Page 1 of 29
... LastLast

Druid Class Hall Followers Optimization

This topic is to discuss about order halls followers optimization. Took this image from reddit. (source: https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment...is&sh=44185746)

The ones in green are the ones with all useful stuff. They would leave you with no Resto champion, though, so Brightwing is swapped in for Naralex (most efficient swap based on other traits)

Im Resto, but off speccing with moonkin, Broll as my bodyguard. Anyone recommend other bodyguard to use? Having a little hard time when i pull more then 2 mobs (Starfall without seed of creation is really bad for soloing). Thinking in put 13 points on Guardian to quest as tank.

Your team Keeper - Hamuul - Brightwing - Mylune - Zen'tabra has:
    Balance/Spell - Feral/Minion - Resto/Minion - Balance/Hazard - Feral/Spell

Your specs and abilities are all distributed 2-2-1, so that's good.
    My take:
    Broll will be pretty attractive on missions that cost 1000 resources.
    Naralex's combat CD is awesome against outdoor rares, and his +15% success vs. Spell would be missed.

I made the same observations you did but came to a different conclusion. Taking the "greater troop" tier 4 upgrade provides a way to get +15% vs. Minions. The non-leveling tier 1 upgrade gives an occasional boost vs. Minions as well. This means that Zen'Tabra, not Naralex, is the most replaceable of the "useful 5" to make room for a Resto champion.

So my team is:
    Broll - Keeper - Sylendra - Hamuul - Naralex. (Note: had to drop Mylune for Broll to avoid 3 Balance.)
    Feral/Hazard - Balance/Spell - Resto/Spell - Feral/Minion - Balance/Minion.
    ie also 2-2-1 on all counters.

Dropping Mylune means I'll focus less on the lesser troop -- which is already true since I'll be relying on the greater troop both for vs-Minions and for Keeper Rem's ability.

To your last point -- playing as Guardian is amazing. Anytime I enter combat (by choice or unintentionally), I moonfirespam everything in range, Rage of the Sleeper (Artifact ability), Thrash/Swipe everything down, AOE loot. Much more efficient than killing things in ones and twos.

If you offspec Guardian, take the top path to Embrace of the Nightmare, hands down.
    Last edited by Sounder; 2016-09-11 at 02:50 AM.

Blizzard: Bosses now also have a chance to drop ponies! A pony makes your character better.
    Players: AAARGH ponies are RNG!
    Now it's even harder to be perfect. /unsub
    They should just make ponies baseline.
    LOL @ World of Ponycraft.

I'm using Broll, Keeper, Sylendra, Hamuul, Naralex right now, as Sounder also seems to be using, since it fits better to my upgrade choices.

Personally I really like using Keeper as a combat ally though, his action is really strong when AoEing down a huge pack, admittedly the 3 min cooldown feels long though, so still not 100% on that, but I'm Guardian so I don't need Broll for tanking, and Naralex button while OK on single target feels useless on anything else.

Unfortunately using Keeper as combat ally means the synergy with the 2/2 troop falls apart, but I can always un-assign him if I need him to go on missions.
    Last edited by Nevcairiel; 2016-09-07 at 12:29 AM.

Appreciate OP and follow up posts, thanks guys.

One other thing I'm noticing. Whatever is your "1" in your 2-2-1 distributions will end up gating your missions. ie if you only have one Resto champion, your mission backlog will come to consist of things needing a Resto counter, and you'll end up having champions sitting idle waiting for your one healer to get done so you can send her out again.

So, I might end up maintaining an active bench. When I need to catch up on Resto missions, use my daily swap to add the second healer to the active group and bench whoever's not currently useful. Same when I need to catch up on "Hazard" missions (my other "1"). Shame that Resto/Hazard isn't there to cover both.

That'll also keep the whole minigame fresh for longer. :-)

- - - Updated - - -

On a similar note -- gear your "1"s first (among your 2-2-1 counters) since they get the most work. eg your only Resto and your only Dash. Then gear a 3rd champion that makes a "superteam" with the prior two. (ie together their counters are 1-1-1 and 1-1-1.)

Gear = both ilvl boosts and equipment.

Blizzard: Bosses now also have a chance to drop ponies! A pony makes your character better.

Here's one more take on it, if you're willing to spend 250g rotating your bench every few days.

We only have two options for a 6-minion team that covers all counters 2-2-2. That leaves one on the bench at any given time and the remaining two unleveled/ungeared.

These four are required since we need both Restos and both Hazards:
    Broll - -30% mission cost, combat ally
    Sylendra - Chance to make a troop heal item
    Brightwing - 50% chance to rez dead troop
    Mylune - +15% with greater troop, combat ally

The other two have to be one each of Feral/Balance and Minion/Spell. So that allows:
    Keeper Rem - +15% with lesser troop, combat ally
    Hamuul - +15% vs Hazard
    OR
    Naralex - +15% vs Spell, combat ally
    Zen'tabra - +15% vs Minions

Given that we can get vs Minions from our greater troop with a perk choice, Zen'tabra is still the least important above. (Unfortunately Naralex is the one champion I've leveled to Rare already, rats.)

For some reason my campaign seems to be stuck. I am 110, got all artifacts but still can only recruit treants and have only 2 followers. I did the LIghts Heart/Falling Start stuff and all the memories of Illidan up until and including the Ravencrest one. Now the thing does not give me any more quests either. What did I miss?

Deleted
    @avoidconfusion

The "all the memories of Illidan" is different from the druid campaign. You do not need illidan to complete druid stuff.

You have to do the other quests, the quests that appeard orange on the mission register.

Edit: Resolved! Had missed a quest in Val'Sharah
    Last edited by avoidconfusion; 2016-10-19 at 07:06 PM.

Anyone know if moroes work good?

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by davidrm15 View Post
    Anyone know if moroes work good?
    Only if you main Feral spec.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaeth View Post
    Only if you main Feral spec.
    Why is that?

I think he mistakenly thought you were asking about him as a bodyguard

Deleted
    Any news in 7.2? we can now have up to 7 followers

Quote Originally Posted by Phiri View Post
    Any news in 7.2? we can now have up to 7 followers
    Well with 7 followers there's a lot less need for "best" or "optimal". There will be plenty of combinations.

I would suggest at a minimum you make sure you have 2 of every spec, and 2 of every hazard countered. That leaves 1 extra. The follower from Brawlers guild would be a good choice. You'll also want to use the new class 7.2 follower as they typically have a "powerful" 3rd ability.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kluian05 View Post
    I would suggest at a minimum you make sure you have 2 of every spec, and 2 of every hazard countered. That leaves 1 extra ... You'll also want to use the new class 7.2 follower as they typically have a "powerful" 3rd ability.
    Yeah, I'll agree on that. Thisalee is an extremely good follower to have set as guardian, because she buffs you in any spec, any form, as both Bodyguard and Support. If you can cover the missions with the 2-2-2 setup, then go Thisalee as bodyguard.

people should really do enough brawling to get meatball; he's really strong as a bodyguard and as a mission runner

broll imo is not really worth keeping around unless you want to use him as a bodyguard; order resources aren't limited enough that having his percentile reduction is very useful, and thisalee crow has his same counters plus the bonus from troop vitality.

Personally, I've been running the following for my 5-man team:
    Keeper Remulos (Equipped with the +20 and +15% bonus on using keepers of the grove)
    Naralex (Equipped with +50 and +25 gold per WQ completed, running as full-time bodyguard when not out on missions for XP)
    Mylune (Equipped with +20% and +15% bonus on using treants/sisters)
    Hammul Runetotem (Equipped with -10% mission duration, +30% bonus on missions shorter than four hours)
    Meatball (Equipped with -15% and -10% mission duration, along with +15% bonus success chance)

This setup has no resto follower, but it does have one of each ability (Dash, Skull Bash, Starfall), and Meatball can stand in as a pseudo resto-counter with his sheer bonus to mission success chance. I've had times where I countered absolutely nothing on a mission and still wound up with 200% success chance because of meatball, keeper remulos, and some keepers of the grove. (With the setup I have, Meatball, Remulos, and Keepers of the Grove naturally have at least 185% mission success chance if the mission has minions, 155% if the mission does not.)

I'm planning on adding the following followers:
    Brightwing (For a resto counter and second minion counter [Naralex's doesn't count since he's usually on bodyguard duty], equipped with -mission durations -- good for pairing with Remulos or Mylune and a troop with 1 HP left or an uncountered lethal)
    Zentabra (For a second feral counter and second spell counter)

I'm hoping I get the legendary Gold/AP token per WQ and Gold/OH Resource per WQ equipments to put on Naralex once he's legendary titled. That way I'd get 150 gold, 100 resources, and a green AP token per WQ completed.
    Last edited by Etamalgren; 2017-04-12 at 05:10 AM.

What's your opinion on the new order hall advancement choice, guys? Is it better to get the new troop type or 1 more champion?