Poll: Would you fight and chances die for your country?

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    No. There's been plenty of votes that didn't go my way.

My country proved it doesn;t care about facts or decency. Until they learn their lesson and atone for that sin, they can eat a dick.
    a simple difference of opinion, I suppose. I don't look at the political faces that represent my country being the deal breaker of what my country actually represents from a historical perspective. I, personally, enjoy what freedoms the constitution gives me, and will do what I can to protect those rights.

On principle, no. Maybe if the aliens invaded, with utter certainty that they want to wipe us out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sure, if they'd allow me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    If I thought my death would do my country any good. I'd want to know that my death was worth it and that my country wasn't in the shitter or going that way and my death wouldn't change that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scathbais View Post
    Wow, a bunch of cowards in this thread replying no. You would be fighting to save your friends, family and neighbors from tyranny and you would sit on your asses and do nothing? That makes you accessories to whatever evil the invaders inflict on your country. Pathetic.
    Easy there Poindexter, not everyone needs to act like a tough guy on the Internet to make themselves feel better about being a massive nerd.

On topic; the scenario presented is completely absurd.
    ISIS would never invade a country; their entire MO is to get people out of theirs. In their eyes, they are doing exactly what the OP's scenario suggests: fighting to free their friends and family from the tyranny of the oppressor (which in their mind is the Western world.) To anyone who says, "Well, why do they attack people in our cities?" -- that's self-explanatory really. If you aren't able to get them out of your country (they can't get us out of their country), then you start fucking with their country/countries, see if they'll get the hint.

I don't agree with the tactic -- but then again, I don't agree with our involvement in their back yard, either. Everybody's wrong!

Even if none of this were true, and ISIS decided to invade my country, I'm not overly concerned. They're comprised of the Middle Eastern equivalent of trailer trash, with limited education, limited equipment and limited training. A door with a sign that says "Push" (when you actually have to pull it open) would probably be enough to keep them at bay long enough to have any First World nation's military finish them off.

And to go even further; even if ISIS wasn't some ragtag gang of farmers and mouthbreathers, and even if ISIS completely did an about-face and decided to start invading other countries (rather than just trying to get other countries to leave them the fuck alone), then no, I still wouldn't fight for my country.

I have no particular attachment to the geographic location - surrounded by imaginary lines that were drawn as a result of wars/treaties/arbitrary bunk science - that my birth just happened to occur within. And while I do see myself as fortunate to have been born here - it could have been a lot worse! - I don't believe that my claim to existence here supersedes someone else's. (Yes, I am in favour of open borders. Anyone who wants to live here, and contribute, should be allowed to.) If I or a member of my family were faced with a direct threat, then I would probably do something - maybe even resulting for my death. But it would be in defense of their lives, and not over some bullshit idea of "national pride" -- the dumbest concept to ever be created by human beings.

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaOut View Post
    a simple difference of opinion, I suppose. I don't look at the political faces that represent my country being the deal breaker of what my country actually represents from a historical perspective. I, personally, enjoy what freedoms the constitution gives me, and will do what I can to protect those rights.
    You don't read either.

This isn't a simple political difference. Those have happened before. This is different.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    You don't read either.

This isn't a simple political difference. Those have happened before. This is different.
    How is it different?

Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    To deter an invasion? Yes.
    For the sake of principle? No.
    Yet Americans wonder why people of other countries die trying to deter US invasions.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Glnger View Post
    I'd die to defend the right to legally smoke weed in my state before I died to defend a Nation that want's to imprison me for it.
    You need to schedule an appointment at psychiatrist.

defense and counter attack yes, attack as in invasion no.

Deleted
    Everyone who voted no should be hunted down like a dog n be thrown in prison or loose citizenship. You are pure trash garbage leeching off ur country. But seriously, should be shot in the neck n be left to rot.

Stopping isis is stopping their horrendous crimes, if you don't care then ur narcissist subhuman rat!
    Last edited by mmocf1aa149946; 2017-04-13 at 07:32 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    While willing to fight for my country, I prefer Gen. Patton's view of making the other side die for their country.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    No. By the recent election, my country doesn't deserve my sacrifice.
    I'm sure a grand wizard such as yourself would not meet recruitment standards.

- - - Updated - - -

I'd die for my country to defend it. I would not die to help some foreigners or in an invasion in the Middle East.

Fuck no.

/10 fuck

10+ Year Old Account
    Absolutely not. Not for land, money, principles.
    I would only die for someone else, propably someone I love or think highly of.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pie Eater View Post
    Have you read the planned frost mage "nerfs" ?!? It's like nerfing a hangman's rope by coloring it blue.
    Mr. Smith about the cost of Triple-spec
    3k gold right off the bat, about 5 silver a week later.

Deleted
    if the US INVADES MY COUNTY would be cool i can vote for Trump in 4 years

Deleted
    To convince people (and by that I mean men only, since women have never been conscripted for mass war) to give up their lives for their country, you have to convince them that they are fighting for something greater than themselves

The best ways to do this are either by inciting patriotism and love of family/community, or hatred against an opponent or ideology (or both); religion, homogeneity of population, and a culture of self-sacrifice aid greatly in creating these motives

Right now, our culture is just the opposite of all of that

Mass conscription would be impossible right now; but really, with automation and technology the way it is, it likely won't be needed ever again anyway

Deleted
    Haha no. Not for any country for that matter.

Deleted
    Hahahaha, no...

Hell would freeze over before ISIS would bother with Poland, especially to a degree of outright invasion, so rather than signing up if placed in such a scenario I'd rather wake up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

With our current government, nope.