Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    Did even know it was up, i work to much :\

- - - Updated - - -

Found it and pre-ordered it.
    bruh i linked it to you

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trifle View Post
    I'm not sure how that could be the case. There are 7 passengers total, and while 2 can cross at a time, 1 then has to return (the boat can't return empty), so net result is only 1 additional passenger can make it to the far shore every 2 steps:

1) 2 passengers on far shore (initial 2 boat passengers)
    2) 1 passenger on far shore (1 returned with the boat)
    3) 3 on far shore (+2 more with boat)
    4) 2 on far shore (-1 rower returning)
    5) 4 on far shore
    6) 3
    7) 5
    8) 4
    9) 6
    10) 5
    11) 7

??
    Keep trying, or read the answer below:

Spoiler: 
    The answer is 3 trips.
    First: Peasant and wife go across, wife gets off.
    Second: Peasant takes it back across.
    Third: Peasant and Shepherd go across. Both get off.

Reread the question. It only says you need to the boat to carry each person to the other side. Everything else is irrelevant.

The entire question is a trick, meant to play on your expectations of the original wolf and sheep logic puzzle. The extra additions and hint (which is straight from the game; I didn't make it up to mislead you further) are just there to force you to think more so you miss the obvious.

You probably think it's unfair, right? Well, that's Umineko. Wording is everything. (insert smug maria face)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sesto View Post

Spoiler: 
    The answer is 3 trips.
    First: Peasant and wife go across, wife gets off.
    Second: Peasant takes it back across.
    Third: Peasant and Shepherd go across. Both get off.

Reread the question. It only says you need to the boat to carry each person to the other side. Everything else is irrelevant.

The entire question is a trick, meant to play on your expectations of the original wolf and sheep logic puzzle. The extra additions and hint (which is straight from the game; I didn't make it up to mislead you further) are just there to force you to think more so you miss the obvious.

You probably think it's unfair, right? Well, that's Umineko. Wording is everything. (insert smug maria face)
    Oh cool I was right.

Umineko Chapter 08 spoilers (completely unrelated to the riddle)- Oh my god, this showdown with Bernkastel is hype as fuck. I guess I'm going to have to spend some time figuring this out because it's actually kind of complicated...
    tfw I took pen and paper and wrote down every fucking line they said there only to find out I can just review the purples in game.

I mean, it's impossible to disagree with that logic, but that means your 'hint' about the meat being pivotal wasn't true !

Also the shepherd eats the meat with that ordering, but I guess it doesn't really matter. But does that mean the shepherd now takes up 2 spots in the boat ?! You can reorder it to avoid this if you want (shepherd + peasant first), and let the sheep eat the vegetables instead. Doesn't really matter either way.

I mean, it's impossible to disagree with that logic, but that means your 'hint' about the meat being pivotal wasn't true !

Also the shepherd eats the meat with that ordering, but I guess it doesn't really matter. But does that mean the shepherd now takes up 2 spots in the boat ?! You can reorder it to avoid this if you want (shepherd + peasant first), and let the sheep eat the vegetables instead. Doesn't really matter either way.
    Meat doesn't matter. The hint is from the game and is misleading on purpose.

- - - Updated - - -

Dear god, that's actually pretty much the same as the English version. The chef has left over サバ (SABA in katakana, mackarel). I think you're meant to add 1 hiragana (my kanji knowledge is pretty bad) to get a dessert... so I presume the answer is さばく (sabaku in hiragana), which can mean desert. So I presume its meant to be a joke, but it doesn't really work very well. No fault of the translators though.

Also no idea why that hyphen is in the English version.
    It works well in my opinion. さばく is the correct answer since you just have to add a kana. デザート sounds a lot like desert and it even tells you that English might be needed for the puzzle.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    God damn weebs...
    u wot

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Radio View Post
    u wot
    u fohgot to m8 him m9-1

Anime Strike is going to tank if Amazon doesn't properly sub things. Right now, everything is translated via CC. It's small and looks awful. It's like watching Youtube.

15+ Year Old Account
    Shuumatsu Nani Shitemasu ka? Isogashii desu ka? Sukutte Moratte Ii desu ka? (wtf is this title) 01 - I've been looking forward to this show because the premise seems interesting and the PVs were good. It definitely lived up to my expectations. The characters are great, the art/character designs are really pleasing to the eye, and the story is pretty intriguing. Actual good fantasy anime is always a treat.

I've said this for a bunch of shows already but this could easily end up being my AOTS. My only complaint with the episode was the Scarborough Fair insert song... I mean, it sounded nice, but something about its usage was slightly strange to me. It felt a bit overplayed for that scene.

This season is so damn good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Shuumatsu Nani Shitemasu ka? Isogashii desu ka? Sukutte Moratte Ii desu ka? (wtf is this title) 01
    aka SukaSuka

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asetotti View Post
    tfw I took pen and paper and wrote down every fucking line they said there only to find out I can just review the purples in game.
    Umineko Chapter 08 - Christ. I almost loaded my save to review the scene because I thought they were going to just go into it, so being given time to think about it was a refresher. Had I wrote it all down I would have lost it.

Right now I'm just using a word doc to hold my thoughts. I feel like I have a good theory right now but I'll probably end up using the hints before I lock in anything.

Did you get it right?

On an unrelated note, Gundam 00 is available to view on Crunchyroll now, so anyone that enjoyed IBO should go and check it out immediately. Like IBO, it's set outside the Universal Century timeline and so has no direct ties to any of the main story events or characters; It's another alt-universe in which Gundam mecha exist. The show is slightly less militaristic in its presentation than say Thunderbolt or IBO (since these are the two that people are most likely to have seen now), but is instead more about looking at the ideologies of war and why it is waged. It makes the reasons for participating in war a huge grey area and even the protagonists acknowledge that what they're doing and how they're going about it might not be good, or right.

And to make checking it out easier, three Crunchyroll guest passes:

SMYP9Z7MDFT

QC7664SPW9Y

TMNHZG66384

First come, first serve.
    Last edited by Shinzai; 2017-04-11 at 05:28 PM.

Umineko Chapter 08 - Christ. I almost loaded my save to review the scene because I thought they were going to just go into it, so being given time to think about it was a refresher. Had I wrote it all down I would have lost it.

Right now I'm just using a word doc to hold my thoughts. I feel like I have a good theory right now but I'll probably end up using the hints before I lock in anything.

Did you get it right?
    Eventually I did. My first tries didn't work out though.

10+ Year Old Account
    If anyone needs something to read, check out Slow Motion wo Mou Ichidou - diabetes inducing vanilla romance.

Quote Originally Posted by Enjeh View Post
    If anyone needs something to read, check out Slow Motion wo Mou Ichidou - diabetes inducing vanilla romance.
    why would i read it then?

Quote Originally Posted by AceofH View Post
    why would i read it then?
    Because sometimes you want less despair from your animus.

Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    bruh i linked it to you
    I am very sorry and i tend to skim read.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Really? o.O Holy shit.
    Their simulcast stuff is like that, anyways.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Enjeh View Post
    aka SukaSuka
    Which coincidentally means BitchBitch in Polish.