Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post

Based on how WoD worked Blizzard realised that for the most part players are happy with tackling content from the ground .

I guess they are counting the people who are still subbed and not counting the millions who left the game

Quote Originally Posted by Aleax View Post
    Ok, this is yet again a thread about flying at max level and not later. But what is healthy for the game because that's the most important thing and should get top priority? Imo their choices right now are healthy enough, because you can fly, but not just right at the start of the xpac
    ;
    so much this :

Maybie though, flying was perhaps too much gated. It might have been offered right at the start of 7.2 without necessity to do something further (or maybie sometimes before 7.2)
    I can live with flying becoming available by reaching max level and going through a quest chain, however, that quest chain should be available at launch and able to pursue when ready by the player. There are zero reasons why features that add variety and choice to experience content should be removed, especially if individuals just want a game to cater to their specific fantasy forcing others into it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I see WoW is doing great then, when things like this are the issues for complaining.

Quote Originally Posted by Lewor View Post
    I ain't justifying my right to demand proof. I'm justifying the necessity of it to make people not look like idiots when arguing.

This is indicative of the shitty attitude people have on MMO-Champion. Being given proof is not a courtesy. It's a necessity. Else it makes you look like a moron.

Please tell me you or others are seriously not stupid enough to think that providing proof for your own argument is a courtesy? Is that seriously the mindset that you and others have?
    Got it, you aren't interested in talking about flying or proofs or whatever, you are interested in bitching about non-issues. I will leave you to it, dear, feel free to flood the forum with nonsense pretenses.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by analmoose View Post
    Nah, I got busy irl and didn't have time for wow again until mid mop
    This argumentation is likely the largest cause of WoW sub decline.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celadir View Post
    There are zero reasons why features that add variety and choice to experience content should be removed, especially if individuals just want a game to cater to their specific fantasy forcing others into it.
    Developers of video games think a lot about making certain that their games are played in some intended way. Games with a long lifespan are bound to see development goals change. Some of those are agreeable; others are not. It's how it works.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    Which is exactly why we won't let the flying issue go... we are providing consumer feedback. It was posted 3 years ago... 2 years ago, 1 year ago and today. A lot of people are simply unhappy with the game without flying at max level and having to wait for 8+ months.
    Keep in mind, the people you see crying about that (or any other subjects) on the forums are actually a microscopic amount of people. Everything that is said on forums have to be investigated and tested by devs before really changing things.
    And when you notice people crying about something and the next week it gets changed, it's not only because "they finally listen to us, we must be right all the time" it just happened that this one time it was really messed up, doesn't meant everything that pisses you off in a game that you WILLINGLY PAY FOR will get changed to your liking.

There's a lot more people happy without flying at the beginning, they just don't feel the need to voice their concern like you do because they are enjoying the game instead of crying about it.

Are people being stupid on purpose? You still need to clear out all the shit they don't want you to have flying for before you can unlock it. Don't see a problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kekekz View Post
    Everyone hated BC, everyone hated Wrath, everyone hated Cata and everyone will hate MoP. MoP will become the new worst expansion and Al'akir or BoT will become the new "last good raid" or something stupid like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelliak View Post
    You're now blocked. Told you I was done with you. You want to pick fights over minute details as if this is the fucking presidential debate on a gaming forum.
    Enjoy.

10+ Year Old Account
    In my opinion Flying doesn't make content more interesting, especially mountainous areas. It makes them less tedious and frustrating. The way some of the terrain is designed in Legion really makes you want Flying. For some reason in Draenor I could tolerate it much more so. When I get flying it will definitely speed up my questing and such(WQuesting). I doubt it will get much more interesting. Unless Blizzard decides to completely change how flying works or any flying combat.

Flying does make it more convenient.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Wanna know the difference here? By the time you get it it doesn't matter anymore. It's not like you are flying through the questing experience or something. You have to have completed it at least once to get it. Not sure what people don't get about that.

It has almost always been the case except in Cataclysm which is the odd man out. Every other expansion you had to have at least reached level cap or close to it to fly.

Yep... a company that used to be able to grow subs to over 10 million players and KEEP them for over 5 years... now is taking advantage of loyal players, only to lose half of them the first couple months.

Congratulations indeed!
    Things happen, doesn't mean they're not highly successful. Just means they're not as successful now as they used to be. I'm not saying they don't make mistakes, they clearly do, but they're still doing fine and are still a successful company by any measure.

Was poking at the fact that the OP/ you seem to poke at them for advertising this. Regardless of their personal feelings on flying, it's still an audience attention getter, and they'd be stupid not to capitalize on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Lewor View Post
    Just so we're all on the same page, can you provide a link to where Blizzard said flying trivialises the content?
    http://ptr.wowhead.com/news=223780.1...enor-until-6-1

Quote Originally Posted by Swalload View Post

There's a lot more people happy without flying at the beginning, they just don't feel the need to voice their concern like you do because they are enjoying the game instead of crying about it.
    Gosh... I sure wish I had checked with you before crying about it. I feel so much better now knowing I have an authoritative source to answer all my concerns.

But, if you don't mind, I think I'll go ahead and provide that consumer feedback just the same... after all.. you yourself said: "Everything that is said on forums have to be investigated and tested by devs before really changing things."

Would hate to think changes were made without my input.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    Things happen, doesn't mean they're not highly successful. Just means they're not as successful now as they used to be. I'm not saying they don't make mistakes, they clearly do, but they're still doing fine and are still a successful company by any measure.

Was poking at the fact that the OP/ you seem to poke at them for advertising this. Regardless of their personal feelings on flying, it's still an audience attention getter, and they'd be stupid not to capitalize on that.
    Blizzard advertising flying available is akin to OJ Simpson writing "If I Did It".

10+ Year Old Account
    Which is exactly why we won't let the flying issue go... we are providing consumer feedback. It was posted 3 years ago... 2 years ago, 1 year ago and today. A lot of people are simply unhappy with the game without flying at max level and having to wait for 8+ months.
    Your complaint could make more sense then. Writing about 'experiencing the content as intended' as if those that get the flying achievement never did that is the sort of thing that makes one think you're not making a serious complaint. Making stuff up is an automatic disqualifier and leaves you easy to ignore as just another non-serious complainer trying to stir up an argument.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Celadir View Post
    I can live with flying becoming available by reaching max level and going through a quest chain, however, that quest chain should be available at launch and able to pursue when ready by the player. There are zero reasons why features that add variety and choice to experience content should be removed, especially if individuals just want a game to cater to their specific fantasy forcing others into it.
    Yeah, but WoW designers think it trivializes content. Don't you agree? Probably not.^^

Myself, I think that flying makes things WAY more convenient (like you), but I can understand it if it is gated if designers think it means *overall*(so for the majority of the playerbase) a better gaming experience.

Gosh... I sure wish I had checked with you before crying about it.
    If everybody did that the forums on MMOC would be pretty boring.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    Got it, you aren't interested in talking about flying or proofs or whatever, you are interested in bitching about non-issues. I will leave you to it, dear, feel free to flood the forum with nonsense pretenses.
    Only thing ridiculous about this is that you're still under the pretense that not providing evidence for an argument is an ok thing to do. How can we discuss something if people are incapable of the foundations of what makes a discussion?

Countless people posting dumb shit strawman arguments isn't a non-issue. Anyone who thinks otherwise is the issue. So just to be clear, you are advocating that people argue like a bunch of monkeys for the sake of argument.
    Last edited by mmoccad4d490dd; 2017-04-11 at 09:08 PM.

Gosh... I sure wish I had checked with you before crying about it. I feel so much better now knowing I have an authoritative source to answer all my concerns.

But, if you don't mind, I think I'll go ahead and provide that consumer feedback just the same... after all.. you yourself said: "Everything that is said on forums have to be investigated and tested by devs before really changing things."

Would hate to think changes were made without my input.

- - - Updated - - -

Blizzard advertising flying available is akin to OJ Simpson writing "If I Did It".
    Right because taking away flying due to design decisions and reintroducing it via achievement is just as criminal and equivalent to killing your wife....

I get what you're trying to say, but c'mon, that's a bit of a stretch.

Deleted
    That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard in the defense of flying and you should be ashamed. You're probably not though, judging by your other arguments.

I want people to look at this and realise that this is the wording of either a troll or someone who's so unhinged about a small detail in a video game they compare it to a murder trial.
    Last edited by mmoccad4d490dd; 2017-04-11 at 09:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Your complaint could make more sense then. Writing about 'experiencing the content as intended' as if those that get the flying achievement never did that is the sort of thing that makes one think you're not making a serious complaint. Making stuff up is an automatic disqualifier and leaves you easy to ignore as just another non-serious complainer trying to stir up an argument.
    I didn't make anything up, but you are entitled to your opinion...