Poll: best designed class?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

What is the best designed class in legion?

Title.

Class design in legion seems super hit and miss, with classes like mage getting tons of nice attention, with classes like DK generally having poor QoL and averagish dps most of the expansion. What do you guys think is the best designed class and why?

Based on game play, not damage or survivability. I'd have to say enhancement shaman and fire mage are the top two dps specs. Brewmaster being the most fun tank, and mistweaver being the most fun healer.

I tend not to rank the classes by how effective they are. I'm a heroic raider only, so there is no stress to be the best class available, nor would I subscribe to such things. It's fun or bust for me.
    Quite often, the difference between an idiot and a genius is simply a matter of success rate.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really don't agree DKs have poor QoL. Apart from mobility (which blizzard clearly believes should be a weakness) 2 of the 3 DK specs are in the most fun state I think they've ever been in. Only Blood is in a poorer state then before, and some of it is just due to numbers.
    RIP Breath of Sindragosa - 23/06/2015 - The day fun died.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Saybel View Post
    I really don't agree DKs have poor QoL. Apart from mobility (which blizzard clearly believes should be a weakness) 2 of the 3 DK specs are in the most fun state I think they've ever been in. Only Blood is in a poorer state then before, and some of it is just due to numbers.
    for dk(well uh) outside mobility id say the festering wounds are/can be bit of anoyance.

I'm curious as to why you think that. I've mained DK this expansion and I think blizzard genuinely has no clue how Unholy and Blood work mechanically, and all of the changes to the specs tend to be absolute nonsense. Frost is the only spec that works on a mehcanical level, from my perspective.

7+ Year Old Account
    Right now I'm loving my arcmage and how the rotation flows. Aluneth is a hoot too lol. First time I did CoEN, thing was sh-tting its pants about Aegywnn.

I'm also liking my frost dk, really simple rotation (which I like for melee), good aoe between howling blast and ... i forget its name right now: the one that lasts a few seconds and slows everything. Took a talent that makes it last longer every time you do a howling blast during it. Gather up shttons of mobs, pop survival cooldowns, both aoes, kill all the things. Much fun.
    " The guilt of an unnecessary war is terrible." --- President John Adams
    " America goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy." --- President John Quincy Adams
    " Our Federal Union! It must be preserved!" --- President Andrew Jackson

it's hard to find any diamonds in the garbage that is legion class design, but i would choose the monk. windwalker survived the mass genocide of class fantasy and turned out to be a solid spec, brewmaster gameplay is becoming more appealing to the playerbase than at launch and at the very least has someone who's willing to talk directly to the players about the spec in detail. mistweaver needs help but i can't think of any other class in the game that has 2/3 solid specs, they killed so many this expac

Deleted
    Gnome hunter i think.

7+ Year Old Account
    I went with warrior ( prot) although issues they feel alot like a warrir should feel and used to from a healing perspective in 5's and /retired casual-esq /h content.

It certainly isn't priests, shadow has been a rollercoaster too the point I didn't [put 54 + in it.
    Holy keeps coming out mediocre, I feel like I have a tool for almost everything, but it just isn't enough.
    Disc is imo one of the better solo specs, but should be dropped fgrom PVE consideration in future xpacks all together. roll it back, it was always a pvp solo spec, and without absorbs ( which were boring to play besides maybe FL .. yeah scrap it,.

but healing warrior tanks as a holy priest. it feels like it should.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Havoc Demon Hunter

High mobility, fun rotation, cool 'class fantasy' and general appearance.

From a pure gameplay and fantasy point of view (no numbers) I'd have to say Rogue. Having a good time so far with Enhancement Shaman being 2nd and Fury Warrior being third.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cysia View Post
    for dk(well uh) outside mobility id say the festering wounds are/can be bit of anoyance.
    Better then NP, Festerblight and Festerblight 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowman 747 View Post
    I'm curious as to why you think that. I've mained DK this expansion and I think blizzard genuinely has no clue how Unholy and Blood work mechanically, and all of the changes to the specs tend to be absolute nonsense. Frost is the only spec that works on a mehcanical level, from my perspective.
    Blood is bad yes. For Unholy, the current version is more involved then smashing Festering Strike until your dots reach an arbitary number decided on which patch you are playing (usually 2 minutes, 1 minute 30 or the entire fight) and dumping SS with trinket procs/when dots are long enough and was far less engaging then having to prepare and pool for burst windows and manage your FS properly, the aspect of fishing for procs is still there with SoW anyway.

Breath Unholy was more engaging, sure. But it was basically based around having a specific trinket (VoCS) which you had to wear for an entire expac and it was only really fun for the 30s you had breath up and was quite annoying to play on fights without something to AMS/after the nerfed pinchwhistle fuel.

The biggest issue with Unholy is DC not hitting hard enough, it would be nice if it bursted wounds (or now when it generates them).
    RIP Breath of Sindragosa - 23/06/2015 - The day fun died.

10+ Year Old Account
    PVPwise Balance Druid,Frost Mage,WW Monk and Sublety/Outlaw Rogue.

But im not saying that they are balanced, class balance and class design is different things.

Class balance could be fixed by buffing/nerfing stat templates in PVP without touching design much.

I.e. Rogues have good design but when i kill them in Random BGs it feels like they are free kill when they main spells are CD, dunno if its because Rogues are played by alot new players or maybe simply Rogue template in PVP is underpowered.

Blood is bad yes. For Unholy, the current version is more involved then smashing Festering Strike until your dots reach an arbitary number decided on which patch you are playing (usually 2 minutes, 1 minute 30 or the entire fight) and dumping SS with trinket procs/when dots are long enough and was far less engaging then having to prepare and pool for burst windows and manage your FS properly, the aspect of fishing for procs is still there with SoW anyway.

Breath Unholy was more engaging, sure. But it was basically based around having a specific trinket (VoCS) which you had to wear for an entire expac and it was only really fun for the 30s you had breath up and was quite annoying to play on fights without something to AMS/after the nerfed pinchwhistle fuel.

The biggest issue with Unholy is DC not hitting hard enough, it would be nice if it bursted wounds (or now when it generates them).
    Let me reiterate. I main unholy and I don't think it's ever functional as a competititive spec due to incredibly poor design. Blizzard haven't decided how large a part they want Wounds to take, and Apocalypse, while being such a cool spell, has been nothing but problems due to Wounds. The tier 20 2piece is getting simmed out as a dps loss to have equipped, and the 4piece doesnt offer any dps unless the fight is longer than 5 minutes, at which point you're not gurenteed to get your full army duration before the boss dies.

Specs that don't use Necrosis are still proc fishing for Scourge of Worlds prior to SS/CS dumping when played optimally.

I would personally have old proc'n'dot from MoP or plague stack building from WoD over an incomplete spec. Cause that really is what it is, blizzard has no idea what they're doing with the spec. There's too many mechanics for blizzard to balance the gameplay of unholy. I would prefer they tune a lot of things back that don't directly impact gameplay, IE, removing Scourge of Worlds, reducing RNG, removing little resource gains, etc.

Deleted

well i liked np more then the wounds but thats just me i guess

I'm having fun with most classes and specs.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    I'm having fun with most classes and specs.
    Same. I found Elemental Shaman a bit disappointing and have been leveling my previously-Elemental Shaman as Enhancement instead (which is good fun). And I decided I didn't like Disc Priest for group healing (although I enjoy soloing with it). But no complaints about anything else I've tried.

I definitely enjoy healing as Holy Priest, definitely enjoy soloing and grouping as Outlaw Rogue, and probably most of all enjoy soloing and tanking as Vengeance DH. So I voted Demon Hunter in the poll.

It's kinda hard to bundle a whole class as good or bad, some specs are very different. Warriors for example Arms is an unfun rng mess, Fury on the other hand is probably one of the better designed specs (well base rotation anyway, execute doesn't really fit in very well to the rotation right now).

Some specs like Outlaw and even Assassination rogues can have rng dps swings of 100k or more from pull to pull, Which in my opinion isn't very fun or well designed.

While DHs have really interesting, unique mechanics like Infernal Strike, Fel Rush, Glide and Double Jump, I just can't get on board with calling Havoc well designed. Havoc gameplay feels completely hollow and boring outside of Metamorphosis, which is about 75% of the time playing them. Vengeance is a decently designed tank, particularly with talents like Soul Barrier, but considering just two specs, having one that completely sucks in my opinion I can't call them well designed.

For me it has to be Death Knight. They definitely have mobility issues, but their ability synergy and rotation are pretty enjoyable. They also have a lot of really fun buttons to press like Apocalypse, Sindragosa's Fury, Frostscythe, Popping Festering Wounds, Hook (Abom) and Consumption.

There are a few classes I haven't hit 110 with, but from the ones I've played so far - DK wins for me. Unholy is probably the best designed spec in the game atm.

Still leveling the rest of my alts but at the moment the best ones are MM Hunter, Frost Mage and Dk.

Unholy dk seems they were trying to mix summoning with diseases but ended with 10% summon 90% Diseases, idk i didn't like Unholy that much.

Blood Dk is really fun, nothing more to say.

Frost Dk, is perfect, a lot of talents that create different playstyles, perfect artifact traits for PvP and the best Artifact quest.
    Mage Tower Final Result:
    Dk:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:1/3 Dh:2/2 Warlock:3/3 Hunter: 3/3 Priest:3/3 Paladin:3/3 Warrior: 3/3 Rogue:3/3 Shaman:3/3 Monk:3/3 Druid: 4/4