Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Fascinate View Post
    If your laptop has a 5ghz band why would you even attempt to use 2.4ghz O.o.
    Read 4 posts up maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by noobj View Post
    Read 4 posts up maybe?
    Does your router have beamforming? Really helps to increase 5ghz signal range.

Quote Originally Posted by Fascinate View Post
    Does your router have beamforming? Really helps to increase 5ghz signal range.
    Sadly no, its only a d5. I think the Archer d9 has beamforming

If you were interested in a router upgrade this is the one id grab:
    https://www.amazon.com/NETGEAR-Night...forming+router

Whoa that also has a 20 dollar "coupon", dunno what that is but for 90 bucks that thing is a steal.
    Last edited by Fascinate; 2017-04-12 at 02:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by noobj View Post
    It came with a killer 1535 card that was giving me all sorts of problems so I bought an intel 7265 card and swapped it. Had no issues for 2 years till now.

Setting the 2.4ghz to channel 6 works. Posting from my laptop now on the 2.4ghz network. Not sure what would have caused this issue to surface.

The reason I prefer to run it on 2.4ghz instead of 5ghz is because I move around the house quite a bit with my laptop depending on where I feel like using it and the 5ghz network does not cover as wide an area and I am not able to get the 5ghz wifi to reach some areas of the house, whereas the 2.4ghz can easily reach the whole house.
    I'm not really sure either. I'd be safe and buy another cheap router from walmart and see if that solves the problem, whether or not or does or doesn't just take it back for a refund. If it didn't, do the same thing with a wireless card. If neither are the issue, somehow, you could get a range extender and just always stick to 5ghz. Have you updated your firmware on the router recently?