Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Polybius View Post
    Yeah, and Med'an is Guardian of Tirisfal.
    That's a retcon, unless otherwise stated, like in this particular case the comics are canon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, and Med'an is Guardian of Tirisfal.
    Med'an wasn't even Guardian at the end of the comics. You wanna know what says Med'an remained the Guardian of Tirisfal? Prophet's Lesson, Velen's short story. Uh oh... I guess none of the short stories are canon then.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Memnok View Post
    I have been under the assumption that both C'thun and Yogg are both alive and their prisons resealed that is what resulted in us defeating them. We defeated the parts of them that had broken through their prisons and had started corrupting the world around them. The old gods are massive burrowing their bodies deep into the world. Y'Shaarj was killed when a titan literally pulled it out of the world ripping it apart in the process and leaving a wound in the planet that became known as the well of eternity. We only attacked and defeated tiny portions of Yogg and C'thun.
    That's a wrong assumptions. The only old god still alive is N'zoth. The rest of them are as dead as someone in Warcraft universe can be. It has been confirmed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Med'an wasn't even Guardian at the end of the comics. You wanna know what says Med'an remained the Guardian of Tirisfal? Prophet's Lesson, Velen's short story. Uh oh... I guess none of the short stories are canon then.
    Right, so tell me again how 'Hard Choices' is canon, especially when it's an entirely different canon from Prophet's Lesson (Velen's visions of the future).

10+ Year Old Account
    It's the very definition of an essence. Hence why I said, 'essence'. They don't need a physical body to cast influence, Y'shaarj's leftovers were proof of that.
    ...except you didn't say 'essence'.

10+ Year Old Account
    ...except you didn't say 'essence'.
    You're right. I said remnants. Fixed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Right, so tell me again how 'Hard Choices' is canon, especially when it's an entirely different canon from Prophet's Lesson (Velen's visions of the future).
    There are only 3 canons:
    1. The Warcraft game universe, which includes all its extended universe materials (novels, short stories, comics, videos, guides, etc.).
    2. The Warcraft movie universe, which includes all its extended universe materials.
    3. The Warcraft tabletop RPG, which is non-canon for anything else (previously part of the Warcraft game universe canon).

The comics, all of them, are part of the Warcraft game universe.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    is the WoW comicbooks series non-canon, or you were talking only about Med'an as a Guardian being non-canon?
    Med'an as Guardian (Alex_Afrasiabi)
    And again, Med'an wasn't even Guardian at the end of that comic.

Quote Originally Posted by Vynestra View Post
    Anyone ever think yogg-saron said what he said because ...they wanted him to sound like a bad ass when dying?

Yall put way too much thought into what was said back in wotlk, literally like 8-9 years ago. Yes, 8-9 yearsssssssssssssssssssss, you put far too much emphasis on it.

Blizz will take that and run with it now maybe, but i can promise you back in bc they never had the idea of dh's being sent to mardum to fight the legion in an xpac 10+ years after it launched.

I'd suspect something bosses say -now- as foreshadowing, as blizz plans this shit out now, but 8-9 years ago they definitely did not do nearly as good of a job.
    Blizz didn't even reveal what "Uulwi ifis halahg gag erh'ongg w'ssh" meant until 5 years after WoTLK.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimo View Post
    Ok - let's think about this

According to Chronicle, the Emerald Dream is probably born from the dream of the slumbering world-soul, and that Keeper Freya tapped into the dream to communicate with the nascent Titan.

These two voices have something in common: world trees.

It was Archimonde's death that destroyed Nordrassil, while Yogg was the one who corrupted Andrassil and used it to get into the dream.

Shaladrassil is all but dead. If the Dream is the consciousness of the sleeping world-soul, could this be the 'three deaths' that Ilgynoth is talking about?

That's three world trees, all with a connection to the sleeping world soul. There are also references to 'nightmares' in this scenario.
    HOLY SH*T this makes too much sense not to be it. The il'gynoth quotes about a "crater heart" and a "third death" are definitely refering to azeroth. The king of diamonds is obviously Magni too.

What about the "boy king" ? I'm thinking Wrathion tricking us into defeating the legion and Sargeras since he is a big threat to the Old Gods.

We did kill C'thun. This is stated in the quests. The plot of the comics was Cho'gall trying to resurrect it.

Yogg had broken through all but the last of its restraints.

We killed Yogg as well. Yogg says it's gonna die and is salty about it. "Your fate is sealed. The end of days is finally upon you and ALL who inhabit this miserable little seedling. The shadow of my corpse will choke this land for all eternity."
    Wasn't it more of Cho'galls body was dead, but he was still there and present, waiting to be ressed. Like he was a ghost floating over his dead body, watching and empowering cho'gall. Or like in a death like coma(again).

I personally believe that Yogg'Saron isn't dead in the traditional sense. I feel like we killed his physical form, but that soul or whatever is still there and apart of like an Old God network. If someone were foolish enough to latch a chosen one onto him, maybe he'd come back.

Deleted
    I think all those people wetting their pants over old god's returning are forgetting that this is a Theramoreisabomb thread.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pwaite View Post

What about the "boy king" ? I'm thinking Wrathion tricking us into defeating the legion and Sargeras since he is a big threat to the Old Gods.
    Its anduin for old gods sake, i mean come on, you have to be completely blind and deaf to not realize that.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeBogina View Post
    I personally believe that Yogg'Saron isn't dead in the traditional sense. I feel like we killed his physical form, but that soul or whatever is still there and apart of like an Old God network. If someone were foolish enough to latch a chosen one onto him, maybe he'd come back.
    That is death in he traditional sense.

ROFL a warnng has ZERO credibility when the villains in your story never win and cant even kill ONE major lore hero in a fair fight.

Horrible writing.

Honestly my first thought is "oh lets grind that zothfall rep"

- - - Updated - - -

Doesnt matter if nzoth dies anyway. The void lords can probably sprinkle 20 more old gods on azeroth. Wed kill them all with no losses, of course.
    Last edited by Kokolums; 2017-04-13 at 01:32 PM.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

10+ Year Old Account
    ROFL a warnng has ZERO credibility when the villains in your story never win and cant even kill ONE major lore hero in a fair fight.

Varian Wrynn, Vol'Jinn, and even Ysera.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Varian Wrynn, Vol'Jinn, and even Ysera.
    Tirion, Bolvar, Maraad...

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeBogina View Post
    I get YoggSaron's echoing voice, Old Gods tend to know the future. But Archimonde's was just boasting before he failed.

If it was just Yogg, I can see this as his schemes are still active and haunting us, but since Archimonde's is included, it's gotta just be some flashback stuff. Unless it's Azeroth who is saving all the times some mean jerk said she was gonna die and making us listen to it xD
    "I like the Old Gods, so their plans are 100% legit. They have never been (consistently) wrong in their predictions or actions, even though we have beaten them at every turn. However, I don't like the Legion, so anything they do must be wrong."

The Old Gods are neight manipulative or insidious in the slightest, and their best-laid plans have consistently fallen flat on their face. Hell, Sargeras, whose modus operandi and best laid plans always lead to "smash X with giant sword, move to Y, repeat", has shown more cunning in his plans.

- - - Updated - - -

But, but, Chronicle says Old Gods can't die! (Except for all the Old Gods that died in Chronicle.)
    To be fair, there's death and then there's "Holy shit that's a planet crushing me" death.
    Sylvanas didn't even win the popular vote, she was elected by an indirect election of representatives. #NotMyWarchief

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimo View Post
    Tirion, Bolvar, Maraad...
    Mankrik's wife...

10+ Year Old Account
    The Old Gods are neight manipulative or insidious in the slightest, and their best-laid plans have consistently fallen flat on their face. Hell, Sargeras, whose modus operandi and best laid plans always lead to "smash X with giant sword, move to Y, repeat", has shown more cunning in his plans.

Just because someone smart is beaten doesn't mean they are dumb or anything like that.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

That is death in he traditional sense.
    usually when you die, you go away. C'thun was still there empowering Cho'gall and we have Y'shaarj's heart that still had a personality. Yogg'Saron is throwing visions and shit at the people of Ulduar. They dont seem to die in the traditional sense.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Magical Mudcrab View Post
    "I like the Old Gods, so their plans are 100% legit. They have never been (consistently) wrong in their predictions or actions, even though we have beaten them at every turn. However, I don't like the Legion, so anything they do must be wrong."
    Using logic makes someone a fanboy? ohwell.

The Old Gods are neigh manipulative or insidious in the slightest, and their best-laid plans have consistently fallen flat on their face. Hell, Sargeras, whose modus operandi and best laid plans always lead to "smash X with giant sword, move to Y, repeat", has shown more cunning in his plans.
    So beings who have been imprisoned by the Titans/Keepers, who have orchestrated the fall and corruption of everything in the world that the Titans and Keepers set in place, from their prisons no less... are not cunning, manipulative or insidious at all... ok

Meanwhile the Legion and Sargeras who have free reign over the universe, keep failing horribly against this world over and over. Almost every dialogue from a Demon is just stupid boasting before they are killed. Boasting of how they've destroyed countless worlds and how they're gonna kill you, but just die. They're lucky they get unlimited do-overs.

10/10 Archimonde, best plan ever...