Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gemini Soul View Post
    The only way flying ever trivialized content is when a Xpac launches and people are lvling with flying. That is why how MoP did it was perfect, can fly as soon as you hit max lvl and how it should always be.
    This is mostly correct. You got to fly as soon as you hit max lvl, but then they introduced Throne of Thunder with an entire Island you couldn't fly in, then weekly scenarios that you couldn't fly in, then timeless isles that you couldn't fly in.

So the theme is pretty consistent. No flying when and where it would trivialize content.
    “I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: ‘O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.’ And God granted it.” -- Voltaire

"He who awaits much can expect little" -- Gabriel Garcia Marquez

Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post
    While it is clearly true that with WoD and Legion they have brought flying in later in the expansion because they understand that it is a feature desired by many players, I cannot take seriously the notion that they withheld it in the first place as a strategy to get people who left because because of a lack of flying in the first place.
    I am not saying this.

I am saying they are slowing people down by whatever means possible (ie, gating) and withholding flying is one more way they do it.

---
    The last words in my phrase "They are holding it back as a cheap way to try and make people pay for longer, or return to the game if they managed to unsub" are about those who, for example, start playing Legion, get bored with it, quit for some time, then see flying *which is something they like although lack of flying is not why they unsubbed* and resub in order to get it.
    Last edited by rda; 2017-04-12 at 01:08 PM.

It's kinda like the real reason why this all hilarious drama began was to find a way of artificially stretch the scarce, available content instead of Flying actually being detrimental to the game. Who would've known..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Altrec View Post
    No idea who the ads are targeting, but it won't work for me. The bridge has been burnt and as a result I have not bought or played the last two expansions nor will I ever return to the game.
    So here you are on MMO-Champion being salty about a game that you will never play again. I'm thankfull you won't return, but would be even more thankfull if you would just read this forum instead of posting on it as well! Thank you!

Merged into above.

Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    The game would have been so much better off without flying.
    What does flying add to the game anyway? You can travel faster from point a to b? WOW, i need that so much, i gonna quit if i can not get it!!!1!!
    On the other hand it destroys world pvp, ruins any feeling of the world and makes ground mounts useless. F*** flying.
    because world pvp matters...

Quote Originally Posted by Lewor View Post
    Doesn't work that way at all. If you post an argument, you need to support it with evidence.

I don't know why everyone thinks I have some sort of snarky ulterior motive. All I have ever said is to provide a link so that everyone is on the same page. Go look at my first post in this thread. Those are my exact words.

However, I'm totally shocked that this is the calibre of people I'm dealing with on these forums. People who are so hyper defensive and idiotic that they believe that providing evidence to support their claims isn't necessary. That's just basic common sense thrown out the window.
    Because you aren't talking about the topic, you are talking about the need to support proofs and other bla bla bla bla bla *AFTER* you've been provided what you asked for numerous times including immediately after asking. You are spamming the thread with offtopic nonsense.

Within a day or two of hitting max level, mains were iLevel 850/860. What world content isn't already trivialized by gear?

The "only" thing flying does is speed up the process in which you get around. And for me, that leaves time and drive to jump on an alt and level... go farm materials, etc.

Even now I log in, look at the Broken Isles WQ's and rares.. and say "meh". I have been doing the invasion WQs as a leveling tool though. Almost a level clearing a zone on an alt. The thing is... I used to be able to choose how I spend my time in game... farm, level alts, progress my main.

But now, I pretty much have to do what Blizz tells me.. and do it HOW they tell me. Mostly because of grind, but also because without flying, I can only get so much done before it becomes mindnumbingly boring taking away the desire to do anything on an alt.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    How games ever evolved from 2d 16-color sprites...
    Just because you can add random shit to anything it doesn't mean it'll work. Sure, you can have a game where you need to navigate out of a labyrinth and you can just fly over it but that doesn't mean it works as a game.

To get flying you need to complete the content you'd normally do, plus extra you wouldn't do otherwise. It pushes usage and resubs, and gets people to experience all of the content.

Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post

Yeah man... flying sucks for the game. It trivializes content. It allows you to miss all out hard work and miss experiencing the game as we intended.

Oh... hey! Earn flying in WoW... It's an AWESOME feature we have added because it's so desired.

Who exactly as the ads intended for? Are they reaching out to the millions that left game because they took away something and now using it as a carrot to come back?

Are you the same clueless moron that posted this on the WoW forums or an additional clueless moron?

blizzard like to take thing away with silly excuses and then bring it back with a slight maquillage and try to sell it for a new ground breaking innovation.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

Ultimately I think the fact that they are advertising flight's return is a pretty good sign for flight in the future of the game.

Since they are purposely highlighting it, it could mean that they are finally RE-accepting that it is a strong selling point (and lets face it, Bliz is more about money than ever these days). I mean, how many patches in the past have boldly stated "NOW, WITH MORE NERFS!"... none of course, despite many of them having some sort of nerfs, because that ain't exactly a selling point.

Argus will be a small tell on this... will it have flight? To be fair, if it is really tiny like Timeless Isle, it may not really need it, but otherwise it really should have it if Blizzard wants to continue with making the flight crowd happy. The most important test though will be how next expansion opens. That will be interesting to see.

Quote Originally Posted by Wingspan View Post
    Ultimately I think the fact that they are advertising flight's return is a pretty good sign for flight in the future of the game.

Since they are purposely highlighting it, it could mean that they are finally RE-accepting that it is a strong selling point (and lets face it, Bliz is more about money than ever these days). I mean, how many patches in the past have boldly stated "NOW, WITH MORE NERFS!"... none of course, despite many of them having some sort of nerfs, because that ain't exactly a selling point.

Argus will be a small tell on this... will it have flight? To be fair, if it is really tiny like Timeless Isle, it may not really need it, but otherwise it really should have it if Blizzard wants to continue with making the flight crowd happy. The most important test though will be how next expansion opens. That will be interesting to see.
    i hope Argus has an introduction scenario all on flying mounts with combat enabled, you fly from the ship and need to kill flying demons, dodge anti air fel cannons, bomb defenses and save turalion ass.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

Flying will be like this from now on. No flight at the start of the expansion and flying added via achievement with a later patch.

And it makes perfect sense to do it that way given how blizz thinks about flying in general and the opposite side with the aggressive pro flyers.
    So this make a valid middle ground.

Wow OP. The point you're trying to make is incredible bullshit and don't tell me you don't know it. Ridiculous, annoying. Such a disingenuous character trait. Cut the crap.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    Because you aren't talking about the topic, you are talking about the need to support proofs and other bla bla bla bla bla *AFTER* you've been provided what you asked for numerous times including immediately after asking. You are spamming the thread with offtopic nonsense.
    You mean the topic that's been dug up hundreds of times over by the same select group of people? The same topic that inevitably gets locked because it's a repeat of multiple threads before? This whole thread is a farce that's regurgitated over and over.

Why should me pointing out people's shitty posting habits in correlation with these threads be any worse? The sooner they face the reality of their situation the better.

Quote Originally Posted by Pull My Finger View Post
    Wow OP. The point you're trying to make is incredible bullshit and don't tell me you don't know it. Ridiculous, annoying. Such a disingenuous character trait. Cut the crap.
    It's a perfectly valid point. Blizzard feels flying is detrimental to the game, but are perfectly willing to pimp it to increase lost subs.

Or is it that they feel they can hold it hostage, and use it as a way to gate content and create another grind.

Why is it so hard to accept that to many people, flying is an integral part of the game and the game is a much less satisfying experience without it. Delaying flight for 8 months drastically reduces the enjoyment we get from game.

No amount of argument can change that fact.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lewor View Post
    You mean the topic that's been dug up hundreds of times over by the same select group of people? The same topic that inevitably gets locked because it's a repeat of multiple threads before? This whole thread is a farce that's regurgitated over and over.

Why should me pointing out people's shitty posting habits in correlation with these threads be any worse? The sooner they face the reality of their situation the better.
    Then ignore it if you feel that way. This thread is about calling Blizzard out on their lame excuses for delaying flying... then using it as a marketing tool. We had flying at max level for many years... they suddenly had a change of heart and it became detrimental to immersion and game design... only to USE it as some cool feature to sell the game.

It's a perfectly valid point. Blizzard feels flying is detrimental to the game, but are perfectly willing to pimp it to increase lost subs.
    Yup. The beginning of the second sentence should be changed to "Blizzard *say* they feel flying is detrimental to the game, ...".

It's like:

"Hey, smoking is bad. Seriously, don't smoke. Ah, you have money... OK then, here are your cigarettes. Tell me if you want more, I have all sorts."

Or is it that they feel they can hold it hostage, and use it as a way to gate content and create another grind.
    Incredible nonsense.

What's so hard for you to understand about flying? It makes perfect sense the way it is now. You conquer and experience the content by foot, and earn flying later on for convenience once it makes sense. What part of that in unclear to you? All this other incredible hogwash is silly, petty and small-minded paranoia that's being read into the matter by yourself. You're twisting words and meanings in a petty, disingenuous way.

They don't "feel it's detrimental to the game". It's detrimental in a certain phase of a given expansion. Is that really too complex of a matter for you to comprehend?
    Last edited by Pull My Finger; 2017-04-12 at 03:46 PM.