10+ Year Old Account
    Galaxy MV4478-87, Vontos cluster, Alpha Prime
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    That said, I think Drack is exceptionally old, even for a Krogan.
    Christpoher Lee-legend-level

10+ Year Old Account
    started up a newgame+ wish you got to see alec more then you did in the actual game, and not just his voice and hands

girlfriend said the eye color she selected matches my RL one. a lot more prominent then i thought
    Omians- 70 Troll Enhancement shaman, Emerald Dream

Krogans are built like living tanks with organ reduntancies and ability to eat almost anything and able to survive in almost anywhere. With physiology like that, its no wonder they live long, unless hit with a shotgun between the eyes.

That said, I think Drack is exceptionally old, even for a Krogan.
    Yeah, and it's why I'm not a fan of the Asari's lifespan. With Krogans, it's explained by their ridiculously sturdy biology and redundant organs. Asari don't really possess such quirks, beyond being skilled Biotics, yet they somehow live for close to a millennium? I find that slightly arbitrary. It's not a big deal or anything, but it seems to have been purely done because they're the resident space elves and elves live long, thus Asari live long.

In other news, holy shit the Black Widow is powerful in SP. I managed to get it by buying materials at the on-ship shop right after leaving Eos, and it lays waste to most everything, having the same characteristics as the starting Viper but double the damage. I also decided to start with Havarl this time, mostly because I know there are those mineral caches lying around that have loads of precious metals in them so I can get to crafting more of the shit I want ASAP.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just got eaten by a fiend . . . immediately after hitting charge. WTF.

And no, I wasn't charging it, I was charging some stupid anointed to get away from it.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    Yeah, and it's why I'm not a fan of the Asari's lifespan. With Krogans, it's explained by their ridiculously sturdy biology and redundant organs. Asari don't really possess such quirks, beyond being skilled Biotics, yet they somehow live for close to a millennium? I find that slightly arbitrary. It's not a big deal or anything, but it seems to have been purely done because they're the resident space elves and elves live long, thus Asari live long.
    One thing to consider is that the Protheans did interefere with the Asari's natural development. According to Javik he says they taught them numbers among other things if you take him to Thessia in ME3. I'd expect that the Protheans changed the Asari in some way as well while they were at it, possibly engineering an entirely new subject race that they could use to cultivate the strongest Prothean (Remember, all races in the Empire were Prothean, not just the original race), similar to the Kett but by design, rather than evolution.

But yes, short of that they're basically space elves who are masters of space magic.

10+ Year Old Account
    i think the asari have their lifespan thanks to their species evolving on their Ezo Rich world.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Omians View Post
    i think the asari have their lifespan thanks to their species evolving on their Ezo Rich world.
    And because of Prothean tech. Remember the VI we found on Thessia their government had been using secretly?
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    And because of Prothean tech. Remember the VI we found on Thessia their government had been using secretly?
    There's a tiny bit more to it than that: https://youtu.be/qK6U0ZisDYk?t=19m51s

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post

In other news, holy shit the Black Widow is powerful in SP. I managed to get it by buying materials at the on-ship shop right after leaving Eos, and it lays waste to most everything, having the same characteristics as the starting Viper but double the damage. I also decided to start with Havarl this time, mostly because I know there are those mineral caches lying around that have loads of precious metals in them so I can get to crafting more of the shit I want ASAP.
    Asari can manipulate genes at a cellular level (or something like that). That's why they can breed with any species and sustain their own race with just "females". Their aren't as resilient as Krogan but their DNA is just as stable. And they are pretty much radioactive.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    There's a tiny bit more to it than that: https://youtu.be/qK6U0ZisDYk?t=19m51s

IIRC, the Goddess Athame was actually either the prothean beacon, or an actual prothean and they got most of their knowledge from it.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    im going to guess they will add more companion skills in DLCs or something. at level 60 everyone has points in everything and i cant spend anything more

im going to guess they will add more companion skills in DLCs or something. at level 60 everyone has points in everything and i cant spend anything more
    I hope they add more for ryder as well. Looking at some of the things in multiplayer... I'd love more toggle based things like annihilation. Fortification, ascension, rage, etc in multiplayer would be nice to add in as well.

edit:

as for how Drack seems so old... I just assumed he was more of a dedicated fighter type guy rather than a scholar or whatever.
    Last edited by mickybrighteyes; 2017-04-12 at 02:45 AM.

Not Prothean tech, but Protheans. Take Javik to the Thessia mission and he corrects every Asari legend they have about Athena. "We taught you that.... and that... and that... deflected that meteor... and manipulated your genes to boost your biotics... primitives ಠಠ_ಠಠ "

10+ Year Old Account
    Not Prothean tech, but Protheans. Take Javik to the Thessia mission and he corrects every Asari legend they have about Athena. "We taught you that.... and that... and that... deflected that meteor... and manipulated your genes to boost your biotics... primitives ಠಠ_ಠಠ "
    I thought I remembered him saying something about Protheans wanting to uplift Asari to fight the Reapers?
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought I remembered him saying something about Protheans wanting to uplift Asari to fight the Reapers?
    yeah something about them being the hope to beat the Reapers after they are gone

also replying the game after they fixed Addison's face. sooo much better no more " tired" face

Dunno about for the purpose of fighting the Reapers, but they definetly were uplifting them. Most likely before the whole Reaper shitstorm hit the Galaxy. I doubt they had time or resources for that particular project after the Citadel was taken over by the Reapers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dunno about for the purpose of fighting the Reapers, but they definetly were uplifting them. Most likely before the whole Reaper shitstorm hit the Galaxy. I doubt they had time or resources for that particular project after the Citadel was taken over by the Reapers.
    The wiki says that the Asari were their failsafe

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    Galaxy MV4478-87, Vontos cluster, Alpha Prime
    also replying the game after they fixed Addison's face. sooo much better no more " tired" face
    Yeah her first dialogue with her is way much better to the point i started symphatize with her..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveL View Post
    Yeah her first dialogue with her is way much better to the point i started symphatize with her..
    To my surprise Addison lightens up a bit when you build your 'not an outpost' on Havarl.

- - - Updated - - -

ಠಠ_ಠಠ
    This is amazing.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

10+ Year Old Account
    I always just assumed that after so much shit happened on the Nexus pre-Ark. Addison was just exhausted all the time. Went into full resting bitch face mode. I didn't blame her, especially when it comes to having Tann always at every opportunity tell you that he is the boss.