Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    My biggest frustration with demon hunter is the power of meta and how crit dependent chaos strike is to make fury feel functional. Yes obviously wow it's amazing when you roll the coin heads 40 times and have a great 3 mill dps opener then the next time you go to do it and demon blades gives you the finger, crit gives you the finger and you sit there waiting for fury gen.

I'm basically hoping they tone down the raw power of the opener and chaos strike and give more sustained damage either on eye beam (might be fun to have it part of all havoc's core rotation and make demonic builds reliable) or chaos strike itself (non-crits more powerful, crit chains slightly less rewarding). Blade dance is already going to become great in t20 (probably too great, poor bloodlet... maybe first blood baseline lol?)

Quote Originally Posted by Constraint View Post
    I'm presuming less burst/cleave.

What I'm hoping for is for a resource generation that is neither the braindead, tedious mashing of Demon's Bite, nor the horrifically frustrating, random generation of Demon Blades (and yes, I still have no ring).

Imagine playing a Rogue, except instead of receiving a steady stream of energy, you had a decent chance to just stop regenerating energy for a while and couldn't hit any abilities. Wait, what? That's exactly what Havoc is! And no, I'm not asking for them to change ours to energy. Just something less frustrating perhaps.
    Problem with that analogy is the fact that the passive Fury gen is due to a talent that Blizzard never wanted to best in that row anyway. And that's what's most scary. Blizzard doesn't want Demon Blades to be best so I figure more gutting to that talent and no compensation otherwise. Just to get us to consider the other 2 talents and then have to deal with spamming a weak builder move.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyrosis View Post
    Problem with that analogy is the fact that the passive Fury gen is due to a talent that Blizzard never wanted to best in that row anyway. And that's what's most scary. Blizzard doesn't want Demon Blades to be best so I figure more gutting to that talent and no compensation otherwise. Just to get us to consider the other 2 talents and then have to deal with spamming a weak builder move.
    sigh if demons bite became optimal i'd have to embrace a button repetition macro. Yea I know baddie blah blah but slamming that AND chaos strike at starcraft 2 competitive apm just isn't fun.

make demons blades 100% and lower the fury to hit the median at this point >.>

I'm very worried myself, we are doing fine atm, maybe a few mechanics need a bit of change, nothing that warrants "focusing". What blows my mind though is how is Havoc on that list but Vengeance is not? Vengeance really needs some work.

My hope is they will finally fix our RNG fury generation.

My fear is they will do some completely irrational nerfs where they are not needed, ignore the fury issue and nerf Anger to 1-3 because the ring is obviously the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Netheris2k View Post
    I call a burst nerf and some dps compensation. Just a wild guess though.
    This could be done by nerfing chaos blades again and buff sth else. Let's be PREPARED for the worst. Hue hue

Trust me, they will nerf fury warrior before they nerf havoc.

Fury has a huge burst on pull and massive burst during execute, plus they have better aoe without sacrificing single target dps as much as havoc does.

So any changes will likely come in fixing our ressources issue. The nerf of the leg ring means they can now sort it out. They might also fix our lack of dps compared to other classes when we are not stacking CDs.

Any nerf, or buff will most likely be done in comparaison to what other melee are doing. We are not going to be left out on the cold.

Quote Originally Posted by Netheris2k View Post
    I call a burst nerf and some dps compensation. Just a wild guess though.
    This could be done by nerfing chaos blades again and buff sth else. Let's be PREPARED for the worst. Hue hue
    What I would like is either Nemesis gone completely and CB taking its place with static %dmg increase and longer duration, so we dont have two 2min CDs, that are just stacked on top of each other and we dont have to tunnel one target or the other way around, nemesis being just plain buff and CB gone.
    And Id like fel eruption baseline, with higher cost and benefit from meta, as something extra in our rotation to press, lets momentum/nemesis tier be about dmg buff CDs and give the last tier talent, that changes playstyle as much as demonic does, something, that would promote momentum gameplay.
    Demon blades being 100% chance, 60% current fury gained, so neutral change, but less RNG based
    And on the matter of blade dance, Id like t20 bonuses redesgined and remove/lower CD on blade dance, and only give it its 10s CD when first blood is selected

and yeah, felrush DCs...

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    If they can clean up fury generation a bit, and move some burst to sustain. I'll be a happy camper.

I just hope they dont change anything

Quote Originally Posted by Soulfròst View Post
    Looks like Havoc's gonna get fucked with in 7.2.5. Personally, I'm worried. We're fine overall where we are. Makes me think Blizzard is gonna fuck it up somehow. What do you think? What changes do you think they're targeting?
    Ahahah, this is so true, I have exactly the same thoughts. First they broke Fire mage, so I had to reroll, now they gonna break this, lul. But, well, its too early to panic, lets wait for actual changes

Edit: Honestly, I like DH playstyle a lot - aoe, burst aoe, burst damage. Same WAS with Fire mage.
    Last edited by ssviolett; 2017-04-12 at 12:57 PM.

where are the changes youre mentioning ? can you please stop making threads like this before we can even see the changes ?

Deleted
    We cant get more f***ed.. doesnt get much worse... :P doesnt matter that much from now on tbh

I find the RNG of Demon Blades/Ring mechanic a bit of a nusiance.

Fix the fury regen a bit up by being more consistent for less fury so its more reliable to plan out your attacks/timings would be the best start.

Not a fan of the blade dance focus on the Tier set as well. At some point it will reach its limit since mastery will not buff its dmg, it also makes you pigeon hole your talent tree into it as well.

Get rid of FR being used in the ST rotation. Make Demonic viable in raids (It's the most fun build by far).

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    The class it self only has one valid spec. Demonic is a very cool and fun build, but for mythic content it is way behind DB, so there is basically only one talent choice to play.
    sure chaos blades build still sims the best but chaos cleave demonic is pretty damned close and on some fights i'm sure it's every bit as viable.

I can see changes to demon blades and that tier in general. Its absolutely stupid how strong that is.

Quote Originally Posted by Forde View Post
    I can see changes to demon blades and that tier in general. Its absolutely stupid how strong that is.
    I hope they just make Demon Blades 100% to remove the RNG and rebalance it and the other talents around that. Easiest math is for it to do 65% of its fury and damage.

I'm seriously scared, the last time Blizzard touched us they nerfed the fuck out of Bloodlet because we did "too much AoE".

Now, back the topic. What I hope they will do:

- Remove some burst, compensate with overall damage increase.
    - Remove RNG from fucking everywhere. That means, fuck the refund on CS crit, fuck the RNG on DBlades, and fuck the RNG on AA missing. Increase the fury generation GREATLY to compensate. I'm seriously tired of having to pray to 78 gods to have a good opening that doesn't fuck my whole encounter.
    - Remove the iddle time. Like seriously, we're not fucking rogues.
    - Re-design Momentum. It just doesn't work in any serious raid enviroment. Fel rushing in bosses whose hitboxes are also small feels bad, and you're actually losing DPS if you happen to fel rush too far from the boss.
    - Meta down to 2 mins. Duration lowered to 15 secs.
    - Nemesis is not a shit anymore and doesn't go against raid mechanics of target switch. Self-buff that increases all damage done for 30 seconds. CD 1 minute.

What instead will happen:

- Demon blades gets nerfed further.
    - First blood gets nerfed to open new "talent builds" in T20.
    - Compensate by giving 10% damage to CS.

Now seriously, if we want more depth to our rotation, I guess the only way to do it would be to buff Demonic, and that's not going to happen, because it would make our AoE and ST spec the same, and they don't want that. We also don't have more skills to play around, which is kind of kek.

I gave up on Blizz fixing Fel Rush. It won't happen. Rather remove it from our rotations than keep being frustrated over the shit that it is code wise. As long as we keep our mobility, I'm good with it.
    Last edited by Shirofune; 2017-04-12 at 04:43 PM.

Why everyone are talking about Demon Blade ? I hope blizzard will buff Demonic spec to be on par with the Demon Blades Spec . They can also make Demon Blade be a default DH abillity with 20-35% chance to proc and rest of the time we will use Demons Bite for fury generator if you are not playing Demonic . We are Demon Hunters we need Demonic spec to be viable on raid .

Quote Originally Posted by aGit View Post
    sure chaos blades build still sims the best but chaos cleave demonic is pretty damned close and on some fights i'm sure it's every bit as viable.
    Chaos Cleave - Demonic for ST? ehm, not really, not after the "guttering" of Chaos Cleave. First Blood is king no matter the spec. Also Memeonic beneficts from buffing Blade Dance to Death Sweep, which is crazy good.