Stat Balance as Resto

Recently switched to a Shaman healer for my guild group to help them out.

I'm used to DPS so I am used to running sims in SimC/Ask Mr Robot. Unfortunately, there's no heal script in SimC and AMR I think pushes crit way too high instead of mastery in the "Max Heal" sim.

Right now I'm at about 31% Crit and 86% Mastery @ 897 ilvl. Gemmed/enchanted for Mastery exclusively. I'm using one mana regen trinket (890 Amalgams) along with an 880 + socket Cake. I think my goal is to maintain above 30-32% crit and dump the rest in Mastery.

Currently using Focuser of Jonat + Praetorian's Tidecaller due to symmetry with T19. Mana seems pretty good on most fights unless they last a long time or I have to use Rain/CH a lot (ie Krosus or Skorp). Parses are pretty good, but always looking to push the envelop.

Wondering what other people are using as far as stat goals.

You're crit %, trinket choice, and legendary choice is good. Switch to Prydaz/Velens over Jonat's if you can as those generally yield better results (I prefer Prydaz). Switch to a stat stick over Amalgams for fights you aren't having mana trouble. You're mastery could definitely be higher so look at how much haste/Vers you have and try to take away from those areas. In my opinion, prime stats are Crit 25%+, Mastery 100%+, Haste around 12% or lower if possible, and keep Vers low. In terms of mana, just make sure to rotate in healing wave a good amount, especially when using Jonats.

crit is nice, but the benefit isn't as good as it looks since we get some great baseline crit to chain heal and healing rain from traits (once you get the new trait healing rain really jumps up)
    mastery is an odd stat, but just try and keep it high, it can stop wipes well and whatnot
    vers seems weak per rating early on, but once you realize that 1/4-1/3 or so of you healing is already coming from crits (look at your logs and try to divide the your critical healing from all spells by 2, or just think about it when you're in the 20-35% crit range), you realize it gets more and more competitive the more gear you get
    but yeah basically get your ilvl up while trying to go for crit/master>vers>haste without letting vers or haste get too high

almost every legendary we have has some haste on it, but most people try to stay in the 5-15% range, theoretically for the best mana efficiency, you want it as low as possible, but the game doesn't always work out like on paper (and haste often does indirectly increase healing in more than our hots by increasing mastery benefit, but not by much)

you can try and optimize your gear with every piece, but what I usually do is try to balance my crit and vers by assuming my crit is 5% higher than it really is (to account for chain heal and healing rain traits) and try and optimize the benefit of crit vs vers from there

and in dungeons, it's basically mast>haste>vers>crit as I find myself heavily relying on tidal wave healing surge

Deleted
    Mastery - 100-120%
    Crit - 20+%
    Haste - 8-12%
    Versa - 5-10%
    Spellpower / Intellect - 45k around 905 ish equipped

Askmrrobot is simming me as 911 equipped as the following bis: (bare in mine healing sims dont mean much)

Crit -26%
    Mastery 101%
    Haste -12%
    Versa - 8%
    Intellect / Spellpower 46k

Although depending on the fight i swap legendaries, and most have 110-115% mastery with about 20% crit.

currently 6/10 Mythic Resto shaman. go to Chainheal.com to find out playstyles etc.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...cale/S%C3%BBo/

Everyone here is laughably underestimating crit.

look at stat parsers. Specially if you have drape. Crit is our bis stat by a good margin as long as you're healing people above 50% hp. Which the majority of the time, you are. (queens ascendance is VERY strong fyi if you're wondering why)

vers is ALWAYS bad. It's per stat value is .8 that of 50% mastery, crit and haste. You're sometimes forced into it because of ilevel and tier. But there is never a point where you try and seek it out for stat balance.

Bare min crit imo is 30%. mastery is fine between 90-100%. There is no reason to ever be trying for more when crit is so much better.

Haste take as you get it. It's pretty close in power with crit and mastery so you're not missing out by taking it. But the mana loss impact has to be taken into consideration. 10-15% range is fine.

based on my last krosus kill (730k hps):
    my stats (903 equipped, 6/10M):
    9891 crit (29.73%)
    haste: 3056 (8.15%)
    vers: 2129 (4.48%)
    mastery: 11009 (106.57%)

spell crit-noncrit

chain heal 49M-33.5M
    healing rain 15M-11M
    HTT 9.3M-15.3M
    riptde 11M-11.4M
    HST 6.3M-15.3M (queens decree can't crit, someone correct me if I'm worong but I think it benefits from versatility)
    GotQ 7.7M-9M
    healing wave 2M-4.7M
    unleash 1M-3.7M
    neck enchant 2.3M-1.6M

crit heaing total: 103.6M
    non crit: 105.5
    essentially, 25% of my healing is coming from crits already while 75% of my healing is able to benefit from crit while I only have about 4.5% vers, so about 95% of my healing is able to benefit from vers
    crit is 400 for 1% and you start with 5%, vers is 475 for 1% and you start with 0%
    so to actually increase my healing in this fight by 1%, I'd need about 533 crit (400x100/75=533) or 500 versatilty (475x100/95=500)

so on that front, they're honestly very close, and I wound't call that laughably underestimating crit as much as doing math, although this is a somewhat rough example based on just 1 5.5 minute fight
    also vantus runes are a thing, and they make vers weaker on progression

note: this is with 3 ranks in chain heal crit and empowered droplets and ignoring the benefits of resurgence and queen ascendant, which do make up some greater benefit and keep crit a little bit more favored
    although queen ascendant is almost guaranteed on chain heal past 20% crit anyways (0.7^5=17% chance to not get it at 20% with 3/4 chain heal crit, 0.57^5=6% at 30% crit with 4/4)
    also if you prefer to run torrent or undulation, less of your healing will be coming from chain heal, which has an increased crit chance
    crit will also of course get weaker with unleash or the chain heal ring, as well as having more ranks in the critical chance traits

AG, velen's, and cloudburst excluded, as they benefit from crit as much as the average of all other stuff basically (rather than double dipping)
    shaladrassil's excluded for not benefiting from either stat afaik

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jynus View Post
    Everyone here is laughably underestimating crit.

look at stat parsers. Specially if you have drape. Crit is our bis stat by a good margin as long as you're healing people above 50% hp. Which the majority of the time, you are. (queens ascendance is VERY strong fyi if you're wondering why)

vers is ALWAYS bad. It's per stat value is .8 that of 50% mastery, crit and haste. You're sometimes forced into it because of ilevel and tier. But there is never a point where you try and seek it out for stat balance.

Bare min crit imo is 30%. mastery is fine between 90-100%. There is no reason to ever be trying for more when crit is so much better.

Haste take as you get it. It's pretty close in power with crit and mastery so you're not missing out by taking it. But the mana loss impact has to be taken into consideration. 10-15% range is fine.
    if you were 10/10mythic id actually take you serious.

You have to take in mind if i got 30+% crit then id drop about 3-4k Intellect and spellpower, also probably alot of other stats as well, versatility comes with the tier, im hardly going to drop a 920 tier peice just because it has versa, when it gives me the set bonus. theres too much RNG to target specific stats this expansion. although you can go on a baseline.

If i wanted crit id also drop my 915 cake, which does at least 13-15mil healing per fight alone. Not worth, it depends on common sense gearing.

furthermore taking Celestial Map, gives me 30% + crit when it procs. i do like crit and like most people we KNOW its a decent stat and there has to be a balance, but that depends on the gear each player has available to them.
    Last edited by mmoc6e0b991716; 2017-04-12 at 09:12 AM.

Resto secondary stats optimization is not the first objective of gearing... Maintaining 4pc is more important, so is wearing good legendaries and good trinkets.

Here's my armory:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...hprofit/simple

Just sucks since I'm semi-forced to use Tier Helm/Shoulders which are full of haste/verse with getting a TF Drape of Shame and current leggos. I have better helm/shoulders but not sure dropping 4pc would be worth it. Need to get better boots as well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kidstechno View Post
    Here's my armory:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...hprofit/simple

Just sucks since I'm semi-forced to use Tier Helm/Shoulders which are full of haste/verse with getting a TF Drape of Shame and current leggos. I have better helm/shoulders but not sure dropping 4pc would be worth it. Need to get better boots as well.
    Raid wise - dropping 4 set is never worth it.

I do honestly drop it down to 2set for mythic dungeons, since HST is pretty worthless for high keys since you are mostly spamming Healing Surge. I would rather have high crit and mastery.

Quote Originally Posted by Suo View Post
    if you were 10/10mythic id actually take you serious.

You have to take in mind if i got 30+% crit then id drop about 3-4k Intellect and spellpower, also probably alot of other stats as well, versatility comes with the tier, im hardly going to drop a 920 tier peice just because it has versa, when it gives me the set bonus. theres too much RNG to target specific stats this expansion. although you can go on a baseline.

If i wanted crit id also drop my 915 cake, which does at least 13-15mil healing per fight alone. Not worth, it depends on common sense gearing.

furthermore taking Celestial Map, gives me 30% + crit when it procs. i do like crit and like most people we KNOW its a decent stat and there has to be a balance, but that depends on the gear each player has available to them.
    my goodness, what a peach response. when talking stat weight it's assumed, you know, that there is an understanding that stats have weight. not dropping 4k int to get more crit is implied dude. I shouldn't have to explain why you wouldn't do that while at the same time saying you should seek crit.

aand holy shit you're elitist if you only consider the options of about 160 resto shaman on earth relevant.

also to your last comment, 4piece isn't really much an hps increase. so it's NOT worth getting if you have to drop a large amount of ilevel to use it for example.

Quote Originally Posted by Suo View Post
    Mastery - 100-120%
    Crit - 20+%
    Haste - 8-12%
    Versa - 5-10%
    Spellpower / Intellect - 45k around 905 ish equipped
    This sounds about right.... I'd go with atleast 25% crit and 100% mastery, haste 10% and vers as it comes on gear (lets say 5%) but basically those stat ranges.

Gotta say, I love tidal waves and queen ascendant. Can do so much with those. CHL usually gives u a crit>QA, or a tidal waves from riptide>heal surge for QA... then u get a fast CHL, GotQ, HR, whatever. Gives some nice synergy between crit and haste.

Quote Originally Posted by Jynus View Post

also to your last comment, 4piece isn't really much an hps increase. so it's NOT worth getting if you have to drop a large amount of ilevel to use it for example.
    Well don't forget that HST gives u 10% dmg reduction too, which is good all around for raids or M+. With two charges can keep one down always and one stored for a high damage situation. I suppose if the ilvl increase for replacing it would be huge like from 875 to a 915 item or a legendary then it may be something to consider, esp if just going for pure healing output, but otherwise seems better to keep 4 set intact.