Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    I paid for it by fulfilling a contractual agreement, and I work for a major insurance company, not a public institution, hate to pop your bubble. Go check your privilege.

- - - Updated - - -

Give it up. You made a stupid comment and I called you out on it. Get over it.
    When will you stop lying about being in the military?

15+ Year Old Account
    I paid for it by fulfilling a contractual agreement, and I work for a major insurance company, not a public institution, hate to pop your bubble. Go check your privilege.
    Ah right, so that must make you different than other people who use government funds to enrich their lives. What do you do in insurance?
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    When will you stop lying about being in the military?
    Damn, getting desperate. Go call endus to save you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Damn, getting desperate. Go call endus to save you.
    I'm just borrowing your tactic. Are you saying you are desperate? No denial either. Are you actually not in the military? Why do you want to make veterans look bad? Do you hate veterans?

Quote Originally Posted by Daelak View Post
    Ah right, so that must make you different than other people who use government funds to enrich their lives. What do you do in insurance?
    I establish infrastructure for catastrophic claims teams, Risk Analysis, and work on catastrophic claims teams if required. Why are you even asking me these questions.

10+ Year Old Account
    BTW for those asking, to my knowledge its state taxes and only NY public colleges/unis.

Great, this will make NY even more competitive on the world stage, attracting the brightest minds to make above average incomes and aggregate wealth. If only conservatives would understand how a more educated populace would be better for national security, then we could move on to real issues like forced migration due to climate change.]
    Like I said a Republican Gov in TN signed a similar bill in 2014. As someone who leans conservative I see the pros and cons of something like this. If it was this or graduating $100k or more in debt, handicapping our youth fresh out of college with huge debts on a meager starting salary, I choose tax payer funded college. Same with health care. Your dig at conservatives is part of the reason why we have such a divide in this country. We cant sit down and talk about issues and come to agreements without both sides demonizing and putting down the other. I think common ground can be reached but both sides are firmly in their corner and dont want to talk, let alone compromise on issues.

15+ Year Old Account
    I establish infrastructure for catastrophic claims teams, Risk Analysis, and work on catastrophic claims teams if required. Why are you even asking me these questions.
    Because it sounds like you work in conjunction with FEMA.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by petej0 View Post
    Like I said a Republican Gov in TN signed a similar bill in 2014. As someone who leans conservative I see the pros and cons of something like this. If it was this or graduating $100k or more in debt, handicapping our youth fresh out of college with huge debts on a meager starting salary, I choose tax payer funded college. Same with health care. Your dig at conservatives is part of the reason why we have such a divide in this country. We cant sit down and talk about issues and come to agreements without both sides demonizing and putting down the other. I think common ground can be reached but both sides are firmly in their corner and dont want to talk, let alone compromise on issues.
    It's 2 year colleges, and guess what, state republicans in Tennessee, my state, were wholly against it. So don't give me this false idea of compromise from republicans, because they can't even agree among themselves, and they sure as hell won't compromise with democrats on issues such as healthcare and education, because they know a more educated populace and healthier populace will not vote for their agenda.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quit the personal bickering, NOW

Because it sounds like you work in conjunction with FEMA.

- - - Updated - - -

It's 2 year colleges, and guess what, state republicans in Tennessee, my state, were wholly against it. So don't give me this false idea of compromise from republicans, because they can't even agree among themselves, and they sure as hell won't compromise with democrats on issues such as healthcare and education, because they know a more educated populace and healthier populace will not vote for their agenda.
    I work with FEMA, but not for FEMA. Even if I did work for FEMA, so what.

It's 2 year colleges, and guess what, state republicans in Tennessee, my state, were wholly against it. So don't give me this false idea of compromise from republicans, because they can't even agree among themselves, and they sure as hell won't compromise with democrats on issues such as healthcare and education,
    My point was it was similar (Not exact), and it was a Republican Gov who signed it. It doesnt matter if the State Republicans were for it or not. I wasnt selling any idea of compromise, just that a republican gov signed something very controversial to the party ideal.

because they know a more educated populace and healthier populace will not vote for their agenda.
    I didnt know Democrats owned education and health. Go ahead keep painting. Voters will vote for which ever politician gives them something.
    Last edited by petej0; 2017-04-12 at 09:22 PM.

Government sees a shortage of ppl with a certain level of education, or of a certain profession.
    Government provides an opportunity for people to get that profession and then work for the state to pay back the tuition costs - only seems logical to me.

The income cap is something that seems really odd for me.
    There should be an exam of some sort so that the best can get into the program, not the income cap on their parents.

Education should be a thing for the brightest and most determined, not for the ones that have poor parents.

A poor moron is in no way better than a rich moron.

$100k cap seems kindof low considering the cost of living in NYC. In other parts of NY, that income cap seems a little high.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PassingBy View Post
    Government sees a shortage of ppl with a certain level of education, or of a certain profession.
    Government provides an opportunity for people to get that profession and then work for the state to pay back the tuition costs - only seems logical to me.

The income cap is something that seems really odd for me.
    There should be an exam of some sort so that the best can get into the program, not the income cap on their parents.

Education should be a thing for the brightest and most determined, not for the ones that have poor parents.

A poor moron is in no way better than a rich moron.
    Alaska has (had?) a program where students with a certain high school GPA got four years tuition-free at University of Alaska. I feel like that might be a better solution...of course it's not a perfect solution, you could skate through all of the non-honors/AP courses as an above average student.

I didnt know Democrats owned education and health. Go ahead keep painting. Voters will vote for which ever politician gives them something.
    And for someone who doesn't try to take away something they already have, at least that pisses of our voters a lot.

15+ Year Old Account
    My point was it was similar (Not exact), and it was a Republican Gov who signed it. It doesnt matter if the State Republicans were for it or not. I wasnt selling any idea of compromise, just that a republican gov signed something very controversial to the party ideal.

Well yeah, look at the raping of public education funds in states with charter schools, and also for states that didn't expand medicaid for their state exchanges.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hisholyness View Post
    24 hours a semester is minimum full time student (12 in spring and 12 in fall). The first requirements seem easy, but how is the third to be enforced?
    It gets converted into a student loan if you decide to move.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    Does NYS have a lot of openings in the Liberal Arts or Social Sciences?

I do not see too many useful degrees coming from this program.

But if New York wants to pay for Maddison and Emma to get drunk every other night and plowed by the football team....so be it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Delana View Post
    You know those states in the center of the country that you don't give any fucks about? They grow your food.
    Being from California....not really.

So can I give no fucks now?

7+ Year Old Account
    Yet another reason to kick the state of New York out the Union(with the expectation that they keep providing welfare to "red" states). An easy win for MAGA!

Deleted
    k-5th or 6th is considered Elementary School in most districts
    6th or 7th-8th is considered Middle School in most districts
    9th-12th is considered HighSchool

College/University is after highschool
    What the hell a 'college' is then, it seems they neither teach tech skills nor anything to make you employement-worthy?
    Sorry writing this drunk, but honetly want answers...
    Last edited by mmoc8c38b7d291; 2017-04-12 at 11:36 PM.

Deleted
    So now you pay taxes to fund shaniqua latishas 7 year black history masters degree as well as erik m cucko's phd in feminism and genderfluidity for 15 years.

Oh well, still beats refugee hotels.