Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Timewalking Raids? Opinions?

Apparently 7.2.5 will implement Timewalking Black Temple. We all now the Molten Core LFR was a mess and I'm sure Blizzard will improve on this, but I'm really curious and concerned with how this might work. While I hate Timewalking Dungeons I actually honestly appreciate it. When I realize it's the event I roll my eyes, but as I'm doing them I get all nostalgic and think it's kewl that older content isn't useless at max level, I think that's tragic.

When it comes to raids though....I actually never set foot in Black Temple though I played TBC, never even went back for xmog, I think it would be cool to see it in a raid setting. I also never cleared. Throne of Thunder properly either, only LFR, despite how it's ranked with Ulduar I hated it, because I was doing it in LFR. Though I did some 10 man Heroic ToT in 5.4.

Timewalking Raids seem like they'll just be one big LFR though....and I freaking hate LFR, it's literally why I quit the game in Cata because there was no way around it. I can deal with Timewalking Dungeons because in a 5 man you can carry the group, knock out your five and get your bonus roll coin.

Not sure how I feel. If Timewalking Raids give access to coin I'll feel compelled to do it, otherwise whether i like it or not I could care less.

Yeah, here's to hoping they don't LFR it up. Otherwise it'll be garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by Barael View Post
    Unless they are expecting these to be done with fully premade groups, it's going to end up at LFR-levels of difficulty. There's just too many people out there that can't seem to grasp basic boss mechanics and as such they have to factor that in.
    Warlock Soloing & Progress | FC: 4141-3143-3405 | Metang, Mawile, and Klefki

The problem is who will actually want to put in a high # of wipes learning fights to progress through them if Blizz makes TW raids difficult? Progression is for current content; I don't want to see TW raids tuned to the point that I have to wipe over-and-over again waiting for people to get the hang of Gorefiend's mini-game (for example); we went through that during BC already.

I like the idea but im worried its gonna be just target dummies with bosses models, we'll see about rewards

Quote Originally Posted by jaymzkerten View Post
    Unless they are expecting these to be done with fully premade groups, it's going to end up at LFR-levels of difficulty. There's just too many people out there that can't seem to grasp basic boss mechanics and as such they have to factor that in.
    Yeah it's a dilemma. It has to be LFR-like if it's on finder, if it isn't on finder it gets run a lot less.

I find it really interesting they start with Black Temple. It's a huge raid, and it does not yet have the scaling technologies and the different parts (for lfr) that MoP+ raids have. So a whole bunch of preliminary work needed for a first test.

And I am really curious if they go the automatic matchmaking route - that would require them to trivialize the encounters - or if its for premade groups with a difficulty level of about current normal raid. Or perhaps they go a different way and just convert the 25 player raid into a 5 player dungeon.

Quote Originally Posted by jaymzkerten View Post
    I mean to be fair asking players to randomly grasp boss mechanics for a raid that isn't even part of a tier doesn't seem right anyway. But I don't wanna hit LFR loot pinata's either.

It will be a good test run. If it's too easy, it's going to be rather pointless.

Another step towards all legacy content being scaled to max level.

15+ Year Old Account
    Not-Queueable: Less ppl gon do it, "LFR raiders" bitching on forums it dosnt fit their time schedules
    Queueable: LFR difficulty, can be done with eyes closed, do it once for tmog (if any)
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

I'm interested if...

- The difficulty is reasonable (Dragon Soul LFR level).
    - The rewards are interesting.
    - It's seperated into 3/4 sections.
    or
    - It can be entered just by going there.

It's going to be like LFR.

If it's LFR, pulls will be interesting. The place is huge, so if anyone dies, they will likely miss a boss kill, since LFR people are like robots, sometimes.

Unless they offer gear on par with the current tier they will not be popular. Players will do it once just to try it out then not bother doing it again. Why divert time doing a raid that gives lesser gear than what you are currently raiding? Pointless.

Timewalking naxx pls... <3
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Will be good as long as they make them LFR available... otherwise like so many other things it will be impossible to do.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Deleted
    After running the anniversary edition of Molten Core - no, thanks. Though I will give them the benefit of a doubt and probably test the feature if it goes live. TW dungeons are OK, they are quick easymode things, but this also works out because the group size is small, so if you have 1-2 good people in there, then you can carry the rest. I don't know if this can work with a larger group size.

Quote Originally Posted by D3athsting View Post
    Timewalking naxx pls... <3
    only if its old school with corrupted Ashbringer
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

As a change they are fine, but people should accept them for what they are.
    A change.
    They are never going to replicate the old experience.

Stat changes in functionality, stat changes in relative scaling, abilities no longer available, abilities which have changed.
    No simple scaling of numbers is going to bring even every stat to what it was before, at best only ONE.

Timewalking dungeons have made that crystal clear, but still ignorant people complain that the difficulty isn't matching what it used to be.
    If a dungeon at its original level is going to have a different experience after an expansion then a raid with the added complication of scaling to a whole new level is absolutely going to.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2017-04-12 at 03:40 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

It would be a shitshow.