Thread: Battlefront 2

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Battlefront 2

https://vimeo.com/212842535

looks like there will be a singleplayer but more trash disney star wars storyline.

Proper campaign?

Possibility for multiple timelines in the multiplayer?

Welp, my interest is piqued.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Proper campaign?

Don't recommend getting your hopes up. It all sounds good but......BF1 did happen.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Don't recommend getting your hopes up. It all sounds good but......BF1 did happen.
    Battlefield 1 is pretty fantastic : P

But yeah, Battlefront 1 happened. But it was pretty obviously rushed out the door to make full use of the license. I didn't have high hopes for it to be anything more than it was, a serviceable multiplayer only shooter with a great Star Wars wrapping. It delivered on that, but that wasn't enough to make me buy it.

If Battlefront 2 can deliver on a decent campaign (especially with some form of "Galactic Conquest" like the old Battlefront 1/2) and especially if it adds in more variety in settings/game modes and shit? I'll be pretty sold on that.

If Battlefront 2 can deliver on a decent campaign (especially with some form of "Galactic Conquest" like the old Battlefront 1/2) and especially if it adds in more variety in settings/game modes and shit? I'll be pretty sold on that.
    I want this plus a mode where its Hero Vs Hero and there is AI grunts in the world. Kinda like For Honor but better and Star Wars.

But it likely won't happen, Ill wait and see how this turns out.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

15+ Year Old Account
    Maybe the 2nd one will have half the content of Pandemic Battlefront 1.. maybe..

Well at least they are diving more into the extended universe. I love the imperial raiders showing up.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Please be a Battlefront game this time around, not a Battlefield reskin.

Quote Originally Posted by DaGhostDS View Post
    Maybe the 2nd one will have half the content of Pandemic Battlefront 1.. maybe..
    Well pandemic battlefronts never had proper campaign, just bot matches with a story. Im hoping for more. I hope for a multi section story like Battlefield one. You can add the original galactic conquest as a separate things since it never was a proper single player. Itll cost them nothing, just add bot matches to the game, 80% of the work done for galactic conquest.

Might pick it up for 15$ few months down the road, till it fully dies out.

Proper campaign?

Be cautious. This is EA we're dealing with.

But will it be battlefront and not a bad battlefield reskin this time?

10+ Year Old Account
    Another young woman finding herself story. The one thing Star Wars is lacking of late.

Oh wait.

Looks like admiral sloane to me, shes not exactly lost. Shes one of the many admiral that survived the battle of endor. They could have father and daughter isgaard in there too.

A SOLDIER'S UNTOLD STORY
    SINGLE PLAYER
    Forge a new path as Iden Versio, commander of Inferno Squad—an Imperial special forces unit equally lethal on the ground and in space. Encounter many of Star Wars ' greatest characters in a story of revenge, betrayal, and redemption that spans 30 years.

THE ULTIMATE BATTLEGROUND
    EXPANDED MULTIPLAYER
    Join up to 40 players in massive multiplayer fights in authentic locations across all eras. Revel in deep class-based online gameplay, pilot a wide variety of land and air vehicles, and control iconic characters with distinct abilities that can turn the tide of battle.

GALACTIC-SCALE SPACE COMBAT
    SPACE BATTLES
    Wage war in spectacular space battle scenarios. Weave between asteroids, fly across Imperial Dock Yards, and take down massive capital ships. Pilot renown craft like the Millennium Falcon or Luke Skywalker’s X-wing in exciting dogfights with up to 24 players.

ICONIC HEROES AND VILLAINS
    CHARACTERS FROM EVERY ERA
    Play as—and against—Star Wars' most feared villains and cherished heroes from all three eras, including Kylo Ren, Rey, Darth Maul, Yoda, and many more. Unique, upgradable abilities ensure classic characters bring their distinct powers and personality to the battle.

TRIUMPH TOGETHER
    SPLIT-SCREEN CO-OP
    Team up with a friend in two-player offline split-screen play.* Earn rewards, customize troopers and heroes, then take your skills and upgrades to the online battleground. *split-screen co-op available only on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One

YOUR CHOICE, YOUR PATH
    CUSTOMIZE AND PROGRESS
    Tailor unique abilities for each hero, trooper, and starfighter to gain the upper hand in battle with Star Wars Battlefront II's diverse and powerful progression system. The path to victory is yours to decide.

Looks worse than legion tbh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Damn, cautiously looking forward to this now. Looks pretty sweet and I need something other than swtor to fill my need for games set in the starwars universe.

Apparently no paid DLC either. 3 studios working on each aspect of the game. One single player, one multiplayer, one space battle. If it doesent have content, it has no excuse lol.

Until I know exactly:

a) the content included
    b) the features included
    c) the pricing of everything related to it

I refuse to be even remotely excited about this or any other Star Wars game that comes under EA. Sure, the trailer was not bad, but I also remember the first trailer for the farce they served us before this one.