Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Nighthuntress Syrenne

Nighthuntress Syrenne is the new Champion with x2 modes: Bodyguard and Support. In support she is hidden and has a chance to appear.

How do you use her and why?

I will make her my gold support follower. Always hidden but always there to give me free gold from wq's. Also going with the perk to get 7 followers so i can have 2 of each spec + Syrenne as a follower at all times.

I was really surprised by how good of a bodyguard she makes.

In bodyguard mode she does remarkable damage, particularly in AoE with the arcane traps. Far outpacing both Rexxar and Addie.

In support mode she'll disappear which is perfect for those moments when you don't want your bodyguard to get stuck fighting people/mobs. Apparently she's suppose to come out and do some kind of high damage move once in a while, but I haven't actually seen her do this once yet. My guess is that this is bugged.

I'll likely stuff her with some +gold / resource items i have lying around and make her my permanent bodyguard. Though her counters are pretty solid as well for missions, but those roles are not completely mutually exclusive.

Quote Originally Posted by Chipskinesen View Post
    I will make her my gold support follower. Always hidden but always there to give me free gold from wq's. Also going with the perk to get 7 followers so i can have 2 of each spec + Syrenne as a follower at all times.
    Woah, you can have 7? I thought it was 5 and the new perk got you to six :O

Her combo of being Survival with the anti-hazard trait rounds out my crew nicely.

Quote Originally Posted by Felthorn View Post
    Woah, you can have 7? I thought it was 5 and the new perk got you to six :O

Her combo of being Survival with the anti-hazard trait rounds out my crew nicely.
    Once you pick her up, it automatically changes to 6/6, and then there is still the trait for a 7th champion.

Disclaimer: Don't have her yet.

From the wowhead entry, she seems great for missions, as you want your bodyguard to be your crappiest follower loaded with gold/resource items. Anti-social Rexxar fits the bill perfectly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

Deleted
    I think I'll never use a bodyguard, especially not her because of that icon in the middle of the screen.
    And she's way too good for missions too.

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZee View Post
    I think I'll never use a bodyguard, especially not her because of that icon in the middle of the screen.
    You can drag it to your bars and it will go away.

You can move the icon to an action bar.

Guys if you went for 7 champs, which ones are the best for missions? Actually 6, addie is my gold/resources mate.

Deleted
    probably everyone except for rexxar+tauren.

No reason to pick either of them.
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2017-04-11 at 10:38 PM.

I'm going to go:

Syrenne (or maybe Addie) - Bodyguard
    Hemmet
    Rexxar
    Blake
    Emmaral
    Halduron
    Meatball

Deleted
    Nice champion!

I want her weapon...nuff said

15+ Year Old Account
    How do you choose if she is support of bodyguard?

Quote Originally Posted by Spl4sh3r View Post
    How do you choose if she is support of bodyguard?
    You can toggle her state with the combat ally button. Doing so incurs a 15 second cooldown though until you can change her combat state again.

Once she's unlocked all her item slots you can stack gold for completing world quests. 25g(blue upgrade) + 50g(epic upgrade) + 50(legendary upgrade) for 125g bonus gold per world quest by having her as a bodyguard.

As survival you can camp the crap out of Sentinax portals with her. Caltrops + her arcane traps + butchery spam slaughters portals without having to chase anything.

All welcome the glorious hunter waifu.

A few people aren't including Meatball in their champion lists...he is by far the most powerful champion for missions, so you're shooting yourself in the foot if you don't have him.

Is she that good in dmg dealing that is worth not using her as a champion and use her as bodyguard rather than rexxar ...

Rexxar is useless in missions imo so was a good champion but his pets constantly keeping me in combat so i cant' fly are starting to be annoying.

Deleted
    you know you can drag those icons on you hotbars right?

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrophobia View Post
    Is she that good in dmg dealing that is worth not using her as a champion and use her as bodyguard rather than rexxar ...

Rexxar is useless in missions imo so was a good champion but his pets constantly keeping me in combat so i cant' fly are starting to be annoying.
    Her damage is definitely noticeable, especially on AoE since her arcane traps do a ton of damage. (100k+ dps)
    And you can just "dismiss" her if you don't want a bodyguard getting you stuck in combat, making her the ideal companion. I mean you could also take Hemet or Emmarel if you want, but I think Syrenne offers good balance between not being obnoxious (like rexxar is, with his huge mount and tendency to aggro everything) to have around and actually making a worthwhile contribution (unlike the other 2 bodyguards which barely make 20k dps).

As for champions for missions.
    To be frank just having a decked out Hemet with some >8hrs success modifiers and Blake with some +success with pathfinders modifiers is enough to make any mission go to 200%. People are overstating the importance of having the exact right combinations.