Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by petej0 View Post
    It all depends on who the politicians want to demonize. Notice when gas prices went up Congress called in the Oil execs to explain the rising prices and everyone wanted them investigated for price gouging. College costs and Healthcare costs have skyrocketed. Where are the Congressional hearings to explain it?

We are reminded that our infrastructure is crumbling, that we need universal care, we need expanded social programs and free college. All things other countries have. Yet we are not far behind them in taxation AND WE HAVE NONE OF THAT!
    And neither or any political party is pushing to fix these problems?

And is there anything you can do as a U.S. citizen if you want your people to be treated better so to speak?

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    So, you are admitting I was right then? Does the Queen of England self identify as a Canadian, or maybe instead as British?
    She identifies as both. People can have multiple citizenships.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Just to all who say that in the US you do pay a lot of taxes:

US Tax freedom day 2015 :24 april
    Belgium tax freedom day 2015 :6 August

Quote Originally Posted by Hombregato View Post
    @Draco-Onis
    1) Arguing that there are loopholes and for that reason our tax rates are not among the highest is stupid. If that is the case why not lower them?
    2) I did. Canada is using american capital to fund its r&d. Why are companies doing it? Because its cheaper to do so in Canada. Why? Because of their massive subsidies (mainly through tax credits so its not really funding). My solution we should give even more subsidies or do it like China and use subsidies to cover the entire thing.
    "Fact based policy", then why are you disregarding the swaths of literature that state that trade with China has left the average american worse and reduced innovation. Also why ignore the following facts:
    -China blatantly disregards IP
    - China made policy ( imagine the outrage if we had something similar)
    -Tight capital control
    - Massive subsidies. Also where is the nuance on that?
    1) I agree they should just lower it but the loopholes exist to make exemptions for the rich and corporations, they should lower it and get rid of loopholes.

2) I thought conservatives were against government picking winners and losers and wanting the free market to decide. Those companies are already paying very little to no taxes I rather find another solution around the problem.

As for China it is not our place to tell China what to do, trade policies in the past were awful and have been costly but that is not the current state of China. Their internal policies are not that much worse than that of our other trading partners or our own subsidies and patent policies that have resulted in monopolies. The american system has screwed the average american not the Chinese. You are like someone complaining about a small leak on a boat not realizing that you are on the titanic and it has a gaping hole in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrianth View Post
    She identifies as both. People can have multiple citizenships.
    This is hard to watch...

Don't trip while trying to do this dance of deflection. You remind me of Baghdad Bob. lulz...

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    This is hard to watch...

Don't trip while trying to do this dance of deflection. You remind me of Baghdad Bob. lulz...
    I haven't deflected once. Only responded to your uneducated and ignorant claims.

You on the other hand have done nothing but deflect.

Did your subpar american education teach you what a deflection is?

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    The OP graph is for single tax payers, this graph is families. They don't have a graph for businesses, wish they did.

Obviously most nations want you raise replacement citizens. It's surprising how low Canada's tax rate is, hmmmmm.
    Remember that Canada has provincial taxes that can hit harder on families, among other things. And on top of that, the sales tax here in Québec is double that of the Federal's. Federal taxation isn't the only one, and I'm sure other countries are in a similar position. Whereas I believe France has the vast majority of its taxation done by the State, for instance.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    Remember that Canada has provincial taxes that can hit harder on families, among other things. And on top of that, the sales tax here in Québec is double that of the Federal's. Federal taxation isn't the only one, and I'm sure other countries are in a similar position. Whereas I believe France has the vast majority of its taxation done by the State, for instance.
    I'm sure Bloomberg and OECD took that into account. The US goes even further. They have Federal, State, and I believe country/city income taxes.

The individual tax rates aren't what concern me. Business will leave because our business tax rate is the 10th highest in the world. The only countries that are higher than us, in ascending order:

Pakistan (35%)
    Gabon (35%)
    Burundi (35%)
    Benin (35%)
    Bangladesh (35%)
    Argentina (35%)
    Angola (35%)
    Camaroon (38.5%)
    Greece (58%)

Note: None of these countries have State or Local business taxes, so the USA business tax rate of 35% is actually 35%-47% depending on where you live. Nobody is saying that businesses are leaving because of individual income taxes; that's just fucking retarded.

Note #2: I would also love to hear some feedback about the economic state of literally every country on this list, and try to tell me that they have booming economies.
    CPU: Intel i7 3770K Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V PRO GPU: 2X Asus GTX 770 OC SLI Heatsink: Hyper 212 EVO RAM: Corsair Vengeance 2x8GB 1600mhz SSD: 120Gb Samsung 840 EVO HDD: WD 2tb Caviar Black PSU: Corsair HX850 Case: CM HAF 932 Advanced

I'm sure Bloomberg and OECD took that into account. The US goes even further. They have Federal, State, and I believe country/city income taxes.
    Looking at the link, it does look like they take this into account, but do not count sales taxes and such. But I know a couple in Canada definitely pays more than 12% of their income in taxes, total, so I'm not certain how they arrived to these results.

Also, @ Tijuana, what's with your obsession with the Queen? She's little more than a celebrity nowadays, a nominal Head of State that doesn't do jack and has about as much influence in my life as Meryl Streep has in yours. And yes, her official designation here is Queen of Canada. In New Zealand she's the Queen of New Zealand, so on and so forth. She has so little actual power that she might as well call herself the Queen of Mars and it wouldn't affect shit anyways.

Looking at the link, it does look like they take this into account, but do not count sales taxes and such. But I know a couple in Canada definitely pays more than 12% of their income in taxes, total, so I'm not certain how they arrived to these results.

Also, @ Tijuana, what's with your obsession with the Queen? She's little more than a celebrity nowadays, a nominal Head of State that doesn't do jack and has about as much influence in my life as Meryl Streep has in yours. And yes, her official designation here is Queen of Canada. In New Zealand she's the Queen of New Zealand, so on and so forth. She has so little actual power that she might as well call herself the Queen of Mars and it wouldn't affect shit anyways.
    What benefit does she provide to Canadia? How is it not embarrassing to you, to have a foreign queen on your money? Does it not bother you at all, that the rest of the world sees you as a puppet state?

I'm moving to Chile.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    The US had much higher tax on corporations and the economy was doing fine. Then Reagan came along and gave massive tax breaks to the wealthy and raised taxes for the middle class.

The US has never recovered from this and the middle class has been stagnating ever since.
    Why the hell wouldn't I offshore my American corporation if there were laughably high corporate taxes? They already offshore.

Now, if the left would come around on tariffs, maybe we could come up with something that might actually work.

Quote Originally Posted by lordsphinx View Post
    The individual tax rates aren't what concern me. Business will leave because our business tax rate is the 10th highest in the world. The only countries that are higher than us, in ascending order:

Pakistan (35%)
    Gabon (35%)
    Burundi (35%)
    Benin (35%)
    Bangladesh (35%)
    Argentina (35%)
    Angola (35%)
    Camaroon (38.5%)
    Greece (58%)

Note: None of these countries have State or Local business taxes, so the USA business tax rate of 35% is actually 35%-47% depending on where you live. Nobody is saying that businesses are leaving because of individual income taxes; that's just fucking retarded.

Note #2: I would also love to hear some feedback about the economic state of literally every country on this list, and try to tell me that they have booming economies.
    Corporations pay nowhere near that tax rate.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    What benefit does she provide to Canadia?
    Culture and history.

How is it not embarrassing to you, to have a foreign queen on your money?
    Because she's not foreign and the monarch played an important part of Canadian history

Does it not bother you at all, that the rest of the world sees you as a puppet state?
    Only idiots see Canada, or any country that still has the Queen as their head of state, as a puppet state.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't know about their household income tax chart, but the individual tax chart is pretty spot on for me at least. I don't think household income taxes are different from individual taxes on your actual paycheque but you do get deductions at the end of the year which is probably what they are taking into account to arrive at that 12%.

Culture and history.

Because she's not foreign and the monarch played an important part of Canadian history

Only idiots see Canada, or any country that still has the Queen as their head of state, as a puppet state.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't know about their household income tax chart, but the individual tax chart is pretty spot on for me at least. I don't think household income taxes are different from individual taxes on your actual paycheque but you do get deductions at the end of the year which is probably what they are taking into account to arrive at that 12%.
    Well, if you are going to resort to name calling, I just don't care to continue. Good day.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well, if you are going to resort to name calling, I just don't care to continue. Good day.
    If you see Canada as a puppet state, to presumably the UK, then you are ignorant and uneducated. That is not name calling, that is a fact.

Corporations pay nowhere near that tax rate.
    The corporate tax rate on my company is indeed 35%, + 6.35% state income tax, 13.4% Federal Payroll Tax, 9.3% Social Security Tax, 2.1% Medicare Tax, 2% State Payroll Tax, and 1.5% Local Payroll Tax, for a grand total of 69.65%. After all deductions, depreciation, reinvestment, and pre-tax investment, we pay about 40%. This is still among the highest in the world.
    CPU: Intel i7 3770K Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V PRO GPU: 2X Asus GTX 770 OC SLI Heatsink: Hyper 212 EVO RAM: Corsair Vengeance 2x8GB 1600mhz SSD: 120Gb Samsung 840 EVO HDD: WD 2tb Caviar Black PSU: Corsair HX850 Case: CM HAF 932 Advanced

Quote Originally Posted by lordsphinx View Post
    The corporate tax rate on my company is indeed 35%, + 6.35% state income tax, 13.4% Federal Payroll Tax, 9.3% Social Security Tax, 2.1% Medicare Tax, 2% State Payroll Tax, and 1.5% Local Payroll Tax, for a grand total of 69.65%. Ask me how I know this...
    And how much of that is actually paid?

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    And how much of that is actually paid?
    If he's a small company, probably all of it. But corporate taxes are strictly on profit, so I don't feel too bad for them.