Minion changes have me kinda excited. Especially Specters going the way of Animate Guardian finally. What a drag it was desc spamming for the minion. Though I don't quite understand why the game turns off any of your permanent duration minions at all.

Skeletal Mages look dope as fuck.

Finally got into this game after 19239w0192 tries. Pretty sure legacy league is the greatest thing I've ever seen in an arpg.

Been running a zombie build in SSF. So far I've done pretty well I guess for my first character. Up through act 2 in merciless currently. Taking a break from pushing to farm up my last death card for mah grasp.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lagwin View Post
    *snip*.
    Oh I know why, but I own a PS4 and would love to play this on console. The more people who get to play good games, the better though.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Minion changes have me kinda excited. Especially Specters going the way of Animate Guardian finally. What a drag it was desc spamming for the minion. Though I don't quite understand why the game turns off any of your permanent duration minions at all.

Skeletal Mages look dope as fuck.
    Shame that this is the season I'm playing auramancer. So far crushing content and now the only upgrades that exist will be costing exalts upon exalts. Learned a huge deal on fixing the atlas to so I can run shaped strand/shore and not give a fuck on how many or what affixes exist on the map. Overall my most successful league so far in PoE, but I won't play the same build two seasons in a row.

Hoping there is a zombie build using The Baron.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    Shame that this is the season I'm playing auramancer. So far crushing content and now the only upgrades that exist will be costing exalts upon exalts. Learned a huge deal on fixing the atlas to so I can run shaped strand/shore and not give a fuck on how many or what affixes exist on the map. Overall my most successful league so far in PoE, but I won't play the same build two seasons in a row.

I'm playing one now and it's a blast.

Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    Oh, I actually just got a drop of The Baron and rolled a 'Zoomancer' with life to make use of it. Doing okay so far just starting Merc. Cruel's final acts were touch and go.

Baron is amazing for leveling, +2 levels 4 link at level 26 = SRS demolishes everything up to a4m. From what I've heard zombies still aren't really worth it though, they are getting like a 100% damage boost or something in 3.0 at least. I tried chaos animate weapon this league and it's just been...not good. I guess having a 6th link and envy aura really must make that much of a difference because my weapons just don't do that much damage. They tear through yellow maps like nothing but a very noticeable drop off around t13. Will probably end up making yet another summoner in 3.0 though, it's all I ever end up playing. I have an extremely great idea for molten strike but coloring an evasion chest for molten is some real fuckery when you need 4 reds and a blue.

I've finally decided what to do for 3.0 - 2hand shadow with Viper Strike. I know that maybe a dw/crit build would be stronger, but i really want to try 2handers. I'm not that informed yet but it looks like there are not many 2h builds around - or maybe i looked in the wrong place.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

One handers actually just got buffed this league because two handers are literally all anyone used (because they were strictly superior) :x

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    One handers actually just got buffed this league because two handers are literally all anyone used (because they were strictly superior) :x
    Well, everywhere i look i see dual wield all around :P Anyway i was thinking about a 2h sword and stack as much attack speed as possible, and dot/chaos damage. Should be easy enough to turn into a dual daggers build since i can take the dagger related nodes only later in the game.

Though i don't know how much i'm passing over with this.

Can't go wrong with a Slayer two handed build. Grab some two handed/melee damage nodes and lifesteal easy build.

Can't go wrong with a Slayer two handed build. Grab some two handed/melee damage nodes and lifesteal easy build.
    Ok, but that is a Duelist, am i right? I really wanted to use a Shadow :P Well, this game is not for compromises when it's about building a character.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Ok, but that is a Duelist, am i right? I really wanted to use a Shadow :P Well, this game is not for compromises when it's about building a character.
    Sure it is! You just have to weigh your pros and cons of each class!

Like Slayer can get you automatic Melee Splash, which is huge since it saves you a socket. And oh wow, an even better version of Culling Strike that I didn't know about...
    But on the other hand, Assassin does double poison damage on crits, which is kinda irreplaceable... and also Culling Strike on crit if you choose to go for that.

I think that's one of the beautiful things about how the Ascendancy classes are designed. Even if there is an arguably best one for a certain build, other ascendancy classes might have some different tempting bonuses. Maybe class X does more damage but Y could have more utility/durability, who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaiandra View Post
    Sure it is! You just have to weigh your pros and cons of each class!

Like Slayer can get you automatic Melee Splash, which is huge since it saves you a socket. And oh wow, an even better version of Culling Strike that I didn't know about...
    But on the other hand, Assassin does double poison damage on crits, which is kinda irreplaceable... and also Culling Strike on crit if you choose to go for that.

I think that's one of the beautiful things about how the Ascendancy classes are designed. Even if there is an arguably best one for a certain build, other ascendancy classes might have some different tempting bonuses. Maybe class X does more damage but Y could have more utility/durability, who knows.
    yeah, i was fiddling with this. Shadow ascendancies rely a lot on crit, which favors daggers by quite a bunch. On the other side Duelist has a Slayer which is better suited for a 2h weapon, but has more difficult access to chaos/dot damage nodes.

It's all about tradeoffs. I think i'll try with shadow anyway since it's the more tempting one - even if it isn't the absolute best. I can always reroll and save the gear in case.

Biggest bonuses to Slayer is lots of built in damage, AOE, and life leech. With 4 points in the life leech tree you are basically immortal to anything that doesn't one shot you, and the reduced reflect and super culling strike is amazing as well. Assassin is obviously good with crits but you're kind of forced to go CI/vaal pact because the top/right area of the tree is just pitiful for getting life.

Biggest bonuses to Slayer is lots of built in damage, AOE, and life leech. With 4 points in the life leech tree you are basically immortal to anything that doesn't one shot you, and the reduced reflect and super culling strike is amazing as well. Assassin is obviously good with crits but you're kind of forced to go CI/vaal pact because the top/right area of the tree is just pitiful for getting life.
    Well, CI/ES builds look like they're pretty strong at the moment.

Something like this?linky

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Well, CI/ES builds look like they're pretty strong at the moment.

Something like this?linky
    Why are you stacking so much chaos damage? If it's just for poison you are better to just stack phys dmg

Quote Originally Posted by padie View Post
    Why are you stacking so much chaos damage? If it's just for poison you are better to just stack phys dmg
    Poison is affected by both chaos damage and pyshical damage. Actually lots of effects apply on it http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Poison

As for what hase the biggest effect, i should do some math because i have no idea, but in my build i aim to damage over time nodes, which happen to be into chaos damage clusters.

EDIT: napkin math shows me that for the sake of VS dot phys% and chaos% are totally exchangeable. Given how VS has a baked in phys to chaos dmg conversion (which i didn't actually counted) chaos damage nodes look to be the winners.

But again, napkin math. I may ignore other calculations that can change everything.
    Last edited by Coldkil; 2017-04-13 at 12:58 PM.

for chaos you will get a double dip from vs(but only 25%) on poison.

phys gives full bonus(not just 25% of your melee dmg).

If you are planning to run hatred or added fire Phys will be a clear winner.

Quote Originally Posted by padie View Post
    for chaos you will get a double dip from vs(but only 25%) on poison.

phys gives full bonus(not just 25% of your melee dmg).

If you are planning to run hatred or added fire Phys will be a clear winner.
    No, i'm going to run full poison/chaos damage. VS dot is 8% of the inital hit (at least from the wiki), including both physical and chaos portions.