Page 80 of 94 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich View Post
    While it sucks getting bumped off of the flight, and it's understandable you'd never want to do business with that airline again, the "doctor" seemed like an asshole lol. I really haven't read up on the guy but it's hard to believe a doctor would be screaming like this in public and then talking about how people are out to kill him. The outrage from this incident is kind of laughable though. I can understand people being upset about him getting kicked off of the plane, but then to pretend United "beat him up" is pretty bizarre, considering all they did was ask for the airport police, who removed the man. And it's tough to ignore the fact that the guy got injured because 3 cops had to forcibly move him from his seat, obviously they weren't trying to beat the guy up, rather actually just get him out of the seat. Now people are trying to go some weird racial angle with this.... so who was racist... the black cops? No, people are blaming United lol.
    Of course people are blaming United. They're the ones responsible for this mess.

Quote Originally Posted by Syld View Post
    It's funny to see how much this scalated, it's even on TV news in my 3rd world country. The airline has probably lost way more money than what they won by overbooking on the last years.
    It is ridiculous, considering that people are bumped due to overbooking each and every day. One of the things that made this incident different is the MSM chose to sensationalize it. And the uninformed people fell for it hook line and sinker.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Of course people are blaming United. They're the ones responsible for this mess.
    The thing is the asian guy had his hand in greatly exacerbating a problem which is not uncommon on airplanes.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWalkinDude View Post
    I know I want to live in a world where they can't remove someone from a plane. Enforcing the law is automatically an homage to nazi Germany! Justice is whatever I deem it to be at the time. I know in communist China they never ask someone to give up their seat! Only in capitalist countries!
    Yeah. Our entire society would collapse if we required corporations to treat their customers like human beings. Because clearly all choices in how society is run are ultimately reducible to a choice between Mad Max and Midgar.

Ask yourself why you're OK with the police acting at the behest of corporations rather than the people.
    Banned from Twitter by Elon, so now I'm your problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brexitexit View Post
    I am the total opposite of a cuck.

Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich View Post
    The thing is the asian guy had his hand in greatly exacerbating a problem which is not uncommon on airplanes.
    The fact that this is considered to be not uncommon is a problem in and of itself and it's about damn time someone stood up to the abuses of the airline industry.

Quote Originally Posted by Zython View Post
    Ask yourself why you're OK with the police acting at the behest of corporations rather than the people.
    Agree. They had no reason to punch him (as we can saw this in one of many videos made by other people in a airplane), they did not had problem with overbooking - they just wanted to put 4 employees on this flight (which is not specified in ToS when you buy ticket that you can be kick out from the airplane if employees of United need to go somewhere). Well they treated their client as shit/meatbag so now a lot of other people will just pass on using their airlines (and they already lost a lot).

What should United have done? Let the mentally disturbed man -snip- remain after creating a scene and asking someone else to leave? That's not how this works.
    Creating a scene? LOL

Also please read fucking rules about flights with United, so you will find out that they do not have there anything about kicking out people from airplane if they need to put some employees on it. Only way they can remove someone from flight is when overbooking is in play - it wasn't the case.

Oh btw I really hope situation like this happen to you, and you will leave airplane like a good dog. Hopefully you will lose some money and a lot of time in process.
    Last edited by Alexeht; 2017-04-12 at 02:44 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Men are NOT suffering societal hardships due to being male. That doesn't exist in most 1st world countries.

The police enforce the law.
    And as we all know, the law was made by perfect flawless deities.

They're not there to ignore the law and enforce your warped view of social justice.
    As yes, my warped view of "corporations using the police state to assault people is wrong".

United fucked up letting 4 passengers board knowing they'd have to accommodate the 4 United personnel they needed to fly as to not inconvenience the 100 passengers on that flight and whomever else would be impacted after. That doesn't negate that when they told that man he had to leave, he had no right to protest and refuse to deplane. At that point, airport police had no other option than to forcefully remove him.
    Sure they did. They could have, you know, NOT assaulted him. Or ask someone else, like the other (white) people they asked without beating up. Or offered more money to change flights.

Any injury or harm are direct results of his refusal to comply. His behavior isn't acceptable, which is why this event is totally rare.
    Yes, it is totally unacceptable to say "wait, this is bullshit" to being mistreated.

What should United have done? Let the mentally disturbed man (no sane person would scream and behave like that, and his past behavior supports that position) remain after creating a scene and asking someone else to leave?
    Yeah, what kind of madman would protest having his head smashed into an armrest? Most people LIKE being mugged.

That's not how this works. Maybe if you put more emphasis on being a good person and not being a completely self involved and narcissistic prick like the passenger, you'd see how wrong the passenger was and his role as the instigator and sole culprit.
    Apparently, being a good person is letting corporations and the state trample over the rights of others while you look away and pretend nothing is wrong.
    Banned from Twitter by Elon, so now I'm your problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brexitexit View Post
    I am the total opposite of a cuck.

I fly several times a month. I've seen it all. Lost bags, cancelled flights, bumped, stranded, etc. It's part of flying and it's happened on every continent except Africa. The guy was a fool and will forever be embarrassed. Anyone who justifies his behavior isn't a mature or responsible adult.
    And everyone bashing this guy is mindless zombie sheep. Especially after what I wrote here, looks like even you did not take a moment to read ToS of United Airlines ...

Damn people this days, no empathy at all.
    Last edited by Alexeht; 2017-04-12 at 03:23 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Men are NOT suffering societal hardships due to being male. That doesn't exist in most 1st world countries.

7+ Year Old Account
    Looks like United is getting dragged over the coals. A letter from the Senate transportation committee demanding an explanation, the ceo having to redo his halfassed "apology", and United stock dropped 4% in one day. Not to mention the twitterstorm and people calling for a boycott of the airline.

I hope it gets worse for them. Overbooking is a shady as f practice, and should be outlawed.
    " The guilt of an unnecessary war is terrible." --- President John Adams
    " America goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy." --- President John Quincy Adams
    " Our Federal Union! It must be preserved!" --- President Andrew Jackson

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    None of those things are relevant to what happened even if true.

- - - Updated - - -

Jail time for what?

- - - Updated - - -

Overbooking isn't the problem.... why don't people get that?
    Overbooking isnt the problem, being able to force bump people is the problem. The airline creates the problem, make them pay what it takes to fix the problem.

Jail time for what?
    Apparently getting his face bashed in wasn't enough. He needs to see jail time for the awful crime of sitting in a seat he paid to sit in.

10+ Year Old Account
    Which would be to actually make them follow certain procedures if they decide to use overbooking like most competent airlines do.
    The required (and only allowed) procedure should be "Offer higher bribes until enough people accept".

Jail time for what?
    Questioning our Corporate overlords of course!

#THISISMAGA?
    Quote Originally Posted by lakers01 View Post
    Those damn liberal colleges! Can you believe they brainwash people into thinking murder is wrong! And don't get me started with all that critical thinking bullshit!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    I'm being trickled on from above. Wait that's not money.

Quote Originally Posted by Kantalope View Post
    Forcibly removing someone after saying "if you do not remove yourself, we will have to forcibly remove you" is assault?
    It is if they beat him bloody in the process.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kantalope View Post
    Would you prefer a forced hitch-hiker as an analogy?
    Hitch-hikers do not buy tickets.

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    What would you do if you had to be somewhere and you were chosen to be removed from the flight?

How in the hell with computers today, do you overbook a flight? I see it happen all the time.

Another source - http://www.kcci.com/article/video-sh...flight/9254661
    hm what a lucky dude - its murica so he will for sure sue them for milions of $$$ and they will want to settle asap to fix this PR nightmare

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    1. Wrong
    2. He served his time and has his license back
    3. If you don't think there was a better way to handle it, I have news for you, you're wrong again.
    So u wouldn't mind having him yourself as a doctor? YEAH RIGHT

Quote Originally Posted by Warhoof View Post
    So u wouldn't mind having him yourself as a doctor? YEAH RIGHT
    Considering his crime seems to be receiving sexual favors in exchange for drugs and nothing to do with his actual ability as a doctor, then no, I wouldn't mind having him as a doctor if I needed someone with his specialty.

Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post
    Very few are.

Most are wondering why the person defied lawful orders from a police officer. Considering he was a convicted felon, he should have known what would happen. And being on a plane post 9/11 of all places.
    Most are also wondering whether you are refusing to process information that these were not police officers or are merely incapable of doing so.

"...if the airline needed backup to handle a recalcitrant or unruly passenger, that should have been provided by Chicago Police officers, who were just minutes away when the viral video was taken, Zalewski said."

What a shitty practice.