Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Angry Warlock metamorphosis is still cannon

When you acquire Kanrethad Ebonlocke and assign him as your bodyguard, he will periodically activate Demon Within transforming himself in to our ex-meta form. So it appears that warlock's metamorphosis was not scraped as a cannon and that it still exists. Do you think we will get it back some day, or is it just Blizzard's way of mocking us?

I don't think warlocks would get it back, but I do think that some sort of cool down that would infuse the caster with demonic power (Like horns / wings - but not a full form) could add some cool flavor.

7+ Year Old Account
    can we get a glyph, to get a form like shadow priests please? I just want us to have metamorph back as a form so we can speak demonic and look cool again

or have a glyph that allows us to enter a form where we gain wings, horns, claws, and the glows and such

well were at it can we
    A. get more pet glyphs
    B. just turn enslave demon into tame beast? like cant we just go out and choose our demons plz, have them each fit into different "classes" like dreadlords and inquisitors into doomguard, abyssals into infernals, inquisitor eyes and fel imps into imps (including glyphs or whatever to change the minions demo summons like inquisitor eyes instead of imps, or bone flame dogs instead of dreadstalkers)
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Kanrethad was banished when the class changes went through, so he was obviously immune to them.

Alternative answer: Plenty of NPCs exhibit abilities that are old and/or atypical, so it's not particularly out of place.

I imagine there's some key flavor text we're missing from the quest chain that addresses this.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

well his master was illidan so yeah

Homophobia is so gay.

To be fair, the Paladins have a follower that is a Night Elf Paladin but I don't see NE Paladins available to players.
    Last edited by Selah; 2017-04-11 at 11:56 PM.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    can we get a glyph, to get a form like shadow priests please? I just want us to have metamorph back as a form so we can speak demonic and look cool again

or have a glyph that allows us to enter a form where we gain wings, horns, claws, and the glows and such
    I don't main warlocks, I just felt in love with demono warlocks and felguards in BC (yup particularly this demon) and I leveled a girly (a human warlock female) for this back then (she now is level 100).

So I do/did not need demon form for my alt, I only need my felguard, but the suggestion above would be cool imo and not go against Demon Hunters concept, which is the source of the problem of course.

Basically Demonology warlocks would be allowed to have a perma demon form with no additional effects, while DH would have a burst demon form (with additional effects). So both can work at the same time. Agreeing thus with FelPlague.

The game anyway needs MORE custom-appearance-glyphes NOW, - alliance paladins need another glyph for their charger because now you summon your blue horse and it is blue without the choice of being a different color and this is not pretty if your transmog is not blue but red or green^^ -, for example....^^

Cheers, don't give up.
    Last edited by Aleax; 2017-04-12 at 12:31 AM.

I always thought it would be cool to give us a demonic possession ability where our demon possesses us giving us a buff and changing our appearance to look similar to the demon that possessed us.

Imp possession gives us some imp horns
    Voidwalker possession gives us the gold bracelets and purple glowing eyes
    Fel Hunter possession gives us those tentacle things growing from our back
    Succubus possession gives us the succubus' wings, tail, and horns
    Felguard possession gives us his spikes on his back and red eyes
    Doomguard possession gives us the Doomguard wings
    Infernal Possession makes us stone with a fel fire aura

So rather than using metamorphosis to bring out the demon within, we use possession to empower us with the demon without as it were.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lythelia View Post
    To be fair, the Paladins have a follower that is a Night Elf Paladin but I don't see NE Paladins available to players.
    yet . . . :P

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    I wouldn't call a follower ability proof or disproof something being canon. Anyone can become a demon or gain demonic features if they get infused with enough fel energy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ilir View Post
    well his master was illidan so yeah
    He didn't work for Illidan or learn under him. He just picked up some of illidan's abilities through observation.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Quote Originally Posted by Vynny View Post
    I always thought it would be cool to give us a demonic possession ability where our demon possesses us giving us a buff and changing our appearance to look similar to the demon that possessed us.

So rather than using metamorphosis to bring out the demon within, we use possession to empower us with the demon without as it were.
    This is also an alternative "demon form" which is not the DH demon form, neat idea. Blizz, come on, make it real.

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    He didn't work for Illidan or learn under him. He just picked up some of illidan's abilities through observation.
    And did a poor job of it since we had to fight and banish him until we siphoned most of his fel energy away with those crystals.

It would be nice if they either gave it back to Warlocks or made a third Demon Hunter spec that properly uses Metamorphosis as a fully fleshed out mechanic. I didn't mind the idea of taking it away from Warlocks in theory, but the fact that it's just a pretty generic DPS/tanking cooldown for Demon Hunters is super lame. It feels like a very shallow reason for overhauling Demonology so significantly.

7+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

yet . . . :P
    this is what sacrifice should have been
    imp also should give clawed hands and a tail

but yeah i love this kinda idea...
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Yes, a million times yes, sounds awsome, tho it's waaaaaay to high a skillcap for blizz, they don't realy like players using cooldowns skillfully to create a large damage gap so if it gets done, it'd be more cosmetic with a %dmg increase

Quote Originally Posted by Beckers View Post
    I don't think warlocks would get it back, but I do think that some sort of cool down that would infuse the caster with demonic power (Like horns / wings - but not a full form) could add some cool flavor.
    Sure some cool flavour, definetly ... aaaaand also you know, A COOLDOWN , like every other dps have compared to our lame ass single target turret common to all specs, that'd be nice to

Deleted
    I also like how when I changed to Warlock/Demo in 5.2 we had ranged autoattacks during meta, until they removed that because too many bugs I guess.

Tbh I just want old Meta style Demo back. #salty

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    I wouldn't call a follower ability proof or disproof something being canon. Anyone can become a demon or gain demonic features if they get infused with enough fel energy.

- - - Updated - - -

Well the undead lady tells us "after his master [Illidan] died" so...

Homophobia is so gay.

7+ Year Old Account
    tbh id go crazy if we get the tank glyph back we had, back in mop? =D

7+ Year Old Account
    The only reason why we no longer have Meta is because they wanted to give it to Demon Hunters and to Demon Hunters only. They chose to give the cool shit to DHs, not to Warlocks. We got the short end of the stick, end of story.

i'd say it's still canon that warlocks can do this. but the practice has probably fallen out of favor with mainstream warlocks because of what it did to kanrethad.