Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    You're delusional. Subs climbed through vanilla because the game was new. Flying did nothing to the subs, positive or negative, that's measurable. If so... why were subs lower than ever before when they stopped reporting them. Why didn't the removal of flight bring all the no fly people back? Simple - because you're a tiny minority.
    Exactly.

Subs climbed and peaked during expansions with flying. Related to the life cycle of the game rather than its features I'd be willing to bet.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    So you're you saying, then, that flight is completely incidental to popularity ? You've painted yourself into a corner.
    I'm saying what is true, regardless of your misreadings, that expansions which were positively received, had flying just fine. Period.

I haven't "painted myself into a corner" other than in your mind. Have fun with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    Before you know it we will be RP walking for half the expansion; UNLOCK RUNNING!
    It's more immersive though, why would we be running everywhere? I think at the very least they should add stamina bars, and we should have to feed our mounts or else they die and get removed from our mount list.

Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    Are they reaching out to the millions that left game because they took away something
    LOL MILLIONS. It always amuses me when the pro flying crowd make flying out to be far more important than it actually is, especially when it historically hasn't made a damn lick of difference in sub numbers at all.
    Khadgar: Prepare to heroically CTRL-E through the portal with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky View Post
    yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    QUICKLY FRIENDS, TO THE HYPERBOLEMOBILE!

Quote Originally Posted by Doomchicken View Post
    LOL MILLIONS. It always amuses me when the pro flying crowd make flying out to be far more important than it actually is, especially when it historically hasn't made a damn lick of difference in sub numbers at all.
    None of us has any form of insight into what makes people leave or return. It's the same rhetoric as "the game would've had millions more players had it never allowed flying!!!"...

Pretty sure that their handling of flying in WoD, was the straw that broke the camel's back for many players though. Same as how 6.1 was the final straw for some, and Apexis bonus objectives were the straw for yet more.

I doubt "millions" leave or return for ANY single reason though, people tend to be more complex than that.

It makes sense, it's a popular feature that a lot of people care about. Doesn't matter if they like it or not, if they think it'll get them more income they'll advertise it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Exactly. Couldn't agree more.

- - - Updated - - -

That's nice and all, apart from a minor detail; I haven't attributed the popularity of those expansions to flying, I've pointed to the FACT that those expansions had flying (from max level) and people were able to be immersed and enjoy the content all the same.

Maybe L2R?
    Exactly.

Subs climbed and peaked during expansions with flying. Related to the life cycle of the game rather than its features I'd be willing to bet.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm saying what is true, regardless of your misreadings, that expansions which were positively received, had flying just fine. Period.

I haven't "painted myself into a corner" other than in your mind. Have fun with that.

lol you're just like someone who links to some fake news and says, "Thoughts ?"

You can't keep saying subs peaked in xpacs w/ flying while also maintaining you're not implying anything when you keep repeating that.

*states X 100 times* Oh it's not about X tho

lmao
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Deleted
    Content has been finished for months, besides the recent addition to the broken shore, and whatever is new after that point is going to be trivial regardless of flying.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    lol you're just like someone who links to some fake news and says, "Thoughts ?"

You can't keep saying subs peaked in xpacs w/ flying while also maintaining you're not implying anything when you keep repeating that.

*states X 100 times* Oh it's not about X tho

lmao
    You really hate being wrong, don't you?

Again, since you seem to struggle; Expansions that were well-received and are now considered the best out of them in most polls, allowed flying. YOU reading into that that I'm "attributing success to the flying feature", is a you problem.

Or are you saying that it's "fake news" to say that expansions such as TBC and WOTLK usually lead in iterations of the game which most people tend to remember as the best?

"Implying" is in your own mind, I'd love for you to link me to the post where I placed the credit for expansion's being well-received solely on flying. I'll wait. You're like the SD politician downright making up shit about what someone said and then saying "it was implied though..." when he's proven wrong.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2017-04-12 at 12:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini Soul View Post
    The only way flying ever trivialized content is when a Xpac launches and people are lvling with flying. That is why how MoP did it was perfect, can fly as soon as you hit max lvl and how it should always be.
    Yeah. Maybe unlock it about a month into the xpack so people don't feel compelled to level up as fast as possible to get flying and trivialize things like story content (think Suramar) and tradeskills, but Pathfinder isn't a great model. ''You can have flying... when you've grinded enough that you don't need it that much anymore!!''. Uh, thanks I guess.

At the very least, the content for Pathfinder should exist at release. So in Legion, completing Part 1 should have enabled flying.

Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    Yeah man... flying sucks for the game. It trivializes content. It allows you to miss all out hard work and miss experiencing the game as we intended.

Oh... hey! Earn flying in WoW... It's an AWESOME feature we have added because it's so desired.
    We've already experienced the game as intended over the course of the last seven months, you fool.

Guess what? Being level 110 trivializes level 100 content. Doesn't matter. We experienced it as intended when level 100 was the cap.

They are 100% correct ... flying is like a sugar laden soft drink, full of yummy instant tasty sugar - but ultimately very bad for the game.

However - so many people demanded it, which by definition means it is a feature (i.e. something people want).

So OP - there is no inconsistency there at all.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    They are 100% correct ... flying is like a sugar laden soft drink, full of yummy instant tasty sugar - but ultimately very bad for the game.

However - so many people demanded it, which by definition means it is a feature (i.e. something people want).

So OP - there is no inconsistency there at all.
    Would love to know in which ways it's "bad for the game".

Not that I expect anything new to be added on top of the already repeated tropes where people just took what developers said during WoD at face value, forgetting everything else in the process.

Guess anything can be labeled as being "bad for the game" if one just disagrees with it enough. I remember when pet battles were going to "kill the game since people would figure out how desperate the developers are and they're out of ideas!"...
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2017-04-12 at 12:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    Your analogy would only work if OJ had partially killed his wife, seen that her family were mostly okay with that, threatened to kill her all the way, listened to the family explain why they wouldn't like that before finally finding a compromise where she would be dead for part of the time but alive again after a while.

Also the analogy only works if you have zero concept of human emotions.
    Oh crap... hurt feelings... time to find you a safe space. People are very emotional about WoW... just saying.

Deleted
    I haven't had a problem with not being able to fly. In fact now that I can fly I find myself missing out on the game experience in the world as I just skip by. I mean, it's time efficient and all, but is it needed? No, most definitely not.

Would love to know in which ways it's "bad for the game".
    That's like trying to explain why oxygen is good for humans - the answer is so blatantly obvious.

Last night my druid alt got flying courtesy of my main getting the PFII.

Logged on and just flew around and cherry picked content, completed quests without even landing ... it is no longer an adventure, but rather just checking stuff off a list.

In a single player game the solution would be simple - for me not to fly. Problem is - in an MMORPG, me flying or not flying is no longer a choice, if I want to participate - then I fly. If everyone else around you is running, and you try and walk - you get run over.

To me - flying is something that should be provided to old content, or with the last patch of the expansion.

But - what I want is just what I want, Flying is here and I am flying .... certainly tastes sweet, like an endless supply of jelly beans.

You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.

That's like trying to explain why oxygen is good for humans - the answer is so blatantly obvious.

Last night my druid alt got flying courtesy of my main getting the PFII.

Logged on and just flew around and cherry picked content, completed quests without even landing ... it is no longer an adventure, but rather just checking stuff off a list.

In a single player game the solution would be simple - for me not to fly. Problem is - in an MMORPG, me flying or not flying is no longer a choice, if I want to participate - then I fly. If everyone else around you is running, and you try and walk - you get run over.

To me - flying is something that should be provided to old content, or with the last patch of the expansion.

But - what I want is just what I want, Flying is here and I am flying .... certainly tastes sweet, like an endless supply of jelly beans.
    You trying to tell me that it's an "adventure" riding through the same ground area for the 1000nd time?

Sorry, that doesn't fly. People already cherry-pick content they want to do, doesn't change one way or another. Or are you completing world content you have no interest in simply because you're grounded? Really? I'd love to know which quests you were able to complete without even going down to the ground though. Druids might be able to pick up items without going out of their forms, but completing objectives without being on the ground when most quests require you to kill shit? ... I don't buy it.

I'd love to know how flying is bad for the game for a fact, please. Attributing shit that happens no matter how you travel (sense of routine, knowing the lay of the land, burnout) to flying is exactly the sort of rhetoric Blizzard used during WoD. Kool-aid.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2017-04-12 at 12:55 AM.

You trying to tell me that it's an "adventure" riding through the same ground area for the 1000nd time?
    As I said - the problem is blatantly obvious, if you can't see the obvious - then no further explanation will help.
    Last edited by schwarzkopf; 2017-04-12 at 12:58 AM.

As I said - the problem is blatantly obvious, if you can't see the obvious - then no further explanation will help.

So that's your best argument for "flying being bad for the game"? That it's "obvious" but you can't further explain it?
    And what about those quests you were able to finish without landing?

As expected. No wonder you people couldn't make Blizzard hold on to the "flying is gone in current content for good"-idea.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2017-04-12 at 01:00 AM.

So that's your best argument for "flying being bad for the game"?
    No - that's my commentary on the fact that you can't see the obvious thus there is no point trying to explain further.

You ignored the post before that where the ACTUAL explanation was provided.

Deleted
    Almost as stupid as removing talents/abilities and... HEY look what you can earn at honor rank 46! Something you had for several years already. HOW exciting!