Thread: Maximillian?

Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Maximillian?

Has anyone been able to start his questchain as follower? Or is it also locked till Class Hall Campaign starts?

It's locked - the front page of MMO has the release dates of specific milestones in 7.2, the order hall campaign is on there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Uniel View Post
    It's locked - the front page of MMO has the release dates of specific milestones in 7.2, the order hall campaign is on there.
    Thank you for clearing it up. Wasn't sure if Maximillian counted as he is technically a "hidden" follower.

10+ Year Old Account
    So now he should be able to get grabbed. However I cannot start his questline. Also went to the springs in Un'goro and got nothing..

thoughts? ideas?

You first have to complete his quest chain in Un'goro and to complete the Order Hall quest, to recruit Nerus Moonfang.
    If you have done both, you should recieve an ingame mail with an attached letter, starting the quest, to find him in Highmountain, where his quest continues. I have heard, that the letter is only in the mail box of the chapel above the orderhall. However, not so sure about the latest part.

I have him, but he doesnt show up in Order Hall, ya know, just walking around
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

Quote Originally Posted by Kellorion View Post
    I have him, but he doesnt show up in Order Hall, ya know, just walking around
    He got lost. There are just so many "damsels" to rescue and so many "dragons" to slay you know?

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    He got lost. There are just so many "damsels" to rescue and so many "dragons" to slay you know?
    Yeah, after Doloria was erm "kidnapped" again, his eternal search continues. Poor guy. His love is always kidnapped...
    Although, he should probably be arrested. He murdered one lady in Un'goro by throwing her down a cliff, murdered the parrot of an other woman, is a notorious stalker...
    Last edited by josykay; 2017-04-13 at 12:41 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Tried to get him yesterday with a friend of mine. We both did our pre-requisites (order hall campaign up to and including Nerus Moonfang recruited, all of the Un'Goro quests done) but when we returned to the Order Hall, he received a letter right away while I...didn't. Tried the entire basic trouble-shooting kit, aka reload, relog, running to the mailbox at the chapel and back, running to Dalaran and back.
    Nothing. We haven't yet figured out why it didn't trigger for me. Already sent a ticket to Blizzard though, hope they can shed some light on it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Leenaleena View Post
    Tried to get him yesterday with a friend of mine. We both did our pre-requisites (order hall campaign up to and including Nerus Moonfang recruited, all of the Un'Goro quests done) but when we returned to the Order Hall, he received a letter right away while I...didn't. Tried the entire basic trouble-shooting kit, aka reload, relog, running to the mailbox at the chapel and back, running to Dalaran and back.
    Nothing. We haven't yet figured out why it didn't trigger for me. Already sent a ticket to Blizzard though, hope they can shed some light on it.
    its bugged , needs a weekly reset. talked with a gm

Thanks for the info, I was wondering

So just to clarify, If I have the first new follower, Nerus, and I have already been to Unguru and did all of Maximillian's quests (just his, not the entire zone) - I should get a mail to go get him? because I got nothing so far...
    Would love a clarification.

Deleted
    Could somebody please provide me some information what i have to do to get the "hidden" followers?

I read about Maximilian, Meatball and another one, but i did not find any further information so far.

I am currently at work where most other mmo-sites are blocked, this is why i ask here, and do not use google - so please don't kill for asking here

I believe Max, like all classes 'hidden' second 7.2 follower is time gated. So you'll get him the next week after starting the 7.2 stuff and getting Nerus. You also might have to do his quest chain in ungoro, but not 100% on that. It starts from from a quest item in the mail.

Meatball you have to start the brawlers guild and complete the first brawl, then you get a series of 4-5 follower missions that ultimately lead to getting him as a follower.

Moroes, as far as I'm aware, is and just an uncommon drop off the mythic (maybe heroic?) version of karazhan.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by tuesday the paladin View Post
    I believe Max, like all classes 'hidden' second 7.2 follower is time gated. So you'll get him the next week after starting the 7.2 stuff and getting Nerus. You also might have to do his quest chain in ungoro, but not 100% on that. It starts from from a quest item in the mail.

Meatball you have to start the brawlers guild and complete the first brawl, then you get a series of 4-5 follower missions that ultimately lead to getting him as a follower.

Moroes, as far as I'm aware, is and just an uncommon drop off the mythic (maybe heroic?) version of karazhan.
    There are only two of such followers in 7.2; Max and the goblin mage with the silly name and tophat. No one else gets a secret'ish follower.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by garthvedar View Post
    So just to clarify, If I have the first new follower, Nerus, and I have already been to Unguru and did all of Maximillian's quests (just his, not the entire zone) - I should get a mail to go get him? because I got nothing so far...
    Would love a clarification.
    As soon as you zone to your Order Hall, the mail should appear.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

7+ Year Old Account
    So, even after a reset, no letter from Maximillian. The blue response I got last week only said that they were aware of the issue and looking into it. I double checked his location in Un'Goro, but definitely no quests left there.

EDIT: Got some updated news from a friend. Apparently it takes 7 days from when you finished the Un'Goro Quests to the moment when you get the letter. People who got it right away simply managed to profit from a bug.
    Last edited by Leenaleena; 2017-04-19 at 03:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    There are only two of such followers in 7.2; Max and the goblin mage with the silly name and tophat. No one else gets a secret'ish follower
    Ah, well that's unfortunate I guess. Haven't really played a ton on my other classes than paladin this patch so I sort of assumed everyone got two.

So, even after a reset, no letter from Maximillian. The blue response I got last week only said that they were aware of the issue and looking into it. I double checked his location in Un'Goro, but definitely no quests left there.

EDIT: Got some updated news from a friend. Apparently it takes 7 days from when you finished the Un'Goro Quests to the moment when you get the letter. People who got it right away simply managed to profit from a bug.
    If you don't mail things often, try checking it. I was going back to get greens I had left in there when I didn't have time to DE them early that week and had 3 pages of letters from Max. He apparently REALLY wanted to talk to me. Note: I never had a mail icon to show I had any unread.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crysth View Post
    If you don't mail things often, try checking it. I was going back to get greens I had left in there when I didn't have time to DE them early that week and had 3 pages of letters from Max. He apparently REALLY wanted to talk to me. Note: I never had a mail icon to show I had any unread.
    Been doing that pretty much every hour today, especially after reading about that internal 7-day CD thing. I checked my mails for the time I opened the support ticket (which obviously happened after completening everything last week). Seven days have passed since then, and still no bloody letter. Not in my mailbox (I check it often anyways), not after accessing my order hall from any direction, yada yada. I'll probably have to wait until it gets solved officially. Since I actually wanted to use Maximillian in my roster, it's twice as frustrating.

Uh, that's weird, why the most logical way would be called a "bug"? I've got him, did stuff in order 1) unlock nerus and finish the chapter by handing quest to maiev 2) go to ungoro do all the maximillian quests 3) came back to order hall and when I went out to dalaran I had a letter waiting.

Great, so now they added more timegating and people have to wait a week for him?