Deleted

Which followers to deactivate? (7.2 +)

So today we get our 6th active follower, with a day-long research to push the cap to 7.

7 active followers, out of a total of 9.

So, with the addition of Magatha and the extra 2 slots, which followers do we activate/deactivate, for optimal setup? Has anyone mathed this out yet?

Is Magatha even worth? Has anyone tested the Earthern Ring Protectors, or Grimtotem Warriors on PTR, how much Health do they have, max cap? etc.

Is it even worth going for 7 followers VS the Earthern Ring troops?

Original chart here: http://imgur.com/a/K4tWN

https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment...eactivate_all/

Last edited by mmoc3e9c6969db; 2017-04-11 at 03:01 PM.

7 active Champions? I thought it was 6. I currently have 5 active and the research allows us to have 6, not 7.

Did I miss something?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuhok View Post
    7 active Champions? I thought it was 6. I currently have 5 active and the research allows us to have 6, not 7.

Did I miss something?
    Yup. you are granted slot 6 automatically, with 7 being the one you research.

Well I just learned something new today. Yay me!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuhok View Post
    7 active Champions? Did I miss something?
    As Ambro said, cap is automatically raised to 6 when you get Magatha, which is nice.

Like I imagine many of us have done, I deactivated Avalanchion to get Rehgar for the Ghost Wolf buff. Thing is though, re-activating him would give only one Ghost Wolf counter. It feels like very often, I am split needing more than one Ghost Wolf at a time for multiple missions. The chart would suggest that this is fine on balance, but...

It would be great if someone (on Reddit?) could update, removing the old Class campaign missions that everyone has obviously completed to get here. Our priorities have shifted to AP, rep and Raid missions at this point.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Platex View Post
    It would be great if someone (on Reddit?) could update, removing the old Class campaign missions that everyone has obviously completed to get here. Our priorities have shifted to AP, rep and Raid missions at this point.
    Aaaah, hold your horses on that one. Not everyone has done their shaman yet, myself included, so those charts are most certainly useful still. ADDING the new ones would be nice, but replacing the old with new, not so much

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ambrodel View Post
    Aaaah, hold your horses on that one. Not everyone has done their shaman yet, myself included, so those charts are most certainly useful still. ADDING the new ones would be nice, but replacing the old with new, not so much
    Ofc, although bare in mind that the class Order Hall "intro" quests have been nerfed so much that you'll be done in a day. A more long-term game plan will serve you better, getting the early XP etc

Also if I remember correctly, most of the early class quests don't give any benefit whatsoever having over 100% mission chance.

10+ Year Old Account
    I deactivate Mylra and Nobundo because they don't give a mission success perk, with Rehgar as my bodyguard (100% ghost wolf is amazing). If you're the type that never goes out into the world literally ever, you can deactivate Rehgar and activate Nobundo.

Until you unlock your 6th follower, keep Muln deactivated as well.
    HEROES NEVER DIE

Scaldius, Avalanch, Celestos, Muln, Hydraxis, Magatha. That will prob be my team for 6.

For the 7th spot, Meatball. He doesn't counter anything but adds such a high % that its basically same as a counter.

I debated using Mylra, cause while she doesn't give any mission bonus the 20% reduced time can be good esp cause I gave her the gear item which also adds "10% reduced mission time". So if there is some super long mission she may be worth switching out scaldius or avalanch. She also has CL/minion which is a pretty common spell that you have to counter but since magatha can do it too not sure if I need 3 of em.

Rehgar's run speed combat bonus is very useful, esp indoors, but will be less useful with flying coming out. I have him with a bunch of the gear that gives +resources so I will prob wait till I have 3 emissary quests saved up, switch him in for the day by replacing muln or something, do all 3 quests, then switch him out the next day.

And I def think getting 7 champs is the way to go. Magatha can spawn a bonus troop on her own. Not sure on the details of the new type of troops from either the order hall or magatha, but considering how Ascendants aren't all that useful compared to my upgraded earthcallers plus take a day to respawn then I doubt they will be all that great, plus more champs means more missions.

Quote Originally Posted by Trollfat View Post
    I deactivate Mylra and Nobundo because they don't give a mission success perk, with Rehgar as my bodyguard (100% ghost wolf is amazing). If you're the type that never goes out into the world literally ever, you can deactivate Rehgar and activate Nobundo.

Until you unlock your 6th follower, keep Muln deactivated as well.
    For people that are unlocking flying today, Rehgar won't be as good anymore though. Keep that in mind, that Rehgar is one of the weaker followers overall for missions and is mostly picked because you want to go fast, which isn't necessary if you get your Pathfinder achievement as you will be WAY faster.

The problem with Magtha is, that she is a restoration shaman with chain lightning. That makes us having 3 pretty okay resto shamys as followers with alright bonuses. I didn't test the Grimtotem Warriors or the protectors in the PTR (too lazy to farm ressources on ptr), but Protectors seem good.

7 Champions seem overkill tbh. Unless you want Rehgar as a bodyguard, it's probably fine to pick that one up. I'd go with protectors.
    Sometimes streaming on Twitch.tv, leave me a follow or a message if you like!

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    *tips m'fedora*

M'lady if you would be so kind to slob me knob seeing as I held this door open for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Darleth View Post
    For people that are unlocking flying today, Rehgar won't be as good anymore though. Keep that in mind, that Rehgar is one of the weaker followers overall for missions and is mostly picked because you want to go fast, which isn't necessary if you get your Pathfinder achievement as you will be WAY faster.

The problem with Magtha is, that she is a restoration shaman with chain lightning. That makes us having 3 pretty okay resto shamys as followers with alright bonuses. I didn't test the Grimtotem Warriors or the protectors in the PTR (too lazy to farm ressources on ptr), but Protectors seem good.

7 Champions seem overkill tbh. Unless you want Rehgar as a bodyguard, it's probably fine to pick that one up. I'd go with protectors.
    Being able to go fast inside caves and buildings is awesome though, but yeah overall Rehgar's usefulness goes down with flying. 7 champions is great for if you want him or anyone else as a bodyguard though. Not sure how good of a bodyguard Magatha is though.

Think I'm gonna go with Rehgar as bodyguard still for caves n shit. Avalanchion, Magatha, Hydraxis, Muln, Scaldius and Celestos. Got 2 of each counter and spec

Deleted
    I will Pick Magatha as combat ally for now to level her faster.

Rehgar will be missed for caves though. I will consider Switching back to Rehgar.

I occasinally switch champions. Even 5 out of 6 missions need an elemental, why shouldnt i activate an elemental? For me it is only important to have 190% chance for Important missions.
    Last edited by mmoc4ec7d51a68; 2017-04-12 at 08:33 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunwolf View Post
    Magatha can spawn a bonus troop on her own. Not sure on the details of the new type of troops from either the order hall or magatha, but considering how Ascendants aren't all that useful compared to my upgraded earthcallers plus take a day to respawn then I doubt they will be all that great, plus more champs means more missions.
    You get an item similar to nobundo's healing totem that allows you to summon the extra troop type. It's capped at 1 active (and 5 items in the inventory), 2 health, 40% bonus vs everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunwolf View Post
    Scaldius, Avalanch, Celestos, Muln, Hydraxis, Magatha. That will prob be my team for 6.

For the 7th spot, Meatball. He doesn't counter anything but adds such a high % that its basically same as a counter.

I debated using Mylra, cause while she doesn't give any mission bonus the 20% reduced time can be good esp cause I gave her the gear item which also adds "10% reduced mission time". So if there is some super long mission she may be worth switching out scaldius or avalanch. She also has CL/minion which is a pretty common spell that you have to counter but since magatha can do it too not sure if I need 3 of em.

Rehgar's run speed combat bonus is very useful, esp indoors, but will be less useful with flying coming out. I have him with a bunch of the gear that gives +resources so I will prob wait till I have 3 emissary quests saved up, switch him in for the day by replacing muln or something, do all 3 quests, then switch him out the next day.

And I def think getting 7 champs is the way to go. Magatha can spawn a bonus troop on her own. Not sure on the details of the new type of troops from either the order hall or magatha, but considering how Ascendants aren't all that useful compared to my upgraded earthcallers plus take a day to respawn then I doubt they will be all that great, plus more champs means more missions.
    I would reactive Mulna to compliment meatball. With those two and mission items, you will can 200% multiple missions while do them 50% faster.