Poll: Well?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

My theory on Argus (7.2) and flying.

I'm going to go against the grain here and say since we are going back into space ala TBC they are going to design it with flying from the start. No gating, right from start.

I'm taking the guess based on the "what is the opposite thing most people think Blizzard would do" approach.

/bookmarked just in-case

Do you agree?

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe it should be when questing you have no flying but when you reach max level you can unlock it without grinding reputations and such.

The most obvious thing to do would be to make it so, but since its blizzard they always do what the players want to happen the least (see: choices taken in 7.2) and somehow make all their decisions based on "which one of those decisions will make us lose the most players? *picks that one*"

Quote Originally Posted by Nuba View Post
    The most obvious thing to do would be to make it so, but since its blizzard they always do what the players want to happen the least (see: choices taken in 7.2) and somehow make all their decisions based on "which one of those decisions will make us lose the most players? *picks that one*"
    The problem is that the community doesnt really want anything

Ask yourself this - Did Isle of Quel'danas have flying? Did Molten Front have flying? Did Isle of Thunder/Isle of Giants/Timeless Isle have flying? The answer to all of those is no. Argus won't have it either because it's the exact same as those locations except it's a planet and not an island but it might aswell be an island based on the state of the place. The lore reason behind not being able to fly on Draenor was that the wind was different and we haven't mastered it yet, the reason for Legion not having flying is that demons would shoot us down from the sky. You'd be stupid to think they'd give you flying on an alien planet that is completely under demonic control and is falling apart.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Luckx View Post
    Maybe it should be when questing you have no flying but when you reach max level you can unlock it without grinding reputations and such.
    You're aware that Argus is a patch not an expansion, ye?

Huh? We won't be leveling on Argus so that makes no sense.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm neutral. I couldn't care if we flew from the Start, Mid, End or not at all. As long as he content is good.

So they give us flying and take it away in 7.3? cant wait for the uproar if that happens

Quote Originally Posted by Nuba View Post
    And yet they continue to have lots of players and be wildly profitable. Strange, isn't it?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    I'm neutral. I couldn't care if we flew from the Start, Mid, End or not at all. As long as he content is good.
    Amen. It's not like any choice they make would change how many people were complaining in the forums anyway. Haters gonna hate, whatever Blizz does.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by xcess View Post
    So they give us flying and take it away in 7.3? cant wait for the uproar if that happens
    We'll still be able to fly on Broken Shore, but maybe not on Argus. Idk anything for sure, but that's typical of other expansions.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

I'm going to agree that they'll allow flying. However, I figure that place is going to be loaded with all sorts of mobs and anti-air things that can shoot you down.

I doubt it. They will likely introduce it the same way timeless isle was introduced. No flying. Lots of stuff to kill, pvp, tons of small chests/large chests.

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    I'm going to go against the grain here and say since we are going back into space ala TBC they are going to design it with flying from the start. No gating, right from start.

I'm taking the guess based on the "what is the opposite thing most people think Blizzard would do" approach.

/bookmarked just in-case

Do you agree?
    I agree that that would be better. Do I think Blizzard will actually let us fly on Argus? No way.
    I do hope I'm wrong though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post

/bookmarked just in-case

Do you agree?
    I have no clue what you are about. So I disagree.

Flying hasn't been enabled in current content for almost two expansions now...it's their design philosophy so get used to it. Maybe they'll change it in a future expansion, but don't count on it for 7.3. I'll eat my shoe if your theory is true.

Argus - is critical point for me. Till that moment Legion still can be saved from complete fail. If Argus won't be implemented properly - then it's the end of story for me. I will focus on completing my WOD stuff. When it will be completed - I will quit most likely, cuz I've got tired of leveling new characters, but I don't think, that things, like transmog runs, will keep me busy for long enough. Will wait for next xpack. May be it will be better.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

ofc it should be - WoD and Legion proved that removing flying from people was collosal mistake from get go - flying if fun - if i wanted to ride on ground i would just do it irl

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    I would love to see them create a balls to the wall flying-only zone experience that puts their questing and zone creation skills to the absolute test, while also making an inventive zone that incorporates flying as opposed to how they normally make quests.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by meroko View Post
    Flying hasn't been enabled in current content for almost two expansions now...it's their design philosophy so get used to it. Maybe they'll change it in a future expansion, but don't count on it for 7.3. I'll eat my shoe if your theory is true.
    Blizzard have been the ones eating shoes for two expansions in a row. Realizing a little too late that flying is a beloved part of the game.
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

Deleted
    I'd like something like the Defenders of Hyjal thing, where we established a foothold in the firelands and unlocked more regions over time. It makes sense that the Legion has soe air defenses set up, so maybe we CAN fly, but get shot down quickly, until we build something to keep the skies clear / remove the anti-air missiles?

Nope. We won't be able to fly. I have no faith in this company to have great game design talent anymore

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    Quote Originally Posted by LauraHydra View Post
    I'd like something like the Defenders of Hyjal thing, where we established a foothold in the firelands and unlocked more regions over time. It makes sense that the Legion has soe air defenses set up, so maybe we CAN fly, but get shot down quickly, until we build something to keep the skies clear / remove the anti-air missiles?
    My brother and I came up with an idea very similar to this to allow for a more seamless "no flying" excuse. I loved the idea (it was WoD at the time) of needing to go in and do a small series of quests to unlock flight in X zone and it could be a fel cannon or a giant flying mount eating bird of prey, or a environmental effect like a tornado or sandstorm. You do this every week and say can only unlock flight in 3 zones of your choice a week. It was a fun idea to play with, because he was rather anti-flight where I am rigidly pro flight.

Things like that would actually breathe some life back into zones. As it stands, all Blizzard does is gate flying as a 'reward' rather than actually designing anything in the game around flight (including the quest system they claimed it trivialized).
    Last edited by Manabomb; 2017-04-13 at 07:17 AM.
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.