Poll: Good or Evil?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Thread: Good or Evil?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
    there is no good or evil,
    There is good and evil, the same way there is love and hate ... however people aren't good or evil, just that people do good or evil things.

If good or evil were to exist inherently as part of a person then the most 'evil person' we know would not have been capable of doing good things. This is not the case.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Good. But of course that is what I would call and say is Good.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    I'm pretty sure we understand why their actions were majorly misguided and ultimately detrimental to the people they impacted. It doesn't take appealing to a concept to evil to realize their idea of a "perfect race" was not backed up by evidence and that they hurt a great deal of innocents in the process of pursuing that fictional ideal.
    They did back it up with evidence though. Why do you think eugenics is even today on such a bad reputation?

Deleted
    What if the people that claim to be good might the the evil ones due to their lack of self-knowledge?

Deleted
    I guess.. neutral? I guess my basic philosophy is that if you don't mess with me, I wont mess with you. I dont really care about randoms unless they forcibly involve themselves into my life somehow by say pushing their morality or ideology on me.

Deleted
    I want to change my answer to evil

I'm pretty sure we understand why their actions were majorly misguided and ultimately detrimental to the people they impacted. It doesn't take appealing to a concept to evil to realize their idea of a "perfect race" was not backed up by evidence and that they hurt a great deal of innocents in the process of pursuing that fictional ideal.
    At what point do you call it misguided? Herding thousands in gas chamber children and women; ensuring their dead bodies are stripped of all value, pulling gold fillings, and sometimes even skinning a human body?
    None of which are "misguided."
    I believe that those who don't believe in evil typically perpetuate it.
    I use the word "evil" occasionally, but generally just mean some combination of:
    -selfish to the point of harming others
    -sadistic (which kind of falls under the same thing as selfishness, you're hurting others to benefit yourself by feeling good)
    -delusional to the point of harming others
    All of which can safely apply the word "evil."

Another line that crosses into evil; actions that harm a child, and I speak of actions that aren't "disciplining" a child by any measure.
    Two cases in point:

Pa. dad accused of 'torturing' his 2 kids with shock collar, pliers & vice-grips

3-year-old hung up by feet, beaten, killed

Stories like this is where evil is obvious to me.

I play Death Knight, DEF EVIL

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    Alignment Tests/Quizzes generally place me as Lawful Good.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

7+ Year Old Account
    I see myself as somewhere between chaotic good and chaotic neutral.

They're both made up. However, I think a lawful state is best to live under.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
    there is no good or evil, These are titles we give to actions or belifes that are either in line or against the way we as individuals are programmed by our upbringing.
    So might is right, and the mob rules. That pretty much sum up your worldview?

10+ Year Old Account
    I reject your reality and substitute my own. In my reality, everything I believe in is Good, and everything I don't believe in is Evil. Hence I am good and you are evil!

Seriously though, I'm Neutral Good. Law is good when it is in the hands of people willing to adhere by it, but it can be malicious when it is in the hands of tyrants.
    Last edited by May90; 2017-04-15 at 06:25 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Deleted
    Let me quote Futurama, the spiritual source of all wise:

Evil.. I prefer listening to Heavy Metal songs about Demons, Apocalypse, Death and Treason
    rather than sugar sweet syrupy songs about ex-boyfreinds

15+ Year Old Account
    Concepts of good and evil seem unscientfic, however people have different degrees of emphathy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Dragonheart View Post
    Alignment Tests/Quizzes generally place me as Lawful Good.
    Yup. Alignment tests generally place me as Lawful Good as well - and quite decisively so.

Quote Originally Posted by Aussiedude View Post
    Evil.. I prefer listening to Heavy Metal songs about Demons, Apocalypse, Death and Treason, rather than sugar sweet syrupy songs about ex-boyfreinds
    Taste in music doesn't really say anything.
    Last edited by mmocc02219cc8b; 2017-04-15 at 12:47 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I strive to be a good person. Nobody is perfect.

Politically, I think there are people on the left and the right who would deem me evil though.

Those that have never experienced evil don't usually have much of a grasp of it.
    When push comes to shove, and they see where the line can get crossed...no one wants any of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post

Pic very much related.
    I love this.
    "Leave your personal feedback, don't try to convince them that "everyone" hates something." - Ion Hazzikostas
    It's actually Wowhead, if I quoted directly from Ion the signature would drag out too long.