Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Would you prefer they not tell you at all that they put it in?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    Then ignore it if you feel that way.

I don't know what's sadder. Your hypocrisy or your borderline-sociopathic comparisons made about flying.

Quote Originally Posted by Pull My Finger View Post
    They don't "feel it's detrimental to the game". It's detrimental in a certain phase of a given expansion. Is that really too complex of a matter for you to comprehend?
    And what "phase" would that be? Come on, define it.

The initial one, when you are doing things for the first time? Then why flying isn't being granted by completing pathfinder 1 available at launch? Or maybe the "phase" is the initial 8 months, like now? Then doesn't that show that the extent of their "flying is bad" is "flying is making you too fast, we want you to be slow for the first 8 months or so"???

What's your logic here, dear? I get that you want to twist two incompatible things ("flying is bad, stay on the ground, trust us" but "flying is good! come get it and buy some flying mounts on the way!"), but they are kind of untwistable.
    Last edited by rda; 2017-04-12 at 04:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bufferunderrun View Post
    i hope Argus has an introduction scenario all on flying mounts with combat enabled, you fly from the ship and need to kill flying demons, dodge anti air fel cannons, bomb defenses and save turalion ass.

That would be fun but somehow I doubt Blizzard is going to go that far with it. It would not surprise me if next expansion has more air defenses that eject you into a parachute slow-fall though... I would not mind that (unless they just went nuts with it).

Quote Originally Posted by Lewor View Post

I don't know what's sadder. Your hypocrisy or your borderline-sociopathic comparisons made about flying.
    You should probably take some time to reflect on that and get back to me when I care. :P

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pull My Finger View Post
    Incredible nonsense.

What's so hard for you to understand about flying? It makes perfect sense the way it is now. You conquer and experience the content by foot, and earn flying later on for convenience once it makes sense. What part of that in unclear to you? All this other incredible hogwash is silly, petty and small-minded paranoia that's being read into the matter by yourself. You're twisting words and meanings in a petty, disingenuous way.

They don't "feel it's detrimental to the game". It's detrimental in a certain phase of a given expansion. Is that really too complex of a matter for you to comprehend?
    So in BC, Wrath, Cataclysm and Pandaria... the way they did it did NOT make sense? All those years no one caught on to how idiotic they were to allow flying at max level or sooner? That's just crazy huh?

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post

The initial one, when you are doing things for the first time? Then why flying isn't being granted by completing pathfinder 1 available at launch? Or maybe the "phase" is the initial 8 months, like now? Then doesn't that show that the extent of their "flying is bad" is "flying is making you too fast, we want you to be slow for the first 8 months or so"???

What's your logic here, dear? I get that you want to twist two incompatible things ("flying is bad, stay on the ground, trust us" but "flying is good! come get it and buy some flying mounts on the way!"), but they are kind of untwistable.
    No need to define it. The creators of this beautiful game defined it already.

This thread is a further example of these whiners making mountains out of molehills. It's really disgusting.

Deleted
    Actually, this patch should be the proof in the cake wether flying ruins world content or not, because now we have a reason to leave town and have flying. Who do you figure was right?

No flying is simply a designer lobby. They want people to look at their work thousands of times to advance their career. This is not about whats best for the game or the players, its simply selfish stubburness for career advancement.

same with reforging

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpymuppet View Post
    So here you are on MMO-Champion being salty about a game that you will never play again. I'm thankfull you won't return, but would be even more thankfull if you would just read this forum instead of posting on it as well! Thank you!
    You're welcome? I just happened to poke my head into this thread and felt like commenting. WoW isn't the only thing discussed on these forums fyi so tough shit on the me not posting part.

With flying, I actually found myself staying online longer and doing more world quests, simply because it's so much more practical. I think the leveling process and a short/medium length quest chain to unlock flying in an earlier patch would be enough to appreciate whatever the designers want us to appreciate.

If you go with Blizzard's mindset of wanting to keep you logged in the game for as long as possible, for the player who only wants to do the basics, the time spent online is way less. But that's blizzard's mindset, there's also the positive that some people will instead use that time to quest on alts.

Quote Originally Posted by Feuerbart View Post
    No need to define it. The creators of this beautiful game defined it already.
    So what's the definition? Is it "8 months from launch"? Then doesn't that show that what they mean by "flying is bad" is "flying is making you too fast, we want you to be slow for the first 8 months"??

I've said it before, but I think flying unlocking via achievement system isn't too bad. Do I agree with how it's being implemented in Legion? No. {And while I wasn't really there for the hell of WoD, I don't approve of how the system was back then either. }

If Blizz truly feels it is killing the experience, then fine, don't let people fly right off the bat. (I've mentioned it before, but...) Flying back then as a gold sink made sense, you weren't flying right off the bat in BC and at best most people had the slow flight speed. But as gold became easier to acquire, the system needed to change. I think earning flight via achievement and for alts is a great solution to show that you have a main of some type and you've done the content at least once. However, I don't approve of them holding flying hostage until months down the line.

I'd say the only issue is how to deal with new content, say for example flying was a thing a few months after Legion's release and now we're on to 7.2. Ideally I would treat it like Isle of Quel'Danas and perhaps a small unlock requirement then unlocks flying there. But I can't imagine people would enjoy constantly unlocking new areas for flight as patches sprout up...

Quote Originally Posted by AnoExpress View Post
    Because having to do things in a 3D space as opposed to the "2D" ground things we currently have is an inconvenience. Resources located in the air would just be an inconvenience. Same goes for fighting mobs. Then you need to take into account whether or not the WoW engine can do that kind of stuff properly. There's also the issue of making things look good. You can't have the sky littered with mobs at every altitude so you'd need to limit how high mounts can go more than currently which would only make things in the sky more visible.
    I don't need to take any such thing into consideration. TBC, Wotlk, Cata, and MoP all had flying and had zones and content which wasn't broken by flight.

Sure, I mean I'd like it if Blizzard overhauled the entire flight engine and really, FULLY used 3D space, but it's not really necessary to take it that far in order for the game to use flying instead of trying to ignore that it exists.

Quote Originally Posted by AnoExpress View Post
    Now throw in a bunch of mobs to make flying "challenging" and you're looking at a shit show, at least from my PoV
    Oh, you mean how Blizzard throws a bunch of dazing trash mobs onto the ground EVERYWHERE right now? Right....that's somehow not a "shit show"?

- - - Updated - - -

You mean the topic that's been dug up hundreds of times over by the same select group of people? The same topic that inevitably gets locked because it's a repeat of multiple threads before? This whole thread is a farce that's regurgitated over and over.

Why should me pointing out people's shitty posting habits in correlation with these threads be any worse? The sooner they face the reality of their situation the better.
    For the record, new flying threads are made all the time by new and different people. Don't make the mistake of seeing the usual suspects chime in on the argument as the same thing as them making the thread in the first place.

No matter how much people try to downplay the flying issue, it isn't a trivial or insignificant one. Just as many people(if not more) like and want flying than those who don't.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
    Actually, this patch should be the proof in the cake wether flying ruins world content or not, because now we have a reason to leave town and have flying. Who do you figure was right?

No flying is simply a designer lobby. They want people to look at their work thousands of times to advance their career. This is not about whats best for the game or the players, its simply selfish stubburness for career advancement.
    I'm actually very curious to see what happens when players who have already obtained flying start mixing in and doing the same content with players who haven't unlocked it yet. According to the anti-flight people, the game will be ruined forever, and the content will break when a player flies over them.

So far I'm not seeing that happen.

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post

The way it was handled for, like, the LAST THREE EXPANSIONS was perfectly fine, so while I'm not fully sure what part of that is intellectually challenging for you, I can definitely say I don't really give a shit, so ...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    For the record, new flying threads are made all the time by new and different people. Don't make the mistake of seeing the usual suspects chime in on the argument as the same thing as them making the thread in the first place.

No matter how much people try to downplay the flying issue, it isn't a trivial or insignificant one. Just as many people(if not more) like and want flying than those who don't.
    I'm glad you brought that up. I happily took time out to skim through the first 10 pages of threads with "flying" in them. You are literally one of the top 3 posters and moreso than often the top poster in all of the larger threads by a considerable margin.

If you're going to be so deluded enough as to inflate the flying issue by being the prime suspect of padding this shit out and not even realising it then I suggest you look up the word "irony" in the dictionary. You are literally the definition of vocal minority.

I'm glad you brought that up. I happily took time out to skim through the first 10 pages of threads with "flying" in them. You are literally one of the top 3 posters and moreso than often the top poster in all of the larger threads by a considerable margin.

If you're going to be so deluded enough as to inflate the flying issue by being the prime suspect of padding this shit out and not even realising it then I suggest you look up the word "irony" in the dictionary. You are literally the definition of vocal minority.

LOL! Oh Lewor, try as you might, you cannot dismiss the validity of a very large portion of WoW players' concerns. This debate has been going on since Before WoD launched, and will NEVER stop being the number one issue in WoW until Blizzard finally comes to their senses and makes flying available at max level and expansion launch.

And how many of those threads in the top 10 pages were started by me? I'll save you the trouble: None.

However, do I care about flying and will I continue to push for it? You're damn right I will.

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't need to take any such thing into consideration. TBC, Wotlk, Cata, and MoP all had flying and had zones and content which wasn't broken by flight.
    Maybe not broken but trivialized. They are two different things. By allowing flight from the start you eliminate half the value of the zone because people skip over it. That's a proven fact. That's why Cataclysm was so bad since we had flight from the start. Most everyone skipped the coolest zone of all which was Vash'ir because they couldn't fly. In BC, LK and MOP you were unable to fly until nearly max level preserving the flow of each zone. Only LK allowed you to fly 2 levels early because the final zones needed it. The zones in WOD and Legion were designed around not having flight available so it wasn't necessary.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

Deleted
    And how many of those threads in the top 10 pages were started by me? I'll save you the trouble: None.

However, do I care about flying and will I continue to push for it? You're damn right I will.
    At what point did I mention people starting threads? All I said it was the same faces in every thread with you being the prime suspect. Go read my posts again before continuing this line of arguing because you'll find that all you've done is brought up a straw man argument for no reason other than inept reading skills. Go on, I'll happily wait.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    LOL! Oh Lewor, try as you might, you cannot dismiss the validity of a very large portion of WoW players' concerns. This debate has been going on since Before WoD launched, and will NEVER stop being the number one issue in WoW until Blizzard finally comes to their senses and makes flying available at max level and expansion launch.
    Didn't you stop caring? Any other lies you want to waft out while we're all here?