Thread: Affixes Week 15

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

Affixes Week 15

Any news from our fellow US players on which m+ affixes are active this week?

Quote Originally Posted by Socronoss View Post
    Any news from our fellow US players on which m+ affixes are active this week?
    We won't know for sure until the reset. I haven't seen a proven list of affix rotations yet for 7.2
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven? Behold, now, the terrible vengeance of the Forsaken!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimson View Post
    We won't know for sure until the reset. I haven't seen a proven list of affix rotations yet for 7.2
    oops, forgot the time difference Reset should be at 09:00, but is that pacific or eastern?

Reset here in EST is at 11.
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven? Behold, now, the terrible vengeance of the Forsaken!

Bolstering/Grievous.

Teeming Bolstering Fortified
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Bolstering, Greivous (new overflowing), and Tyrannical. Simple week if your healer has half a brain.

How on earth does Grievous go live after they admitted that Overflowing was a mistake?

Such a nonsensical affix.

Sounds like a total pain in the butt. I feel like overflowing just didn't do well enough to keep up with the other affixes

Quote Originally Posted by dnicks17 View Post
    How on earth does Grievous go live after they admitted that Overflowing was a mistake?

Such a nonsensical affix.
    Overflowing was removed because it was completely imbalanced among the different healing classes. It was trivial for any healing class with HoTs and brutal for healers without them, specifically Holy Paladins. They removed it and replaced it with something that should affect all healers equally instead, Grievous. Well perhaps it won't affect Discipline Priests as much as other classes but its much more balanced than overflowing.
    Last edited by Dukibritches; 2017-04-11 at 10:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dukibritches View Post
    Overflowing was removed because it was completely imbalanced among the different healing classes. It was trivial for any healing class with HoTs and brutal for healers without them, specifically Holy Paladins. They removed it and replaced it with something that should affect all healers equally instead, Grievous. Well perhaps it won't affect Discipline Priests as much as other classes but its much more balanced than overflowing.
    Grievous is no more balanced than Overflowing though.

It's a little better for classes in the middle, but it's just as trivial for druids and actually more challenging than Overflowing was for paladins.

Overflowing at least made some sense too. Avoiding overhealing is something you want to do.

Grievous just promotes mindlessly overhealing.
    Last edited by dnicks17; 2017-04-11 at 10:39 PM.

It's a little better for classes in the middle, but it's just as trivial for druids and actually more challenging than Overflowing was for paladins.

Overflowing at least made some sense too. Avoiding overhealing is something you want to do.

Nothing is more broken than Overflowing was. When I get punished because a tank self healed to full right before my heal lands on him/her and they end up with a 3+ million overflowing debuff then its just flat out broken. At least with this affix it prevents getting punished in the event that a self healing tank actually plays his class correctly.

On the surface this affix doesn't seem to be too painful as a Holy Paladin considering I can easily nuke a whole group to full very quickly using Beacon of Virtue. I have yet to try it on my Holy Paladin but when I have I'll come back and update this post with my thoughts.
    Last edited by Dukibritches; 2017-04-11 at 10:48 PM.

yes and no. Grievous applies a stacking % dot. so if there are group wide dmg going out, quickly topping everyone up past 90% in super important. Druids will struggle with that the most (well... maybe Mist weaver......). Druids are great at applying hots on players and knowing they will eventually get back up to full since no more dmg is going out. But with the affix Dot, it might require more healing output for druids over even a shammy.

P.s. I'm not talking about keys at lower levels like +12 or less. I'm talking about when those unavoidable dmg starts hitting hard.

Basically, im just saying its not mindless over healing. It's about knowing what the priority heal and top up to reset the % Dot stacks.

Yes, druids will negate this affix in lower keys very easily. 9-2 they can just go through without a care in the world.

Paladins/Priests/Shaman are definitely the stronger healers for this affix. On higher keys (12+), the Grievous affix is generally about how quickly you can top your 3/4 group members after AoE damage goes out. In most M+ situations after AoE damage has gone out there isn't any more healing to be done. Therefore, quickly getting 2 or 3 players above the 90% threshold and then not having to worry about them is incredibly beneficial.

Resto Druids/Mistweavers are ok at stemming the bleeding from Grievous, but it usually costs them more mana/time to actually fully push players above the 90% threshold. This means that while 1 or 2 players are cleared of the Grievous debuff, the other two players are getting to 3/4 stacks of the debuff and becoming much harder for these classes to top.

Overall, the affix is less polarizing than Overflowing, but clearly rewards classes with strong burst healing.

Quote Originally Posted by Dukibritches View Post
    Nothing is more broken than Overflowing was. When I get punished because a tank self healed to full right before my heal lands on him/her and they end up with a 3+ million overflowing debuff then its just flat out broken. At least with this affix it prevents getting punished in the event that a self healing tank actually plays his class correctly.

On the surface this affix doesn't seem to be too painful as a Holy Paladin considering I can easily nuke a whole group to full very quickly using Beacon of Virtue. I have yet to try it on my Holy Paladin but when I have I'll come back and update this post with my thoughts.
    I thought the same, but there were quite a few instances where I couldn't get people topped by the end of Virtue and it was basically impossible to come back from.

This was a +12 Lower Kara though. I feel like that might be the worst place for the affix. Moroes and Maiden were both pretty violent with Garrote/Consecrated Ground DoTs.

15+ Year Old Account
    Man, my new 20% leech trait for whole group gon be so good for this
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Grievous for Disc is worse than Overflowing ever could be for Holy Paladin. I don't know how this made it past Week 1 PTR.

Overflowing was never hard for Holy Paladin? Why people say that. I mean just don't take beacon of virtue and actually triage heal, it was super easy, just like Grievous is super easy cause if you have half a brain as the other said, it is the easiest affix by far.

Have fun with the following Bosses when you're on a higher Tyrannical Key where bossfights last like 2minutes:
    Moroes/Maid
    2nd/3rd boss CoS
    1st/4th Boss CoEN
    Last boss EoA
    Possibly more but thats the worst I can think off with Grevious.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by styil View Post
    Grievous for Disc is worse than Overflowing ever could be for Holy Paladin. I don't know how this made it past Week 1 PTR.
    Because you have the option to go holy for the week. Holy paladins had the choice of either sucking it up or not playing that week.