 2min setup and I've transitioned off of it for the past month and seeing much better performance. Of course I'll use it again for boring heroic farm but that's the only place I use it. The 1 raiding spec is simply not true anymore.
    Last edited by ehxy; 2017-04-12 at 11:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ehxy View Post
    I'm going to have to agree with who you quoted. Fights are very much not all the same and if you want to excel you cannot have one spec. We're simply just not built for it. Screw the HC farm every kid and their gramma is heroic farming. We are talking mythic.

I've been a die hard I love my 2m meta person transitioning off of CoF + DoG to just using DoG and the short and sweet of it is it's a 30 second iron man then 1:30 floppy dick time. No woman would stick with a man who's only good for that they need more sustain. Great for a quicky but the real demon hunter top players do not use the 2min setup and I've transitioned off of it for the past month and seeing much better performance. Of course I'll use it again for boring heroic farm but that's the only place I use it. The 1 raiding spec is simply not true anymore.
    LOL
    Good analogy mate.
    Of course DH's should have more then 1 build. Im luck to have the legendary for the 3 i use. Progression with ring and belt, 2M meta with ring and shoulders and for AOE fest with head and belt.
    It's good to change to do different stuff

I dont have shoulders but Im using now two meta reduction relics because they were huge ilvl upgrade for me (one 900 ilvl replaced 880 ilvl, and second 925 ilvl replaced 890 ilvl). I really would like to test shoulders combo with this (have also ring and cof if needed).

It scales with gear. When Nighthold first came out you definitely needed all of these things, but higher item level and more crit means more Fury, you get my point.

I can definitely confirm that you can do it with no relics, so I'd assume that with higher gear you could drop other things off the list. Also remember there is now a new point to be added to the Meta CD trait, effectively giving you one of those relics passively - most people aren't at a point where it's worth putting a point in there but that doesn't mean some people haven't gone for it and just used whatever trait order they felt like.

Quote Originally Posted by Extremity View Post
    It scales with gear. When Nighthold first came out you definitely needed all of these things, but higher item level and more crit means more Fury, you get my point.

I can definitely confirm that you can do it with no relics, so I'd assume that with higher gear you could drop other things off the list. Also remember there is now a new point to be added to the Meta CD trait, effectively giving you one of those relics passively - most people aren't at a point where it's worth putting a point in there but that doesn't mean some people haven't gone for it and just used whatever trait order they felt like.
    Fair enough, I'm not what you would called well geared, and I haven't read up in a while, so it seems my information is outdated, I'm sorry, will read up again!

It's really good, you're initial burst will go down with having to use CoF rather than a pure DPS trinket but it works out.

Moral is: DoG is gonna see a lot less playtime in ToS because nobody will want to break 2/4pc, let alone have to sacrifice relic slots.

I predict it will be bag filler for the next 5 months, before blizzard finally says "huh, I guess we should just make the legendary bonus a static "reduces meta to 2 minutes, does not stack with other meta modifiers. And you wont have to give up relics or trinkets for it and they will become decent.

Until then, bag filler.

Quote Originally Posted by Killface1 View Post
    Moral is: DoG is gonna see a lot less playtime in ToS because nobody will want to break 2/4pc, let alone have to sacrifice relic slots.

I predict it will be bag filler for the next 5 months, before blizzard finally says "huh, I guess we should just make the legendary bonus a static "reduces meta to 2 minutes, does not stack with other meta modifiers. And you wont have to give up relics or trinkets for it and they will become decent.

Until then, bag filler.
    I hate to think it but I'm gonna have to agree. Better off going demon build to be honest and I can only wonder if over all you have more up time with demonbuild anyway.

DoG, COF, and 1 relic gets me 2 min meta everytime. I not sure I understand the hate for it unless you just think the trinket is boring. I may be missing something completely though, but in my head any fight over 2:30 should benefit.

Ok so I have the following and only just recently did I finish this set with the fel relics off Guldan on one kill.

2 Fel Meta relics, 1 shadow meta relic: (All reduce meta by 75 seconds)
    I'm close to being able to put the 4th point in the meta trait as my 47th trait.
    I also have an 880 CoF i could use or just use other trinkets I have like 890 foci and 865 BTI,
    Legendary shoulders.

I'm currently able to line up my CB/Nem with Meta on 2 minute mark.

Do you think I could drop CoF altogether? or should I push for a 1 minute meta perhaps? And use CB/Nem on every other Meta?
    Should I aim to drop one relic should it come to pass for a different one?
    Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Firestarre View Post
    Ok so I have the following and only just recently did I finish this set with the fel relics off Guldan on one kill.

2 Fel Meta relics, 1 shadow meta relic: (All reduce meta by 75 seconds)
    I'm close to being able to put the 4th point in the meta trait as my 47th trait.
    I also have an 880 CoF i could use or just use other trinkets I have like 890 foci and 865 BTI,
    Legendary shoulders.

I'm currently able to line up my CB/Nem with Meta on 2 minute mark.

Do you think I could drop CoF altogether? or should I push for a 1 minute meta perhaps? And use CB/Nem on every other Meta?
    Should I aim to drop one relic should it come to pass for a different one?
    Thoughts?
    Ditch CoF. It's terrible and kills your meta damage and accentuates your out of meta time piss poor dps too. If you're geared properly you'll have jacyn's 2p and you should be timing your metas with that buff and/or with a foci if you're using basically whatever buff you can obtain. That buff will not always line up with your 2p buff. Let's face it 2m meta is nice but it blows if the fight ends during our out of meta downtime.