Poll: Would you fight and chances die for your country?

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Im serving Azeroth as we speak.

If an enemy was physically attacking my country (such as a terrorist pulling a knife on a train or an army invading (not sure if the army thing would ever happen but.... for arguments sake..) I would fight them and would be willing to die "for my country."

If by "die for country" you mean: join the army then get sent to our current flavor of the moment hellhole because some politician deems it vital to "our interests," then "hell no."

Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    I'm pointing out the fact that Quebecer's are very self important, Thats what I'm saying. With that said i'd die to protect any part of Canada, Quebec included.

The problem is that Quebecers always identify themselves as such, never as Canadians. I don't self identify as an Ontarian. But whatever floats your boat then.

- - - Updated - - -

Its a hypothetical, not a fact.
    Well it's a dumb question, might as well ask if I would defend my country if it gets invaded by Uzi wielding Sharks.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    No, not specifically. I would die for loved ones, but we already have pay people to die for our country, so I'll let them do it.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

15+ Year Old Account
    No, I would not fight for my country, let alone die for it. Anyone who dies for a nation is a complete fucking moron. It is one thing to say you're willing to fight/die to protect people you love, or to protect certain ideals, but a country in and of itself has zero value and isn't worth fighting or dying for ever.

Now, the thing is that the scenario in your post is entirely different from what the headline suggests.
    Most people would want to help defend their home if some barbarians like ISIS or Trump-USA were to suddenly invade in an attempt to force their horrible backwards ideas into your home. It's one of the few cases where I'd rather die fighting that then see my friends and family struggle to live in the dystopian shithole that is left behind by those invaders.
    But that isn't "fighting for my country", it's "defending against the people who 'fight for their country'".
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    Blizzard didn't have any problem killing Kael'thas, Illidan, Kael'thas, Lady Vashj, or even Kael'thas.

It is sad to see so many people who would rather run away instead of fight for their fellow citizens from an incoming invasion. Republican or Democrat does not matter to me if my fellow citizens were being attacked I would fight in the hope that the upcoming generation would not have to and be able to live in a country(US) that allows us the freedoms that it does. If the example of the invading force(ISIS) won then the rights we do have would be gone under their(ISIS) control.

Whether or not I would depend on who the invaders were, reason they are invading, and what my country is like at the time of the invasion.

I mean if my country became Nazi Germany 2.0 unless the country that invades is even more fucked up then I wouldn't fight them.

Depends, but chances are I'd pick up more then a few weapons and join a militia.

Deleted
    Yes i would, this is my home my ancestors fought and died here and so will i if the needs arises.

15 years ago I would just have answered in 1 word, yes. Now... it depends. USA is getting so liberal and anti strait white males. I'm thankful Trump won but the fact is more people voted for Hillary.

If it was a civil war to crush liberals once and for all, he'll yes sign me up. If we keep going down the track of being more liberal sjw pro anyone who isn't white then no, because it's not the country I cared for anymore.

Sorry to deviate from ISIS in invading bit it's just less realistic then aliens or crab people invading.
    Last edited by Cruor; 2017-04-12 at 11:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruor View Post
    15 years ago I would just have answered in 1 word, yes. Now... it depends. USA is getting so liberal and anti strait white males. I'm thankful Trump won but the fact is more people voted for Hillary.

If it was a civil war to crush liberals once and for all, he'll yes sign me up. If we keep going down the track of being more liberal sjw pro anyone who isn't white then no, because it's not the country I cared for anymore.
    Wouldn't be too worried about the liberals. I don't know the situation in the US, but here there's one colossal backlash incoming and seeing as Trump got elected in the US, it's a good hint the situation is the same over there. I much dislike Trump, personally, but if anything he is an indication that many americans feel sick of leftist-liberalism. As do I.

I might just be forced to. My country not only allows people to go down to Syria and other areas to join ISIS, but they also allow these people to return back to Sweden and treat them like victims/ordinary citizens when every single expert agrees that "You're not allowed to leave ISIS, they will kill you for doing so...". If these people have been with ISIS and then returned, it's more than likely that they proved their loyalty first and are now serving as cells.

I predict many more terrorist crimes in my country in years to come as a result of our government's ineptitude.

Would I die for my government? No. Fuck that. I'd die for my family, but I wouldn't trust my government to be competent and ruthless enough to handle a war-scale attack on this country.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Countries are already being conquered slowly.

This is how it works, according to Dr. Hammond:

When the Muslim population remains under 2% in a country, they will be seen primarily as a peace-loving minority and not as a threat to other citizens. This is the current situation in:

United States — Muslim 0.6%

Australia — Muslim 1.5%

Canada — Muslim 1.9%

China — Muslim 1.8%

Italy — Muslim 1.5%

Norway — Muslim 1.8%

As the Muslim population reaches 2% to 5%, they begin to recruit from ethnic minorities and disaffected groups, within prisons and street gangs. This is happening in:

Denmark — Muslim 2%

Germany — Muslim 3.7%

United Kingdom — Muslim 2.7%

Spain — Muslim 4%

Thailand — Muslim 4.6%

“From 5% on, they exercise an inordinate influence in proportion to their percentage of the population,” Dr. Hammond notes. “For example, they will push for the introduction of halal (clean by Islamic standards) food” and increase pressure on supermarket chains to feature such food on their shelves — along with threats for failure to comply. This is happening in:

France — Muslim 8%

Philippines — 5%

Sweden — Muslim 5%

Switzerland — Muslim 4.3%

The Netherlands — Muslim 5.5%

Trinidad & Tobago — Muslim 5.8%

Soon they begin to apply pressure to allow Sharia law within their own communities (sometimes ghettos).

“When Muslims approach 10% of the population, they tend to increase lawlessness as a means of complaint about their conditions,” Dr. Hammond notes. “In Paris, we are already seeing car-burnings. Any non-Muslim action offends Islam, and results in uprisings and threats, such as in Amsterdam, with opposition to Mohammed cartoons and films about Islam.” These tensions are seen on a regular basis in:

Guyana — Muslim 10%
    Riots in Pakistan, 2013
    Riots in Pakistan, 2013

India — Muslim 13.4%

Israel — Muslim 16%

Kenya — Muslim 10%

Russia — Muslim 15%

The violence increases when the Muslim population reaches 20%. “After reaching 20%, nations can expect hair-trigger rioting, jihad militia formations, sporadic killings, and the burnings of Christian churches and Jewish synagogues,” such as in:

Ethiopia — Muslim 32.8%

“At 40%, nations experience widespread massacres, chronic terror attacks, and ongoing militia warfare,” such as in:

Bosnia — Muslim 40%

Chad — Muslim 53.1%

Lebanon — Muslim 59.7%

From 60%, persecution of non-believing “infidels” rises significantly, including sporadic ethnic cleansing (genocide), use of Sharia law as a weapon, and Jizya, a tax placed on infidels, such as in:

Albania — Muslim 70%

Malaysia — Muslim 60.4%

Qatar — Muslim 77.5%

Sudan — Muslim 70%

After 80%, expect daily intimidation and violent jihad, some State-run ethnic cleansing, and even some genocide, as these nations drive out “infidels,” and move toward a 100% Muslim society, which has been experienced to some degree in:

Bangladesh — Muslim 83%

Egypt — Muslim 90%

Gaza — Muslim 98.7%

Indonesia — Muslim 86.1%

Iran — Muslim 98%

Iraq — Muslim 97%

Jordan — Muslim 92%

Morocco — Muslim 98.7%

Pakistan — Muslim 97%

Palestine — Muslim 99%

Syria — Muslim 90%

Tajikistan — Muslim 90%

Turkey — Muslim 99.8%

United Arab Emirates — Muslim 96%

A 100% Muslim society will theoretically usher in their version of peace — the peace of ‘Dar-es-Salaam’ — the Islamic House of Peace. “Here there’s supposed to be peace, because everybody is a Muslim, the Madrassas are the only schools, and the Koran is the only word,” such as in:

Afghanistan — Muslim 100%

Saudi Arabia — Muslim 100%

Somalia — Muslim 100%

Yemen — Muslim 100%

Depends on what its for

Would i die if my country was actually underattack and invaded - YES I WOULD

Would i die just so a few rich arseholes can get slightly richer - FUCK NO!

Yes I would. Hell, I already served for 7 years.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    No. By the recent election, my country doesn't deserve my sacrifice.
    So because something didn't go your way (the election), you're decision is "screw everyone else and my country." Got it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GothamCity View Post
    Yeah I'm not going to die, because of some arbitrary line that was draw hundreds of years ago
    So you'll submit and die on your knees. Interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Docturphil View Post
    ISIS is a joke and this would never happen with ISIS, but if they somehow were powerful enough to invade the US and actually present a threat to my life and/or my way of life, yes I absolutely would fight. Anyone who would just roll over and accept their fate doesn't deserve to live here.
    Me too, I think.
    I am not a Republican or a Democrat..... I just hate Trump with a passion. If he was on fire I wouldn't piss on him to put him out.

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaOut View Post
    So you'll submit and die on your knees. Interesting.
    That wasn't the question posed by the OP. Please don't twist my words.

To elaborate: If the conflict was overseas/pointless like ISIS, Vietnam, Middle East, etc, then absolutely not.

If our country was attacked, and I was asked by the government to help (i.e. WW2 style), absolutely not. The power of the US military is unrivaled, and my taxes already cover my defense.

If our country was attacked, and we looked like we'd lose, I'd emmigrate to the UK on grounds of ancestry. If it's unsafe there, then to New Zealand/Australia.

If my community/neighborhood was attacked, I'd defend myself, but I wouldn't be "dying for my country" I'd be dying out of self-preservation.
    Last edited by God Save The King; 2017-04-12 at 11:29 PM.
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

Deleted
    Depends on the situation ofc, but generally not.

And by die, i am assuming fighting, not suicide.

Nope. There isn't a single cause I could believe in that would be worth my life.
    I level warriors, I have 48 max level warriors.

10+ Year Old Account
    Would I fight for my country? Yes. Would I die for my country? Well that generally depends on the skill of who I'm subordinate to.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.